Is Pattaya now set for the era of the Indians?

rooster59

42 minutes ago, Jim1000 said:

Smedly ....so if their own ( Indian  ) women hate them so much ......how come they ended up with a population of 1.2 billion  and growing ?

do some research - forced - rape - abuse - children 

not a pretty picture

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2019 at 10:36 PM, smedly said:

Anyone notice that it is only large groups of Indian men that travel to Thailand - just why is that ?

Because their own women hate them and pattaya women like them even less, they will soon get the message, they mostly hang around massage parlors looking for cheap relief

I agree they are always in groups, and very rarely do you see and Indian women.  

However, I disagree with you about Pattaya women.  From what I have seen here over the last six months is Indian guys have no problems with Thai women.  Where I have stayed I see many Thai women with Indian men everyday. And walking around the streets as well.  What is different about the Indian guys is that they really seem to prefer multiple men with one Thai woman, and I saw the same in BKK...  It appears that many Thai women are up for the gang thing....

I agree with the massage parlor hang arounds.

2 hours ago, JMSIII said:

I agree with the massage parlor hang arounds.

yes fat Thai ladies hanging around hotels - That is what I see, same beach road, just came home tonight and the fat groupies are hangin - just what I see, I can't describe it any other way, and if those fat ladies are getting a turn then up to them - I have no issue with that

Seen yesterday afternoon at KFC (Big C Pattaya klang)

a group of 7 indian men, buy 1 menu at 49 bahts to share beetwen 7 guys 

then the 7 men stay more 1 hour going to the drinks fountain selfservice (Coca, ice tea and others available)

and use and abuse it (For probably some hundreds bahts valor) in multiple rotations.

Good luck for Pattaya with such quality tourists.

The bars in Pattaya need as many Indians as possible to visit so they can sell more drinks. 7 Indians for 1 shared drink is 100 baht.
So only 700 Indians are needed to sell 100 drinks.   

beautiful-darkhaired-girl-young-man-260n

12 hours ago, balo said:

The bars in Pattaya need as many Indians as possible to visit so they can sell more drinks. 7 Indians for 1 shared drink is 100 baht

I don't think they are being checked to see if they have 20,000 baht in cash on them on arrival to Bangkok or they would be sending 50% of them back..... perhaps seven would huddle to produce the money!

16 hours ago, balo said:

The bars in Pattaya need as many Indians as possible to visit so they can sell more drinks. 7 Indians for 1 shared drink is 100 baht.
So only 700 Indians are needed to sell 100 drinks.   

beautiful-darkhaired-girl-young-man-260n

I see the humor in your post, but that is exactly what the mass package holiday market model is. 

More tourists needed to generate the same revenue as the previous tourist market, which were westerners.  They are now realizing they will need even more numbers than what they expected in order to get anywhere near previous revenue figures. 

Problem is, the infrastructure here struggles with it, as does the environment.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:51 AM, jacko45k said:

I don't think they are being checked to see if they have 20,000 baht in cash on them on arrival to Bangkok or they would be sending 50% of them back..... perhaps seven would huddle to produce the money!

Makes you wonder how the Indian tailor and restaurant touts manage to stay here, when westerners are denied entry. 

I flew Bangkok-Kolkota and back a couple of weeks ago. Out with Spicejet: about 30 passengers, back with Air India: about 40. Both flights at convenient times. If you are waiting for an Indian invasion to make your fortune, don't quit your day job quite yet.

9 hours ago, neitmoj said:

I flew Bangkok-Kolkota and back a couple of weeks ago. Out with Spicejet: about 30 passengers, back with Air India: about 40. Both flights at convenient times. If you are waiting for an Indian invasion to make your fortune, don't quit your day job quite yet.

Never heard of Spicejet, but a lot of Indians seem to have found Thai Airways and coachloads are arriving at Pattaya hotels. Not sure if anyone can make a fortune except big fat Nong on Beach Rd. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Never heard of Spicejet, but a lot of Indians seem to have found Thai Airways and coachloads are arriving at Pattaya hotels. Not sure if anyone can make a fortune except big fat Nong on Beach Rd. 

Spicejet is an Indian budget airline. 

https://www.spicejet.com/

I just looked for a flight scenario.  18/12/19 Mumbai to Bangkok.  Plenty of availability at $147.50USD for a direct flight.  That's mid December, well an truly into high season.   

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

Spicejet is an Indian budget airline. 

https://www.spicejet.com/

I just looked for a flight scenario.  18/12/19 Mumbai to Bangkok.  Plenty of availability at $147.50USD for a direct flight.  That's mid December, well an truly into high season.   

Wow, cheap as chips.

You think they got the required 20,000 baht too?

36 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Wow, cheap as chips.

You think they got the required 20,000 baht too?

That was one way. 

It's around $280USD for a return flight, mid January.  Once again, in high season, and plenty of availability.  This is from Mumbai.  Probably cheaper from other cities.  $280USD is around 8.300 baht.  This is for the independent Indian travelers, who may arrive with 20,000 baht, or access to 20,000 baht, who are here to indulge in the sex trade.

I doubt the mass package holiday Indian tourists arrive with 20,000 baht, and many may not even have instant access to 20,000 baht.  Just about everything for their holiday is pre-paid back in India, so they need very little money when here, and perhaps this is why we see very few of them spending.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, kingofthemountain said:

Also make you wonder how they manage to stay open for years even if they don't have customers.

Think about the situation here....

There are loads and loads of Indian restaurants with virtually no customers EVER day or night......And like you say they have been open for years....

Money laundering some may say.....Ok fair enough for a few of them...

But the shear numbers of coustomer-less Indian restaurants in Pattaya is staggering....

The rent the water the electric, food stock,employee cost etc is sure not bloody free......

Some one some where is shelling out loads of money to keep these money pits open year after year.....Logicly their is no other possible  explanation..

The only real question is who is shelling out the cash and why? Could they be preparing for a massive humongous invasion of Indian tourist some day?

Between Beach Road and Soi Bukow on Central Road there are between 15 and 20 Indian Restaurants...

Has any one walked this stretch of road? Its not that long.....

So how is it even remotely possible that all these Indian restaurants can be supported.......The answer is most are not supported by customers(a few ok).....I go this way when I walk to the beach.......

And what do I see?......Empty Empty Empty day in day out month in month out year in year out........And yet there they are......

I went to Pattaya for the first time in a year this week taking some Thailand virgins there for a few days from UK...

I think they thought my stories of sharing Indians were a bit racist until they witnessed with their own ears 4 of them negotiating a 4 in 1 deal (they were aiming for 400 baht!!) with an old girl on beach road!!

Everytime I go to Pattaya I like it less and less to be honest. It’s a depressing dump of a place these days with hardly any Europeans under 60 (excluding Russian couples). The Intercon hotel on the hill is about the only thing worth making a trip there for!

On the upside got a fun freebie from a cute little waitress who scribbled me her line ID on a little note ????

2 hours ago, mostcurious said:

I thought foreigners were not allowed to own anything in LOS. Does this not apply to the Indians and the Chinese? 

It applies to anyone who is not American, unless they have a Thai partner owning a majority.  It's not really important.  I'm American, but not dumb enough to invest anything into this sinkhole.  <deleted> country to invest in anything.  Who cares?

19 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Between Beach Road and Soi Bukow on Central Road there are between 15 and 20 Indian Restaurants...

Has any one walked this stretch of road? Its not that long.....

So how is it even remotely possible that all these Indian restaurants can be supported.......The answer is most are not supported by customers(a few ok).....I go this way when I walk to the beach.......

And what do I see?......Empty Empty Empty day in day out month in month out year in year out........And yet there they are......

These restaurants are just a front for the Indian call center operating out the back.  ????

Hi spend last night at walking street for fist time in a long time ..nearly all Indian and Chinese people there ...big problem with arrogant Indian men blocking the road just standing there dressed as bouncers not 1 or 2 but about 10 ..how come they can get work permits to act as bouncers when many Thai men could do the job more politely??? felt out of place very few falang there ...

1 hour ago, jeff_north said:

Hi spend last night at walking street for fist time in a long time ..nearly all Indian and Chinese people there ...big problem with arrogant Indian men blocking the road just standing there dressed as bouncers not 1 or 2 but about 10 ..how come they can get work permits to act as bouncers when many Thai men could do the job more politely??? felt out of place very few falang there ...

This is a good question....I think all farang run restaurants and bars are required to hire a certain number of Thais.....I dont think I have ever seen one Thai working at a Indian restaurant ever.....So make of this as you will....

Sorry I forgot......I did see some Thai women working at the Indian restaurant The Beer Hub across from Chunky Monkey but this is the only Indian restaurant I have seen Thais working in...

16 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Sorry I forgot......I did see some Thai women working at the Indian restaurant The Beer Hub across from Chunky Monkey but this is the only Indian restaurant I have seen Thais working in...

May be owned by Indians and has an Indian chef, but primarily European and Thai food on the menu. Do a decent British style curry (chicken tikka masala et al) but pricey and small portions. Decent pint of draught Stella though.

8 hours ago, jeff_north said:

I visited Walking St. Just yesterday and it is quite obvious how the demographics have changed. The majority of tourists are indians (some in small groups), Chinese (in very large groups, middle Eastern people and finally Russians. I found it difficult to see any westerners about. 

Russians gogo bars that employ Russian ladies have been on walking street for a number of years now. So I guess it is no surprise to see numerous Indian owned entertainment businesses  that employ indian folk getting in on the act. 

11 hours ago, mostcurious said:

So I guess it is no surprise to see numerous Indian owned entertainment businesses  that employ indian folk getting in on the act. 

So will we get that Bollywoood style caterwauling now.... a step up from rap!

Archived