Saudi Arabia allows foreign men and women to share hotel rooms

rooster59

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

you must be a hard-core tourist who has seen already everything on this planet to visit this country other then this you are just pain stupid.
I was stupid enough (or call it greedy) to signed a contract for 3 years to work there. With hindsight, I call this now my jail sentence and it was longer as some kiddy fiddler or murderer get in Germany. Luckly most of the time I was staying in Dammam and had the chance to cross into Bahrain like every other Saudi in this area to have a drink and kill the time.
Apart from that nothing to see and on your only free day (Friday) you could not visit any attraction, only for families on this day.
The worst place for me was Dshaizan where we have build some parts of an oil-chrecker plant to get away from the Persian Golf but unfortunatly its very close to Yemen and sometimes you could see Missile aiming to Riyadh apart from that it is a military zone, just like Thailand. Mecca is forbidden for heathen and you are not allow to enter the red circle. Also they have nice long clean beaches, very beautiful, but you are not permited to visit, learned it the hard way, police turned up and luckily I could play the stupid white foreigner to escape an arrest.
No thank you, in my lifetime I will not visit this country as a tourist and everyone who ask me I will advise to stay away from this sh!thole.

1 hour ago, OttoPollmann said:

you must be a hard-core tourist who has seen already everything on this planet to visit this country other then this you are just pain stupid.
I was stupid enough (or call it greedy) to signed a contract for 3 years to work there. With hindsight, I call this now my jail sentence and it was longer as some kiddy fiddler or murderer get in Germany. Luckly most of the time I was staying in Dammam and had the chance to cross into Bahrain like every other Saudi in this area to have a drink and kill the time.
Apart from that nothing to see and on your only free day (Friday) you could not visit any attraction, only for families on this day.
The worst place for me was Dshaizan where we have build some parts of an oil-chrecker plant to get away from the Persian Golf but unfortunatly its very close to Yemen and sometimes you could see Missile aiming to Riyadh apart from that it is a military zone, just like Thailand. Mecca is forbidden for heathen and you are not allow to enter the red circle. Also they have nice long clean beaches, very beautiful, but you are not permited to visit, learned it the hard way, police turned up and luckily I could play the stupid white foreigner to escape an arrest.
No thank you, in my lifetime I will not visit this country as a tourist and everyone who ask me I will advise to stay away from this sh!thole.

I worked in Saudi for four years in Riyadh and thankfully had a more positive attitude than the one you display. 

Sharia law says that its ok to have sex with the woman if she is your slave and over nine years old. Other wise it is immoral. 

Also you can have sex with a goat provided you don't eat it afterwards -That would be unclean - but you can sell it to another village.

When men believe in absurdities they can commit atrocities. Voltaire.

14 minutes ago, Soundspeed said:

Sharia law says that its ok to have sex with the woman if she is your slave and over nine years old. Other wise it is immoral. 

Also you can have sex with a goat provided you don't eat it afterwards -That would be unclean - but you can sell it to another village.

Reference please.

25 minutes ago, Soundspeed said:

Nothing wrong with that

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I worked in Saudi for four years in Riyadh and thankfully had a more positive attitude than the one you display. 

Tell me, what was your positive experience what you have carried with you to promote this place to your friends.
the freedom of speach? the freedom of your own opinion? the freedom of your sexual choice? Even you just want to stay together un-married not to mention of male partner.
You went to Mecca? You got access into the restricted area around the Kaaba? only muslims are permited. All beaches are belong to the King and no-go zones only marked area are permited to visit and here you have to respect the family zones even nobody is in sight for miles. You have visit the area close to Yemen, that is military zone already for years. My company had some sites just 20 kilometers from the boarder, which we had to abandon because of the conflict between these countries. The west is not talking about this war and the killing of innovent Yemeni. We don't want to interfere in local affairs and more importent cut off the oil supply.
For sure, in Riyadh you have lived in a foreigner housing estate because that is the only place where foreigner could stay. Like in a boot camp just depend of your status but on the end for all foreigner it's the same, go to work and back in your compound.
That sounds very inviting for a holiday trip.

14 minutes ago, OttoPollmann said:

Tell me, what was your positive experience what you have carried with you to promote this place to your friends.
the freedom of speach? the freedom of your own opinion? the freedom of your sexual choice? Even you just want to stay together un-married not to mention of male partner.
You went to Mecca? You got access into the restricted area around the Kaaba? only muslims are permited. All beaches are belong to the King and no-go zones only marked area are permited to visit and here you have to respect the family zones even nobody is in sight for miles. You have visit the area close to Yemen, that is military zone already for years. My company had some sites just 20 kilometers from the boarder, which we had to abandon because of the conflict between these countries. The west is not talking about this war and the killing of innovent Yemeni. We don't want to interfere in local affairs and more importent cut off the oil supply.
For sure, in Riyadh you have lived in a foreigner housing estate because that is the only place where foreigner could stay. Like in a boot camp just depend of your status but on the end for all foreigner it's the same, go to work and back in your compound.
That sounds very inviting for a holiday trip.

Why would I want to go to Mecca? I'm not a Muslim and have no interest in places of worship to be honest. I've visited enough Mosques to have a good idea of what they are.

Freedom of speech is an issue there as it is in Thailand.

You do realise that this article is about allowing unmarried foreigners to rent a room together?

One of the more interesting parts to this story is allowing Saudi women to rent rooms by themselves, opens up a number of possibilities...

Beach resorts on series of island currently under development.

Why would I go to a zone where there is a military conflict? I don't visit the Southern provinces where there is conflict in Thailand, so why would I have done so in Saudi?

I did live in a compound, but didn't have an issue with that.

Saudi is slowly moving towards opening up, how far it will ever go is a good question, but there are ongoing attempts to make changes that will encourage more tourism. It may not be to everyone's taste but it is blind prejudice to say there is no reason to go.

12 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Apart from the historical/archaeological sites and other areas already linked to, one of the main attractions would have to be the Red Sea. According to Jacques Cousteau (who knew a little bit about the subject) the best diving in the world is in the Red Sea. The beauty of the coral reefs and the abundant marine life is apparently unrivalled. Some of the best (and most unspoilt) sites are presumably those on the Saudi side, precisely because of the lack of previous tourism.

One of my best friends, a qualified scuba diving instructor who used to work in Saudi Arabia, echoes Cousteau's views on the diving there.

I did a lot f diving while in Phuket. The Germans on the boats always raved about diving in the Red Sea on the Egyptian side. They said it was the best in the world. They also said however the booze and women were the worst scene in the world. So yeah if you aren't a total alcoholic monger it could be okay. 

22 hours ago, legend49 said:

Maybe they have looked at the 21st century and its just one big cluster <deleted>. So they stay with what they know.

Maybe but I personally don't think they have enough between their ears to have done that.

Saudi Arabia began offering tourist visas for the first time, offering e-visas and visas on arrival to citizens of 49 countries. What about tourists from Africa ??

North America : Canada, US

Europe:

Switzerland

Ireland
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Monaco
Andorra
Russia
Malta
Montenegro
San Marino
Ukraine
United Kingdom
Portugal
Poland
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Romania
Slovakia
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Spain
Sweden

Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Norway
Luxembourg
France
Germany
Greece
Slovenia
Holland
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Latvia

Asia
Brunei
Japan
Singapore
Malaysia
South Korea

Kazakhstan
China (Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan)

Oceania
Australia
New Zealand

On 10/5/2019 at 9:23 PM, rooster59 said:

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia is allowing foreign men and women to rent hotel rooms together without proving they are related, after the conservative Muslim kingdom launched a new tourist visa regime to attract holidaymakers.

Yeah, because when I think of holidaymaking, right away I think of Saudi Arabia.????

On 10/6/2019 at 11:09 AM, owl sees all said:

I think the country (Saudi Arabia) should place a bit more trust in people. Just because two people (man and woman) are in the same room it doesn't necessarily mean that they might have sexual relations. On the other hand,,..

Alcohol is another thing. I've had a bottle of Leo in the fridge for over 3 months. It tests my strength of character. Sometimes, when I'm at the fridge, I open the door and just look at the bottle. I say; "you want me to grab you and open you up, and have my way with you, but I'm not going to". That way the bottle of beer is all the more desirable. Of course, one day i will fancy a beer and drink it.

I have not used my m/c for ages. I prefer my mountain bike. People in Saudi must get to ride their bikes more often. The exertion will take their minds away from things that the state says are undesirable.

You’ve been talking to a bottle of beer for 3 months! 

Get help ????

On 10/7/2019 at 3:19 AM, Cryingdick said:

I did a lot f diving while in Phuket. The Germans on the boats always raved about diving in the Red Sea on the Egyptian side. They said it was the best in the world. They also said however the booze and women were the worst scene in the world. So yeah if you aren't a total alcoholic monger it could be okay. 

Sorry bit off topic - I’ve done hundreds and hundreds of dives and Thailands own Similan Islands are way way better than the Red Sea for many different positive reasons. 

Never sampled the local lasses ????

On 10/6/2019 at 11:20 AM, legend49 said:

Maybe they have looked at the 21st century and its just one big cluster <deleted>. So they stay with what they know.

Interesting point - whilst I despise their barbarity and atrocious treatment of females, I wonder if they look over at the U.K. and see endless clips of grossly overweight drunk woman fighting in the gutter covered in kebab juice (with someone in the background shrieking ‘leave it Sharon he’s not worth it’)  and think we’ll stick with what we’ve got thanks! 

27 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Interesting point - whilst I despise their barbarity and atrocious treatment of females, I wonder if they look over at the U.K. and see endless clips of grossly overweight drunk woman fighting in the gutter covered in kebab juice (with someone in the background shrieking ‘leave it Sharon he’s not worth it’)  and think we’ll stick with what we’ve got thanks! 

And, Australia 

Archived