Is Pattaya now set for the era of the Indians?

rooster59

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, smedly said:

Anyone notice that it is only large groups of Indian men that travel to Thailand - just why is that ?

Because their own women hate them and pattaya women like them even less, they will soon get the message, they mostly hang around massage parlors looking for cheap relief

I trawled Soi massage Honey just after breakfast last month and there was only the usual white wrinklies getting rid of their dirty water with not an Indian in sight.

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well maybe the Indians are advancing in Pattaya but all signs are that Jomtien is turning Chinese.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Pratamnak hill should be the frontline beetwen both, with few russians ready to do Fort Alamo inside ????

6 hours ago, captpkapoor said:

What a load of rubbish! Get over your stupid colonial hangover and smell the coffee. 

Surely people are allowed to observe and comment on the typical traits of different tourist groups. 

Groups of Indian men in the main tourist areas do tend to share drinks (and other things). We know it, and the Thais know it. Hence people on here suggesting they won't spend much money, and therefore won't help local business owners much. 

As a kid I remember the Germans had a rep for taking all the sunbeds around the hotel pools, because they got out of bed earlier and reserved them with towels. 

Brits / Aussies are known for too much drinking and fighting when abroad. 

Americans are known for being loud and brash. 

I really don't see what the colonial past has to do with the banter I see on here. 

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Surely people are allowed to observe and comment on the typical traits of different tourist groups. 

Groups of Indian men in the main tourist areas do tend to share drinks (and other things). We know it, and the Thais know it. Hence people on here suggesting they won't spend much money, and therefore won't help local business owners much. 

As a kid I remember the Germans had a rep for taking all the sunbeds around the hotel pools, because they got out of bed earlier and reserved them with towels. 

Brits / Aussies are known for too much drinking and fighting when abroad. 

Americans are known for being loud and brash. 

I really don't see what the colonial past has to do with the banter I see on here. 

Its ok to poke fun at whitey but its not politically correct to poke fun at other races......

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I trawled Soi massage Honey just after breakfast last month and there was only the usual white wrinklies getting rid of their dirty water with not an Indian in sight.

too expensive and mainstream for them, further out where the girls are not so pretty and over weight - I've paid more for a beer than these older fat ladies are asking for a bop, it is what it is

15 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I actually think this is one of the bigger TG lies.

Many girls are going with Indian men.  Many many more then I have seen before.  Mostly younger Indian males.

They do hang around MP's I agree walking around long enough they usually find a place that will take them in.

Agreed, lies like how they don't like Thai men yet keep one at home! They are quite content to indulge with them, be it Beach Road, the MPs or the GGBs, I see it happening. Their money may have passed through more hands, but it is still money. 

20 hours ago, Emdog said:

I wonder why would Indians come to Thailand. They have plenty of beaches, it's warm and I hear they also have Indian food.

Because it isn't India.  Because when people travel they often want to go somewhere new, somewhere different, somewhere they haven't been before to experience a different country, a different people, a different culture, a different experience.  

29 minutes ago, newnative said:

Because it isn't India.  Because when people travel they often want to go somewhere new, somewhere different, somewhere they haven't been before to experience a different country, a different people, a different culture, a different experience.  

somewhere ,where its not the armpit of the world .I had to go to Pakistan once .never again.

I don't think it's being mean to point out some Indian men smell as putrid as the worst garbage dump on earth.   And I am sure the Thai girl's on Beach Rd are happy to take anyone's money.  I am not being mean about it,  it's the truth.  BTW when in business years ago I had a lot of Indian customers and I  enjoyed having then as a large group in my list of clientele.  Always paid their accounts and gave me lots of referrals.....

On 10/6/2019 at 11:19 AM, maxpower said:

Img-0342.jpg.fe1d992d0ef061c29dfd55ecd51a09a4.jpg

What I like about the Indians is they really take the "sharing economy" to a whole other level. Europeans could learn a thing or 2 from the Indians.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:22 PM, Centra said:

They go crazy, scream out to Black skin men so don't think your statement is quite right.

Well, I came across a different attitude towards non-whites. There is a relevant saying in Thai language. You carry a pistol with two rounds and you cross an Indian and a snake. What do you do? Correct answer (according to this proverb, not my personal opinion) is "shoot the Indian twice". Go figure about the popularity. 

They dont like them, even if they've been living here in 3rd and 4th generation, sitting on Thai citizenship and fluent in the language. Indians (specially the Sikhs) are smart, traders, speak languages and usually honour deals. I had excellent experiences with them, a handshake (can and mostly) is a handshake - once you've concluded a deal. 

Let the Chinese and Indians have their fun.   Canucks will eventually take over, and own the place.  ...and by Canucks, I mean all the Chinese and Indians that have taken over Canada.  ????

On 10/6/2019 at 2:47 PM, xxeo said:

Open your eyes: Indian people do not really visit Thailand, the Land of Smiles. They do not come to Chiang Mai or travelling the contry for culture. These people come to Pattaya. All they seem to want is to use the services Pattaya is well known for. They lodge around VC hotel, a doubtful area, go to the bars, share everything: One coke, one lady. Many hot nights with women so very different from the ones back home. Bargain hunting in the red light area seems to be one of their major activities.

These people go all over world. I have visited many counties seen them everywhere.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, smedly said:

how uninformed you are

I have not spoken to one Thai lady that likes Indian men and for many reasons that I don't need to mention

how uninformed you are

They love money regardless of nationality. Stop paying their bills for a month and you will realize.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:11 PM, NanLaew said:

Go afternoon or later and you will find the body massage place about half-way down almost exclusively caters for the Indian crowd now. Groups of them loitering around. No they don't hang out in the dumpy bars along Soi Honey, but the massage place, that's different.

2 hours ago, Boris johnson said:

I walk 10 miles a day around pattaya .i never see indians in bars  or restarunts .i see them in groups 0f 3 to 10 haggling with ladys of the night for group sex.

Second Road restaurants opposite Central Festival.

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Go afternoon or later and you will find the body massage place about half-way down almost exclusively caters for the Indian crowd now. Groups of them loitering around. No they don't hang out in the dumpy bars along Soi Honey, but the massage place, that's different.

Correct. 

Honey Massage on Soi Honey attracts a lot of Indians.  When you see the car park full of baht buses, they are waiting for their Indian customers inside Honey Massage.   

40 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Correct. 

Honey Massage on Soi Honey attracts a lot of Indians.  When you see the car park full of baht buses, they are waiting for their Indian customers inside Honey Massage.   

Perhaps a Soi name change is warranted?

Screenshot_2019-10-08-14-08-28.png

On 10/6/2019 at 12:36 PM, smedly said:

Anyone notice that it is only large groups of Indian men that travel to Thailand - just why is that ?

Because their own women hate them and pattaya women like them even less, they will soon get the message, they mostly hang around massage parlors looking for cheap relief

"Because their own women hate them" 

Yeah statement seems true. World can see why there is high divorce rare in western countries.

And these lads pay huge compensation to their partner and flee to Thailand/Vietnam/Philippines to pursue cheap lifestyles here.

14 minutes ago, akda said:

Yeah statement seems true. World can see why there is high divorce rare in western countries.

no divorce in India they just abuse women worse than animal, rape and if they so much as look at another man they just murder them - real men right

40 minutes ago, smedly said:

no divorce in India they just abuse women worse than animal, rape and if they so much as look at another man they just murder them - real men right

Mass shooting in theater, streets, public places and school - real men right

Its ironic how big bwana have stopped coming here and thousands of expats flee because they don't have enough $$$ to stay in a developing country yet they mock the Indians who are now arriving in droves

What a bizzare twist of fate for the white boys

44 minutes ago, madmen said:

Its ironic how big bwana have stopped coming here and thousands of expats flee because they don't have enough $$$ to stay in a developing country yet they mock the Indians who are now arriving in droves

A worst twist of fate for the working girls.

Hard to imagine the Hindoo "ringing the bell".

And the only "------some" they are likely to propose is them and their friend(s) on one girl.........half price.

The girls in the "establishments" are doubtless being pressured/compelled into accepting seriously lower fees by the owners.

And having witnessed the barely disguised horror/revulsion/fear on the faces of working girls when surrounded, literally surrounded, by a mob of curry-reeking honour killers on Beach Road I feel nothing but pity for them.

The "trade" in Pattaya might have previously offered a way out for the poor Isaan woman.

It looks more like "out of the frying pan, into the fire" now.

PS. This is not a racist rant, it's "societo-culturalist".

7 hours ago, HLover said:

Perhaps a Soi name change is warranted?

Not really. Its just the body massage place on Soi Honey which is Indian focused. The rest of the street is standard mostly low-rent massage places and drinking and eating locales and hotels which do not appear to be Indian occupied, but one or two hotels might be.

57 minutes ago, madmen said:

My prediction is when plastic straws get banned next year the Indians will quit coming...

Archived