Emirates Airlines - On-line booking webpages

PETERTHEEATER

From the UK I have been trying to book flights on Emirates.

There has been a change to their on-line booking pages in that, after the initial pages, the screen will NOT display the page in Landscape format and demands that the user device be rotated to Portrait format. When using a tablet (let alone a smaller smartphone) the page content is compressed and difficult to use.

I note that in the address bar the page address is now prefixed 'mobile'

Can anyone tell me how I can access the pre-mobile webpages?

Too many sites now are changing successful and user-friendly formats into unfriendly formats, two very well known e-mail sites have forced this onto users. I am disappointed that it is infectious!

7 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I can't see it. Too many Emirates pages. Can you give me a link to that page please?

I can't get back to the mobile site.  When I selected "Full website" it must have saved that setting somewhere and I'm being sent straight there.  Try typing www.emirates.com into the address bar and it'll probably take you to the home page of the mobile site.  Scroll down and you should see what I mentioned.

1 hour ago, The Fat Controller said:

The APP from the Google Play Store for Android or whatever the equivalent is for Apple Devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emirates.ek.android&hl=en_GB

Thanks. I wasn't being flippant I immediately though it was Advanced Passenger Protocol or similar. Realised only after I pressed enter that you meant Application.

Anyway, I ran into problems trying to get the app and have posted that problem in the IT and Computer forum.

22 minutes ago, treetops said:

I can't get back to the mobile site.  When I selected "Full website" it must have saved that setting somewhere and I'm being sent straight there.  Try typing www.emirates.com into the address bar and it'll probably take you to the home page of the mobile site.  Scroll down and you should see what I mentioned.

Sorry no. I opened that page but can't see it. Not in the sub menus toward the bottom. Cannot see it in the footer. Tried Accessibility too but no statement of options between mobile and fixed devices.

I have just googled Emirates air. From the drop down menu Selected flights.

Then to book flights or browse. Asked dates and status IE Business or other. Put in dates and then it went to flights available. Nothing has changed since the last time I used it 9 months ago, simple a pie. So I don't understand what your getting. I am using a comp though not a phone.

N/B I always travel Business class. The food served on Emirates was at best rubbish. Not a patch on EVA. Saying that their lounges are very good. The only reason I used them was they fly to Stansted. End of grumble. 

Thanks. The difference seems to be that if you access the Emirates website using a Win PC or Mac you get the standard Landscape format. If you access from an Android device you are forced to a Portrait format. It would be good if they offered the user the option.

Thanks. I had read through those FAQs but they are not helpful, in fact, one of Emirates responses is that they are striving to make their website accessible to all types of mobile devices.

Then most useless tip is that the (problematic) Emirates app is available from the I-tunes Store. Ideal for Android users????

Best alternative, fly Qatar, cheaper, 5 star service in ECY Class, very very friendly and hot Asian, Arab or Indian female flight attendants, (I find them more friendly then the stiffnecked East European female upstarts in Emirates, who make it to air waitress and can behave rudely or arrogantly as if they were flying the plane)... great food,  fewer hassles at Doha airport when on Transit, and shorter transit and commuting between gates. Of course all depends from or to where...but worth giving them a try....only 1 trap with Qatar, dont go a single kg above the allowance of xxKgs for hand luggage, as they are ruthless on that.

Archived