Trump signs proclamation restricting visas for uninsured

4 hours ago, La Migra said:

So if Thailand requires health insurance for long-stay foreigners (retirees/married/business/ED) before approving visa or extension....are you ok with that?

The question is not if but when. I only hope there will be affordable options. 

10 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Nothing to do with Obama it was so long time before his administration. Founded on greed and avarice. 

When the Affordable Care Act (obamacare) went into effect, if I had to buy it, the monthly premiums would have been $1,200.00 and the yearly deductible would have been $12,000.00.  

This was the cost for the cheapest bronze plan.  That plan would only cover me in 5 states in the U.S.  

Not affordable at all.  But still I would have to pay coverage for medical care that that would never be needed, such as  maternity coverage for my wife, who, due to medical reasons, would never be pregnant, much less have a baby!  

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2019 at 1:50 PM, englishoak said:

Well thatll last as long is it takes to get some Judge to rule it unlawful... 

There is a challenge:

• A judge in Oregon granted a temporary restraining order Saturday against a policy that would have denied immigrants a visa unless they can prove they will have health insurance.
  • The lawsuit, filed in US District Court in Portland, Oregon, claims that the proclamation will bar hundreds of thousands of immigrants from coming to the United States, and as a result, could separate families who are immigrating via family-sponsored visas.

http://lite.cnn.io/en/article/h_79b678457ea76dfdfabeaf398aec13c3

On 10/9/2019 at 1:17 PM, radiochaser said:

When the Affordable Care Act (obamacare) went into effect, if I had to buy it, the monthly premiums would have been $1,200.00 and the yearly deductible would have been $12,000.00.  

This was the cost for the cheapest bronze plan.  That plan would only cover me in 5 states in the U.S.  

Not affordable at all.  But still I would have to pay coverage for medical care that that would never be needed, such as  maternity coverage for my wife, who, due to medical reasons, would never be pregnant, much less have a baby!  

That is way too high and that's another reason the U.S.A. needs a real single payer system as if it was an actual civilized country like Canada, etc. But what you fail to divulge is that if your costs would have been that high you are/were VERY HIGH INCOME and not eligible for any ACA subsidies. Still as I said way way way too high even for very high income people. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 12:24 PM, atyclb said:

there should be a waiver of required medical insurance for bonafide political asylum seekers.

doesn't anybody actually read before posting: "It does not apply to asylum seekers, refugees or children."

seems to me not too long ago when Thailand was adding the mandatory medical to O-A visas people on here were talking about how it should be that way as well as others trying to beat the system.

Now President Trump does it and it's suddenly a crime?

As for that lame duck judge in OR. They don't uphold their own laws so his ruling on how a federal law works won't hold up.

A LOT of Americans here would be just fine if they ever fix Medicare to cover 100% of the people who paid for it. Hell, if they (SSA) were smart they'd fly all the expensive medical claimants out to a foreign country for the treatments. It would save them millions a year. :wai:

I prefer this headline:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/04/trump-to-protect-u-s-taxpayers-from-subsidizing-health-care-for-immigrants/

"Notably, data show that lawful immigrants are about three times more likely than United States citizens to lack health insurance. Immigrants who enter this country should not further saddle our healthcare system, and subsequently American taxpayers, with higher costs."

But as expected an Obama appointed liberal Judge (in Portland, Oregan no less) has put a hold on this and the matter will go before the SCOTUS - like so many other decisions of Trump, where the unelected liberal Judges have decided it is their job to determine public health and immigration policy and not that of the POTUS.    

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 12:40 AM, Jingthing said:

That is way too high and that's another reason the U.S.A. needs a real single payer system as if it was an actual civilized country like Canada, etc. But what you fail to divulge is that if your costs would have been that high you are/were VERY HIGH INCOME and not eligible for any ACA subsidies. Still as I said way way way too high even for very high income people. 

My monthly income was $12.00 over the limit. 

So, not a "VERY HIGH INCOME".  Just $12.00 a month! 

A not "VERY HIGH INCOME" of $144.00 over the annual income limit!

So not eligable for about $1000.00 a month subsidy that some one else, the tax payers and the younger adults who were required to pay penalties for not having medical insurance, had to pay for those who made less than my, "VERY HIGH INCOME"!

It was a good that I kept my health insurance when I retired, which now costs me over $600.00 a month.  The monthly cost increased at a higher rate after obamacare went into effect. 

It covers me in every state of the United States.  Not only the United States, my health care covers me in Thailand too.  And Canada, the U.K., Australia, Italy, Germany, France, Portagal, Mexico, Japan, S. Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Mainland China, Phillipines, Indonesia, Panama, Spain,  etc.   Not just the five states, that were not even contiguous, that obama care would pay in.  

On 11/11/2019 at 5:53 AM, AussieBob18 said:

I prefer this headline:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/04/trump-to-protect-u-s-taxpayers-from-subsidizing-health-care-for-immigrants/

"Notably, data show that lawful immigrants are about three times more likely than United States citizens to lack health insurance. Immigrants who enter this country should not further saddle our healthcare system, and subsequently American taxpayers, with higher costs."

But as expected an Obama appointed liberal Judge (in Portland, Oregan no less) has put a hold on this and the matter will go before the SCOTUS - like so many other decisions of Trump, where the unelected liberal Judges have decided it is their job to determine public health and immigration policy and not that of the POTUS.    

My wife and I sponsored her brother and his family to immigrate to the United States, from Thailand. 

Even though they were granted legal immigration status, with the accompanying immigrant VISA and green card, 'we', my wife and I, were responsible for their health care and they were not eligable for welfare!  They all pay for thier own helth care now. 

From what I understand, from my conversations with other legal immigrants from Thailand, they were themselvers responsible for their health care and were not allowed to apply for welfare.  

Archived