BANGKOK
Orton Rd

2.5m hour wait for bags

They have the immigration lines sorted out but yesterday had to wait for two and a half hours for bags to appear on belt 20. As you can imagine people were not impressed or with the excuses of the 'rain' and belt stuck. Then they started loading bags on flight after us. One or two brits did the wrong thing of shouting at staff and even sitting on the belt going round in protest, glad to eventually get away but others were still there when I left. The time is not an exaggeration.

Posted (edited)

Yes, I, too, have never had to wait all that long for my luggage at BKK.

Contrast this with LHR and CDG airports, where being expected to hang around at baggage carousels for ages on end is the rule rather than the exception in my experience.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 2

That is very unusual at BKK, there must have been a very good reason for the delay.

Baggage handling is something that is normally done very well.

Not in my experience, always 20-30 minutes waiting for bags.

This is based on arriving once a twice per month since the airport opened so a good spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/6/2019 at 2:01 PM, Orton Rd said:

One or two brits did the wrong thing of shouting at staff and even sitting on the belt going round in protest,

Probably thought they were in Hong Kong, no?

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2019 at 8:40 AM, The Fat Controller said:

there must have been a very good reason for the delay.

OP mentioned rain. :blink:

Sitting on the baggage carousal yelling lol, smart move which maybe caused the delay, I know I would have held up those folks if I had control of the situation. Typical drunken behavior, what surprises me is that they still allow alcohol to be consumed on flights..  

On 10/10/2019 at 4:45 PM, JaiLai said:

Not in my experience, always 20-30 minutes waiting for bags.

This is based on arriving once a twice per month since the airport opened so a good spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Normal time is meant to be 20 minutes, I think 2.5 hours deserved a protest, drunken or not and especially when they started to load flights arriving after ours. Not helped by the lack of info and lies- another 20 minutes etc when nothing had started an hour later, people are bound to get annoyed.

Edited by Orton Rd

52 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

OP mentioned rain. :blink:

Rain in the rainy season what a shocker!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Rain in the rainy season what a shocker!

The "shocker" is that electricity doesn't work when it's raining. Actually it's not a shocker, more like the norm.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Normal time is meant to be 20 minutes, I think 2.5 hours deserved a protest, drunken or not and especially when they started to load flights arriving after ours. Not helped by the lack of info and lies- another 20 minutes etc when nothing had started an hour later, people are bound to get annoyed.

I mean 20 minutes from arriving at bag carasoul, not getting off the plane.

when getting off the plane the Eva air staff quoted 20 mins, without being asked and they had a sign stating the same with belt number

I was on this flight, not the person sitting on the carousel. The airport personnel should've informed all the waiting travellers the situation. Maybe even provided us with complimentary bottles of water. 

My question is how can it take so long to transfer luggage from a plane to the carousel ? Had the luggage cart broken down ? Had the conveyor belt packed up ?