Tourism Ministry, TAT hope to attract more Chinese tourists next month

rooster59

Tourism Ministry, TAT hope to attract more Chinese tourists next month

By THE NATION

800_c9af006c77785da.jpg

Pipat Ratchakitprakan

The Tourism and Sports Ministry and the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) discussed how to stimulate tourism in the last quarter of 2019, aiming to draw more Chinese tourists to Thailand in accordance with Minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan’s policies.

“TAT officials have coordinated with managers of Meizhou Mazu temple in Fujian province, China, to bring the Mazu goddess statue, or the Ruby goddess, to Thailand during the period of November 14-19 to promote relations between the two countries and increase the number of Chinese tourists, who want to show their respect to the goddess at places where the statue will be displayed,” the minister said.

The places where the Mazu goddess will be on display in Thailand are the Quanzhou Jinjiang Association (Thailand), Lim Clansmen Association of Thailand, and Yaowarat, Chinatown.

“The Mazu goddess culture is older than 1,000 years,” explained the minister. “This project will also serve as a cultural link to China’s One Belt One Road global strategy.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377113

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-06

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Is that a photo of the minister attempting to 'lure' tourists to Thailand?

It looks more like he's ready to strangle the tourists with that hand gesture.

Ah La the quality Chinese tourist who strangled the Thai lady

The 'problem' with Thailand tourism is that there are too many Chinese tourists who dont spend money in Thailand - they pay packaged tours back in China and they mainly go to Chinese owned hotels, restaurants, and venues.  So the TAT solution is to try and bring in more Chinese toursists ??  ????????????

What do you reckon - TAT has their bonus payments linked to the number of tourists who enter Thailand?  Only the Thai Government could take something so good and completely stuff it up in less than 10 years.

I hope he has an idea where all those Chinese tourists should go. Because some of he existing places are already more than overcrowded with Chinese tourists.

Maybe a year or two ago I visited the Ratchada Rot Fai Train Night Market several times. Lot's of food.

Now even at opening times its so overcrowded with mostly Chinese tourist groups it's impossible to walk in. 

More tourists need new places for tourists. Please somewhere far away.

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hope he has an idea where all those Chinese tourists should go. Because some of he existing places are already more than overcrowded with Chinese tourists.

Maybe a year or two ago I visited the Ratchada Rot Fai Train Night Market several times. Lot's of food.

Now even at opening times its so overcrowded with mostly Chinese tourist groups it's impossible to walk in. 

More tourists need new places for tourists. Please somewhere far away.

Try visiting the Palace - unbelieveable. I had to resort to holding a drink in front of me and barging through them so the wife and I could walk anywhere (she had to walk behind me).  They are like a plaque of ants - they go in all directions at once and they dont care who/what is in their way. 

7 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Try visiting the Palace - unbelieveable. I had to resort to holding a drink in front of me and barging through them so the wife and I could walk anywhere (she had to walk behind me).  They are like a plaque of ants - they go in all directions at once and they dont care who/what is in their way. 

Actually I thought about how that must look like these days.

I was there the last time more than 20 years ago when I was on holiday in Thailand. And at that time they had already enough visitors - but it was still easy to walk around without problem.

Several destination in Europe who have been relentlessly have been overrun by millions of visitors are now banning or making visiting tourists life more difficult due to the huge wear and tear on the environment and quality of live for the locals, not so in Thailand, 40 millions tourists? yes please, 50 millions? sure come on in, we need the money and da hell with the locals feelings and the environments...

They really need to address Chinese manners, or lack of, at some point.

The overall quality of Chinese coming to Thailand is appalling.

People avoid them. Shun them. If you see a group you turn away.

Not good for local businesses. Just ask a few

2 hours ago, Toadie said:

They really need to address Chinese manners, or lack of, at some point.

The overall quality of Chinese coming to Thailand is appalling.

People avoid them. Shun them. If you see a group you turn away.

Not good for local businesses. Just ask a few

Hit the nail on the head; no manners. To my disappointment Chinese women have found our supermarkets. They push you out of their way, steal your shopping trolley when your back is turned, you cant get to the shelf you want as they think you have found a bargain and they must be their first. I now have changed my attitude, the shopping trolley is not for putting purchases in; its a battering ram.

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

He is a hobby angler talking catch-and-release tourism.

Desperados and incompetents sit around and hope that things will improve and fate will intervene and improve their fortunes. 

Meanwhile, real men perform the necessary actions and demonstrate the creative juice to implement progressive policy, in order to make things happen and insure a positive outcome. 

15 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:
4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

He is a hobby angler talking catch-and-release tourism.

Ah right, I think I understand now: I caught a tourist with a head this big, but it managed to get away.

You are great! Another appearance in the media, it seems that you are judged for the apparitions you do!
When you will understand that the Chinese and Indians are not the solution to the problems that Thailand has with tourism!

4 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Last time I tried with the missus gave up and went back to the hotel for a swim. Plaque of rats rather than ants though!! 555

Archived