Almost denied entry METV DMK

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

They can do exactly what they want. Anyway, not a problem for you, as you will not be returning to Thailand with another METV, right?

Congratulations, I wish you well in life. ???? 

Nope this is and will be my last METV! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nomad001 said:

Finally   a question I have is, if I decide to do a border run to  Kanchanaburi.Will I be questioned there? As I'm not sure if the IO noted in the system something do not grant entry on current visa?

You will not be questioned if you go get a new entry at the crossing in Kanchanaburi.

I doubt anything has been enter in your record.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not be questioned if you go get a new entry at the crossing in Kanchanaburi.

I doubt anything has been enter in your record.

Thank you Ubonjoe.I suspected as much due they granted my visa by allowing 60days just wanted to make sure.

Just a suggestion. Why dont you get married in los then again in oz when your eventually there. Its just that I'm thinking you might need few more visits to los. BTW check out the other forum on Thaivisa "visas to other countries".  

• Confused 2

Unfortunately you used the absolute worst entry point into Thailand for someone in your situation, where they make up non existent reasons for denial. 

If they had of refused you,  they would of lied on the refusal form citing insufficient funds for stay as the reason. 

In future, I would suggest using borders,  or an airport with no history of this behavior such as Chiang Mai. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Just a suggestion. Why dont you get married in los then again in oz when your eventually there. Its just that I'm thinking you might need few more visits to los. BTW check out the other forum on Thaivisa "visas to other countries".  

Thanks for that advice, will look into..

2 hours ago, mockingbird said:

Unfortunately you used the absolute worst entry point into Thailand for someone in your situation, where they make up non existent reasons for denial. 

If they had of refused you,  they would of lied on the refusal form citing insufficient funds for stay as the reason. 

In future, I would suggest using borders,  or an airport with no history of this behavior such as Chiang Mai. 

Yeah I know, though the flight was scoot and part of package deal..And I've read that swampy is not that much better..

35 minutes ago, Nomad001 said:

Yeah that's why I included my history, last time was home for almost 9 months, this year 6 month's.I think that's why the female IOs let me in, seeing that I've gone for long periods.Though I wish ministry of foreign affairs would clarify and make it clear what is allowed and not with METV.Given I had to pay $300 AUD which could have been for nothing! So consulate generals , embassy need to have a mandate from the ministry saying a person can only apply for that type of visa, how many times or if only once.Though not to be harsh, but they really don't care taking your  money then being denied entry.And I'm going to call consulate in Melbourne and inform them myself of this!

The answer you will probably get will be on the lines of

You weren't denied entry and they were just asking a few questions as they are allowed to do.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

Why are they so scared of people spending lots of time (and money) in Thailand?

I think they're OK with people spending lots of time (and money) in Thailand, they just want them to have the right visa.  In this case, the OP doesn't appear to be a tourist but is using a tourist visa.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It´s just the way you are thinking rthat makes problem for people that apply for visas. You just thing that you can take an ED visa as an option for can stay in Thailand, and not for study like it´s supposed to be for. That´s exactly why it´s getting harder for the once that actually apply for an ED visa with the reason to study.

That's exactly what I want - to study. And I need a certificate in Thai language. But with all the recent mess, I'm feeling very insecure to proceed.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Cause we're stealing their jerbs and their women folk. ????

We are also buying up all their land and properties - No, wait - we're not allowed to!

Sorry, I have no idea. Wait! I remember now, we are all terrorists. That's it - we're terrorists. I knew it would come to me. ????

They are probably just tired of us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteveK said:

It's a shame that he was issued a METV then - the whole system is a shambles.

METV can only be obtained in home country. I agree with you "its a shame...".

Fact is all Thai consulates are separate entity to Thai imm and entry control. Hence many visas issued and still can be denied esp airports. This has increased dramatically recent times. For some time repeat setv (for example) were available 2 or 3 same consulate. PP Cambodia perhaps an exception where about one seemed max. Now many follow. Seems to be all about history now. 

Ed visa maybe down to one. If I was under 50 I would eat up an elite.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

They are probably just tired of us.

And because the baht is so strong people complain it's expensive now but for the average Thai involved in the tourist trade things haven't changed much on prices so we appear to do nothing but complain about prices. 

A lot of other reasons as well I won't go into.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Sorry, I have no idea. Wait! I remember now, we are all terrorists. That's it - we're terrorists. I knew it would come to me. ????

Right. But we only become terrorists after spending significant law abiding, trouble free time in Thailand. People arriving for the first time, of which the authorities know nothing, cannot possibly be terrorists or criminals.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

Can't one switch to ED at least for a year? (in case marriage is not an option)

If past history indicates ongoing stay in los, which most likely involve tourist visas then good chance ed visa reject. Also again another post of how to scam ways to remain in los.