Chronic kidney disease - insurance/ treatment

nomad2019

Hi

I was in hospital recently in Uk with Kidney infection urinary tract. 

They also kept me in because my renal function test was 21%.

I informed my insurance company 

Nationwide flex about this infection but i did not inform them the renal function was 21%.

Now ive came to thailand to have a break. I am getting severe Gout because of my kidneys (its related). 

I went to pattaya city hospital yesterday and got renal test it came back 39%.  So the kidneys have only improved a little since 2 week ago

What type of treatment is available for this in thailand. 

Is there another treatment i can have for gout besides taking NSAIDS anti inflamation drugs which in my view done this damage to my kudbeys in first place. 

I bought alopurinol 300mg yesterday. Can i start to take these to lower uric acid or would they be harmfull. 

In my position what is best choice... I cannot go home yet... My flight back to Uk is on 17 october

Thankyou

Sorry to hear of your medical issues. I have to wonder why your asking for medical advice on this site. You said you saw a doctor here, so what advice did the dr give you? Suggest you get answers to your questions from a dr, then get home quickly.

What exactly is the test you are quoting redults of in percentage? The GFR? It is not unusual for Thai labs to calculate that incorrectly. Age ans body size need to be taken into account.

What was your serum creatnine?

Do NOT take NSAIDs or tylenol until/unless told by a nephrologist it is safe to do so.

You need to see a nephrologist for proper assessment of your renal function.

As for your insurance I am not clear, did you already have policy in effect before this issue arose?

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just wondering will alopurinol 300mg start lowering my uric levels now?
I am posting in the hope there is somone in a similar position who can advise.
My dictor in uk is useless he was giviving me ibrophen and colchocine even when he knew i had CKD
Saying that i did take 1 tablet each day these last 2 days because my feet are so badly swole up and i need crawl around on my knees.
Now i got crutches from pharmacy on 2nd road for 1400 baht

P.S. allopurinol is usually safe in kidney disease.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sent from my EML-L09 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived