Industry minister to join campaign banning three pesticides

rooster59

Industry minister to join campaign banning three pesticides

By The Nation

800_dd391f5b57e82da.jpg

Industry Minister Suriya Juangroongruangkit said on Saturday that he had agreed to join the campaign banning three pesticides – Paraquat, Glyphosate and Chlorpyrifos, which contain toxic substances and are widely used in agriculture.

His statement came after Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Chalermchai Sri-on invited him and Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul to join the campaign.

Suriya said he would release an official statement with the two other ministers at their earliest convenience.

“I want to tackle this issue as soon as possible, since it has a major impact on the health and safety of both farmers and consumers,” he said.

The industry minister also said he would coordinate with other related agencies to come up with a safer substitute so the ban will not hinder agricultural production or put farmers in a difficult situation.

“I believe that by working together we can find a solution that makes everyone happy,” Suriya said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377106

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-06

36 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The industry minister also said he would coordinate with other related agencies to come up with a safer substitute so the ban will not hinder agricultural production or put farmers in a difficult situation.

I'm all ears.

Just ban them already!! Proof is obvious to those that live amoungst the sprayers. Its frightening how ruthless these idiots are also, even after all the references they still spray. My neighbours went out today after the rains to spray again. The chemicals are in the ground/bore water and everyone is showering with it and some even drink. Its insanity.

Can someone please enlighten me why Roundup is being targeted so heavily.

I see Attrazine as a far worse chemical when the experts here talk about ground water supplies.

Oh and please refrain from replying on your cancer causing mobile phones.

6 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Can someone please enlighten me why Roundup is being targeted so heavily.

I see Attrazine as a far worse chemical when the experts here talk about ground water supplies.

Oh and please refrain from replying on your cancer causing mobile phones.

Maybe ask Bayer why they are losing their shirt. 

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“I believe that by working together we can find a solution that makes everyone happy,” Suriya said

An old "saying" that's very true... works for "happy" too !!!!

You can fool some of the people all of the time

You can fool all of the people some of the time

But you can't fool all the people all of the time !

Archived