BANGKOK
glegolo

Driving motorbike for youngsters in Thailand

I have just bought a motorbike a Yamaha GT 125 cc.. Our girl home here will have her driver license tomorrow monday if all goes well. Just the driving test left which should be no problem in this case.

Now my question that is very important to me.... She is having her 17th birthday now 31st october.. Is she allowed to drive a 125cc?? Or must she stick to our 110 cc Honda Click??

I am very gratefull for your answers.... If you can provide the agelimits for the different CC that would be great..

Thank you guys for your as usual very nice help....

glegolo

MOVED to motorcycle forum.

If your that worry let your daughter ride it when it's 31st of the month.

Depends on the road dangers of where you live and how you have taught where they can go and where they cannot from an early age.

Where I live my son& daughter were riding at about 10 year old. 

• Like 1

Yes these small children that we have to compete with in the traffic here together with the uneducated driverless thai adults. Yes like somebody said before,, It is dangerous here in Thailand...

glegolo

• Haha 1

Thanks for your answer in this thread

glegolo

14 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I live since 11 years in and in near a thai village in Chaiyaphum in the deep of Isaan. And everybode with somewhat a brain understand that when children is competing in the traffic with us adults than it is not good at all...

I personally do not understand at all how an educated westerner raised among normal people can defend these driverless and underaged trafficers, it is just crazy.... And so extremely dangerous...

glegolo

People like you just don't get it IMO do you, I don't care where you live or lived, many people think motorbikes are dangerous so is crossing a busy main road the sooner you learn about anything you want to do the better, same with many things swimming is another, rip tides at sea are dangerous too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, glegolo said:

You have already been answered two times, and STILL not get it??? How more clear shall it be explained to you????? Me personally I do not want your damn kids out in the traffic, is that clear enough?????

glegolo

Your a joke who said about my kids being out in traffic.

• Like 1

If they get killed 

can be reincarnated in a week to 10 days

so no biggie.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

My son is 13, 14 later this month.

He rides a 115cc KSR.

He also rides his sister's Scooby POS and his mother's Wave Rat bike.

He also has his own Yamaha ty250 2T trials bike.I am very proud of him.

Your point is what exactly?

010.jpg.93adfba5e7292f16ab85a808b74a0704.jpg

Edit, the bike above will pull 4th gear wheelies at a walking pace without touching the clutch.

It is a torque monster which can scare grown adults not used to this type of motorcycle.

He is quite proficient...

And that gives you the right to brake the law? My point is that there is an age on driving just because it is nessessary. Not for people to do like they want. End of that discussion.

• Like 1