CT Scan , Where and how much?

Randell

I  need a CT scan rather urgently. I have been told that there are more than one here in CR. Can anyone tell where and how much. I would  assume there would be a variance in price . and due to the strong baht restricting and already meager pension need to find the most reasonable price. The scan it's self is for my head( left mastiod to be exact) if location makes any difference. My ability to get out and about my self is extremely limited so not an option to go and visit all the hospitals.

Thanks in advance Randell

I had two in two days last year, one at the Overbrook and one at Kasemrad Sriburin

The Overbrook was about 18,000B and Sriburin around 24,000B.

The problem was found at the O/B.

Several people have since said that I should have gone to the new? university hospital but I never really had time to shop around.

Oh my that's far more than ever though they would be. I was thinking / hoping in the 5 to 8 K bracket.  Just real challenging getting around at the moment so I will continue to try and ferret it out by phone but so far that's has only produces frustration.  I will try MFL Uni tomorrow they usually have more English speakers available on the information desk

18 minutes ago, Randell said:

Oh my that's far more than ever though they would be. I was thinking / hoping in the 5 to 8 K bracket.  Just real challenging getting around at the moment so I will continue to try and ferret it out by phone but so far that's has only produces frustration.  I will try MFL Uni tomorrow they usually have more English speakers available on the information desk

A few weeks ago the government published a list of charges for government hospitals and from a translation it looks like CT scans are on pages 35/36.

Good luck.

T_0004[2305843009216118833].pdf

randel, a couple mths. ago I told a poster of a place on pahoyothin, after the rear entrance to central, opposite the newish  trimuph motorcycle store.  He had one done for a hair line fracture.  Look it up in the health topic.  May need a dr. to prescribe, don't know.

22 hours ago, sandyf said:

A few weeks ago the government published a list of charges for government hospitals and from a translation it looks like CT scans are on pages 35/36.

Good luck.

T_0004[2305843009216118833].pdf 2.47 MB · 15 downloads

Thanks very much sandyf a very handy pdf. I can only guess at which one I need but looks like for the face and neck about 6000 Baht and I need the ear and Mastoid area so should be in the same ballpark.  Not to find out where and how much waiting time. I would imagine the Government hospital machines are quite booked up . My situation is important but not immediately urgent. Slated for radical Mastoidectomy in Jan. Again thanks  it was a big help just to have a baseline number to judge things by.

I was just informed of my surgery date in 21 Jan there fore CT not as urgent as my op suggested. so I will continue to ferret out a result and will post findings  then. thanks again to all that responded  I have always a great had great help here on this forum and appreciate it a lot.

On 10/5/2019 at 2:06 PM, KC 71 said:

I will ask my Niece (Nurse CR) and let you know
I should imagine Overbrook or Mae Fah Luang University would be a good option

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Mae Fah Long I think would be cheapest , new hospital and very good

On 10/6/2019 at 1:56 PM, Randell said:

Thanks very much sandyf a very handy pdf. I can only guess at which one I need but looks like for the face and neck about 6000 Baht and I need the ear and Mastoid area so should be in the same ballpark.  Not to find out where and how much waiting time. I would imagine the Government hospital machines are quite booked up . My situation is important but not immediately urgent. Slated for radical Mastoidectomy in Jan. Again thanks  it was a big help just to have a baseline number to judge things by.

I walked in and had the scan done in 50 minutes. Mae Fah Long

On 10/5/2019 at 3:06 PM, sceadugenga said:

I had two in two days last year, one at the Overbrook and one at Kasemrad Sriburin

Several people have since said that I should have gone to the new? university hospital but I never really had time to shop around.

The new university hospital is great , had 3 operations in 3 weeks and were very professional. Modern technology there too.

On 10/5/2019 at 3:06 PM, sceadugenga said:

The new hospital is very quick to get there now with the new freeway opened.From our front door to hospital 40 minutes and you dont have to spend 15 minutes looking for a park  as you park right out the front entrance , 

Follow up on CT scan .

I went to check prices at the CR Government hospital and the nurse in the imaging Dept. Said while my scan of Temporal bone area was only 5000 Baht there . There was a que and that  because I already had the paper work from the hospital in CM she said it would be cheaper to go to  UD imaging ( not sure of the name all in Thai in my paper work )  "IraqRon" mentioned this shop about a 100 meter south of the back entrance to Central Mall.  ( UD  053711707  0942627171) I have it done for 3000 baht. Very competent for all imaging needs but i do believe you need a referral I will check on this when I pick up my data packet.  MFU health center is a great new facility and I use it.   I was quoted 6 to 10 K baht at MFU  but that was on the phone so translation difficulties. But very nice to know of alternative to Siriburin and Overbook which in my opinion are grossly overpriced.

Thank you so much for all contributions

Archived