Bone thinning?

Chazar

Wife s  just been for some  medical check and they found this in her forearm, can anyone enlighten me a  bit  more?

Looks  like the bone is  terribly thin and eaten away in one place? Any remedy? some supplement or surgery.

Yes  we  will now  see a doctor about it  but before that anyone here have a clue, shes 43 non menopausal 47kilo

Maybe Sheryl? Thanks

arm bone.jpg

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What did the doctor say?

It was a  free  health check on offer, I wasnt there and I dont know as she has only told me today by  email, ie sent me the photo. Ill  know more  later but  knowing Thais she maybe didnt ask anything at all,  looking at it  I certainly  wouldnt want to  fall  over on it.

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

This is a FREE bone density test offerred. The remedy/recommendation is often a course of calcium supplements.

Been through exactly the same recently.

Yes  Im guessing that  will be the end result, thanks, her Sister has  similar although is  about 15 years  older as shes only 43  now. The  free  test was  done along with some blood  tests and other  stuff.

When you say been thru the same............for you or your Wife? and at what ages?

The arm is not normal location for a bone density test. The hip spine and femur are the areas of main concern.

She should get a proper DEXA bone density scan. If it confirms osteoporedis she should also get blood test for Vitamin D levels. Many Thais are deficient.

Where was this test done/ by whom?

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

32 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The arm is not normal location for a bone density test. The hip spine and femur are the areas of main concern.

She should get a proper DEXA bone density scan. If it confirms osteoporedis she should also get blood test for Vitamin D levels. Many Thais are deficient.

Where was this test done/ by whom?

It was some  free  test at "The base  condo" in Bangkok, I  guess its  some mobile  unit that goes  around, shes  now at a  hospital having the necessary scans  done there to check spine, hips etc as you mentioned cost 1800 baht although Bangkok Hospital wanted 6000 for the same scans and BNH 11000. She had a  blood  test done today whilst at the "free  test" place so I guess  they will be checking that as they know  she has some bone loss in that wrist.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

The Thais go to great lengths to stay out of the sun.

Especially Thai women. The white skin obsession.

Actually given how hot the sun is here I find I get less sun than I do back in farangland.

Heres  the result of the scans  below done this evening, doc  recommends  attached calcium plus.  He  wasnt too concerned.

20191006_191835.jpg

20191006_191847.jpg

caltrate_plus.jpg

Archived