Is Pattaya now set for the era of the Indians?

rooster59

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

In Thailand?

Sorry to broke your dreams but we are very very far from this stade here

more precisely some light years away

"When someone thinks these people respect any nationality." Money laughs in the corner. 

8 minutes ago, akda said:

"When someone thinks these people respect any nationality." Money laughs in the corner. 

You are right

respect is not the right term

but even in the way to considerate the customers

some are at the bottom and the others at the top of the scale

and it's pretty easy to see and to know who is where in Thailand

13 hours ago, akda said:

Mass shooting in theater, streets, public places and school - real men right

mostly terrorist incidents or nut jobs - not much difference really - real men right ?

AlQaeda  ISIS extremists all nut jobs - real men right ?

keyboard warriors 

14 hours ago, madmen said:

Its ironic how big bwana have stopped coming here and thousands of expats flee because they don't have enough $$$ to stay in a developing country yet they mock the Indians who are now arriving in droves

What a bizzare twist of fate for the white boys

You paint a picture of them being big spenders.  They holiday like backpackers.  ????

14 hours ago, Enoon said:

A worst twist of fate for the working girls.

Hard to imagine the Hindoo "ringing the bell".

And the only "------some" they are likely to propose is them and their friend(s) on one girl.........half price.

The girls in the "establishments" are doubtless being pressured/compelled into accepting seriously lower fees by the owners.

And having witnessed the barely disguised horror/revulsion/fear on the faces of working girls when surrounded, literally surrounded, by a mob of curry-reeking honour killers on Beach Road I feel nothing but pity for them.

The "trade" in Pattaya might have previously offered a way out for the poor Isaan woman.

It looks more like "out of the frying pan, into the fire" now.

PS. This is not a racist rant, it's "societo-culturalist".

Good post.

It extends way past just the working girls dealing with the Indians.

The Chinese beat down restaurants, bars, and activities, to their absolute lowest prices, or they take their tour group elsewhere. 

As I have said, Pattaya is currently in a race to the bottom.

22 minutes ago, madmen said:

Go to Google

Type in "are Indian tourist big spenders"

Educate yourself. ☺

Is Google on the ground in Pattaya?

Are you even in Pattaya?

I know what I see, and I know why I am seeing it, or more to the point, why I am not seeing it.

Pattaya is too cheap and nasty for the seriously wealthy Indians, and too expensive for the package holiday Indians for them to spend freely. 

Similarly, Pattaya / Thailand has now positioned itself in a strange place, where this also applies to many westerners.  Add to that visa changes, and even the snowbirds are detouring Pattaya / Thailand.  

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Are you even in Pattaya?

I know what I see, and I know why I am seeing it, or more to the point, why I am not seeing it.

Pattaya is too cheap and nasty for the seriously wealthy Indians, and too expensive for the package holiday Indians for them to spend freely. 

Similarly, Pattaya / Thailand has now positioned itself in a strange place, where this also applies to westerners. 

Your kidding? I just got back from Pattaya and plenty of them .Back in my condo lower sukhumvit and my soi has hotels  and Indians causing traffic chaos insisting on walking in the middle of the soi , plenty here to

like I said go to Google and every link will confirm the new generation are big spenders!! none of them say "except in pattaya" lol

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

Your kidding? I just got back from Pattaya and plenty of them .Back in my condo lower sukhumvit and my soi has hotels  and Indians causing traffic chaos insisting on walking in the middle of the soi , plenty here to

like I said go to Google and every link will confirm the new generation are big spenders!! none of them say "except in pattaya" lol

So, you are saying, some wealthy Indians chose to holiday on the French Riviera, whilst others chose to holiday in Pattaya, but they are approximately the same net worth individuals.  ????

Give me break.

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Are you even in Pattaya?

Similarly, Pattaya / Thailand has now positioned itself in a strange place, where this also applies to westerners. 

Agreed Pattaya attracts cheap charlie Westerners and cheap charle Indians same goes for the Chinese and Russians...

We are just one big cheap charle family in Pattaya....

The Chinese are on the zero dollar tours so their cheapness is not so visible....

The Russians dont come much any more..

The Indians cheapness on the other hand is very visible....Example... Bartering like heck to save 5 baht on some bananas...lol...I have seen this one.....Or trying to get a discount a 10 baht baht bus ride...I saw this too......need I go on.......

Sure their are plenty of cheap westerners but the Indians take the cake for cheapness...

20 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Agreed Pattaya attracts cheap charlie Westerners

Not true. Just because pattaya is cheap doesn't mean the tourists are. Every one of my friends all have good paying jobs / businesses with plenty of disposable income and come here for the girls . 

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

Agreed Pattaya attracts cheap charlie Westerners and cheap charle Indians same goes for the Chinese and Russians...

We are just one big cheap charle family in Pattaya....

The Chinese are on the zero dollar tours so their cheapness is not so visible....

The Russians dont come much any more..

The Indians cheapness on the other hand is very visible....Example... Bartering like heck to save 5 baht on some bananas...lol...I have seen this one.....Or trying to get a discount a 10 baht baht bus ride...I saw this too......need I go on.......

Sure their are plenty of cheap westerners but the Indians take the cake for cheapness...

And I saw westerns begging on streets of Laos/Cambodia/Thailand/Philippines.

Even cheapness felt ashamed when they were begging with kids.

2 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Well I guess all the Thai women need to fatten up if the Indians are invading Pattaya.....Goodbye 40 Kilo girls hello 70 Kilo girls...

Unfortunately it's already on the way

more kilos and more years also

Actualy less 20' and more 40 yo, it seems the indians prefer fat mature women

(Less expensive and more easy to share?)

10 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Unfortunately it's already on the way

more kilos and more years also

Actualy less 20' and more 40 yo, it seems the indians prefer fat mature women

(Less expensive and more easy to share?)

Typically Thai women are naturally lean.

If someone desire chubby and more kilos they should go to western countries. 

I read many news article that western people are suffering from overweight, specially women and children. 

57 minutes ago, akda said:

Typically Thai women are naturally lean.

If someone desire chubby and more kilos they should go to western countries. 

I read many news article that western people are suffering from overweight, specially women and children. 

Not anymore and especially after 40 they grow sideways at an alarming rate. They are short so it doesn't take much

On 10/6/2019 at 4:52 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Seems not enough for a photo opportunity.

Instead decorating the article with the typical Chinese crowd from the speedboat.

Let's hope the Indians do not care for boat trips :shock1:

If you want to see Indians go to "little Bombay" (as I call it), Soi 16 off Pattaya Klang (Central rd.). Amazing. Indian food from all regions e.g.

Indian, Desi, Arabic and Persian.

18 hours ago, madmen said:

Go to Google

Type in "are Indian tourist big spenders"

Educate yourself. ☺

Take a walk round Pattaya. Visit a few bars etc where there are such customers. I don't doubt there are big spending Indian tourists but they aren't the ones huddled around the breakfast buffet getting underfoot in Pattaya...they are the ones who would even try and haggle down a 100 baht foot massage and ask for free extras!

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Take a walk round Pattaya. Visit a few bars etc where there are such customers. I don't doubt there are big spending Indian tourists but they aren't the ones huddled around the breakfast buffet getting underfoot in Pattaya...they are the ones who would even try and haggle down a 100 baht foot massage and ask for free extras!

I remember going into a 7/11 or Family Mart in Central Pattaya about 6 weeks ago.  They had some bananas on the counter.  There was a sign on the bananas basically saying, "X baht is the final price." 

It appeared tourists were trying to haggle over the price of the bananas with staff.  ????

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, smedly said:

Anyone notice that it is only large groups of Indian men that travel to Thailand - just why is that ?

Because their own women hate them and pattaya women like them even less, they will soon get the message, they mostly hang around massage parlors looking for cheap relief

Smedly ....so if their own ( Indian  ) women hate them so much ......how come they ended up with a population of 1.2 billion  and growing ?

2 minutes ago, Jim1000 said:

Smedly ....so if their own ( Indian  ) women hate them so much ......how come they ended up with a population of 1.2 billion  and growing ?

'any port in a storm' is a phrase that comes to mind....

Archived