Phase 1 of Beach Road construction 15-20% complete

Rimmer

45 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

the new beach is about the only half way successful project I can even think of... 

Well don't forget the tunnel/underpass..yes it took forever,loads of business along the route went bust/closed during the long process and the  actual roadway isn't very flat...but it at least doesn't flood ????

3 minutes ago, johng said:
11 hours ago, jacko45k said:
The tunnel, completed on time too. 

It maybe completed (but I seem to remember it didn't) it certainly opened later than schedule.

Opened on a schedule that was changed at least three times IIRC. And it had how many "soft launches"?

Opened on a schedule that was changed at least three times IIRC. And it had how many "soft launches"?
I remember there was a delay for extra large drain pipes...a delay with the lights and extraction fans + company to maintain/run them and a delay to the pedestrian bridge across the road above..but since it finally opened everything seems to be working fine [emoji106]

On 10/6/2019 at 3:34 AM, Mavideol said:

and how long have they been working on it ? luckily rainy season is (should be) almost finish

Back in the 70s in Providence Rhode Island, they elected a mayor Buddy Cianci.  Later re-elected him even though he was a convicted felon.  Anyway, one of his first projects was to lay cobble stone bricks all over the darn place.  I would say a stretch of road equivalent to Beach Road, plus side streets and the intermediate "walking mall" kind of street.  Just a huge put people to work, help the labor unions, etc. thing.  Those kind of pavers do not hold up well in wet and freezing frost freeze type of weather that Rhode Island has, not to mention snow plow digging things up, etc. 

11 hours ago, DrTuner said:

For Thailand it was pretty good. I remember the chaos when it started with an estimated 3 years. It was pretty much on that schedule. Compare that to the usual fiascoes we get, like the drainage project on the Buakhao/R-Con corner. One step forward, 2 steps back, forever going back and rebuilding. Actually that is another project that got done. 

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

For Thailand it was pretty good. I remember the chaos when it started with an estimated 3 years. It was pretty much on that schedule. Compare that to the usual fiascoes we get, like the drainage project on the Buakhao/R-Con corner. One step forward, 2 steps back, forever going back and rebuilding. Actually that is another project that got done. 

Well, yeah, if you want to use Thai standards it was a blinding success. 

10 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Well, yeah, if you want to use Thai standards it was a blinding success. 

Well the objective was to have a tunnel and lo and behold, we got a tunnel. By local standards that is a raging success, that I wish could be applied to, say, the Beach!

5 hours ago, essox essox said:

it was not completed on time...they kept changing the dates of when it would be completed....so eventually the last date they issued meant it was completed BY THAT DATE!!

There was an estimated schedule of 3 years and it met that. I was following progress and posting pics on another Forum.

2 hours ago, johng said:

According to this the schedule was 810 days  finish 1st February 2017

12795542_1698726617065469_8516270601902052046_n.jpg.7c47b20abcc7076d6959d92f6a81403d.jpg

And according to this

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-tunnel-finally-opens-184879

it opened on August 25th 2017 (six months late)

If I recall correctly the tunnel was opened late due to administrative issues, red tape transferring it to Pattaya administration. Not construction delays. Damn sight better than the Wembley Stadium punctuality.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:29 AM, jacko45k said:

Did it improve the flooding situation? Don't look like.... 1 hr. downpour today and Soi Bouakao the usual flooded mess. They will never get this under control.. MS>

11 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

Did it improve the flooding situation? Don't look like.... 1 hr. downpour today and Soi Bouakao the usual flooded mess. They will never get this under control.. MS>

Not from what I saw today, knee deep top of Chaiyaphum, Buakhao end.

Archived