Driving motorbike for youngsters in Thailand

glegolo

I have just bought a motorbike a Yamaha GT 125 cc.. Our girl home here will have her driver license tomorrow monday if all goes well. Just the driving test left which should be no problem in this case.

Now my question that is very important to me.... She is having her 17th birthday now 31st october.. Is she allowed to drive a 125cc?? Or must she stick to our 110 cc Honda Click??

I am very gratefull for your answers.... If you can provide the agelimits for the different CC that would be great..

Thank you guys for your as usual very nice help....

glegolo

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your that worry let your daughter ride it when it's 31st of the month.

Depends on the road dangers of where you live and how you have taught where they can go and where they cannot from an early age.

Where I live my son& daughter were riding at about 10 year old. 

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Where I live my son& daughter were riding at about 10 year old.

Wow, what a responsible father. You´re teaching your children all the wrong things, and then you brag about. Unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Wow, what a responsible father. You´re teaching your children all the wrong things, and then you brag about. Unbelievable.

You sound just like many pc westerners who know absolutely nothing about Thailand except maybe Pattaya and alike for starters.

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You sound just like many pc westerners who know absolutely nothing about Thailand except maybe Pattaya and alike for starters.

I live since 11 years in and in near a thai village in Chaiyaphum in the deep of Isaan. And everybode with somewhat a brain understand that when children is competing in the traffic with us adults than it is not good at all...

I personally do not understand at all how an educated westerner raised among normal people can defend these driverless and underaged trafficers, it is just crazy.... And so extremely dangerous...

glegolo

My son is 13, 14 later this month.

He rides a 115cc KSR.

He also rides his sister's Scooby POS and his mother's Wave Rat bike.

He also has his own Yamaha ty250 2T trials bike.I am very proud of him.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Your point is what exactly?

010.jpg.93adfba5e7292f16ab85a808b74a0704.jpg

Edit, the bike above will pull 4th gear wheelies at a walking pace without touching the clutch.

It is a torque monster which can scare grown adults not used to this type of motorcycle.

He is quite proficient...

You have already been answered two times, and STILL not get it??? How more clear shall it be explained to you????? Me personally I do not want your damn kids out in the traffic, is that clear enough?????

glegolo

14 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I live since 11 years in and in near a thai village in Chaiyaphum in the deep of Isaan. And everybode with somewhat a brain understand that when children is competing in the traffic with us adults than it is not good at all...

I personally do not understand at all how an educated westerner raised among normal people can defend these driverless and underaged trafficers, it is just crazy.... And so extremely dangerous...

glegolo

People like you just don't get it IMO do you, I don't care where you live or lived, many people think motorbikes are dangerous so is crossing a busy main road the sooner you learn about anything you want to do the better, same with many things swimming is another, rip tides at sea are dangerous too.

11 minutes ago, glegolo said:

You have already been answered two times, and STILL not get it??? How more clear shall it be explained to you????? Me personally I do not want your damn kids out in the traffic, is that clear enough?????

glegolo

Your a joke who said about my kids being out in traffic.

37 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

My son is 13, 14 later this month.

He rides a 115cc KSR.

He also rides his sister's Scooby POS and his mother's Wave Rat bike.

He also has his own Yamaha ty250 2T trials bike.I am very proud of him.

Your point is what exactly?

010.jpg.93adfba5e7292f16ab85a808b74a0704.jpg

Edit, the bike above will pull 4th gear wheelies at a walking pace without touching the clutch.

It is a torque monster which can scare grown adults not used to this type of motorcycle.

He is quite proficient...

And that gives you the right to brake the law? My point is that there is an age on driving just because it is nessessary. Not for people to do like they want. End of that discussion.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

No, I do not know anything about Thailand after over 23 years here. Never been living in Pattaya. Your starters is just a lot of bull, as is letting 10 year olds drive motorbikes.

I do know that Thais let their children drive, but I had some hope that you might be smarter. See, so wrong I was.

19 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

And that gives you the right to brake the law?

Brake spelled break.

But otherwise, yes.

Rules are either there to keep you in line, or are there to be broken.

It's one of the many reasons i love this country and live here.

And what law, if my 13 y/o son rides past a smiling policeman?

22 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Not for people to do like they want.

Wrong!

I have a tattoo on each wrist.

One states "what we have here is a total lack of respect for the law".

The other says "when we do right no one remembers. When we do wrong no one forgets".

Have a nice day.

2 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Brake spelled break.

But otherwise, yes.

Rules are either there to keep you in line, or are there to be broken.

It's one of the many reasons i love this country and live here.

And what law, if my 13 y/o son rides past a smiling policeman?

Wrong!

The other says "when we do right no one remembers. When we do wrong no one forgets".

Have a nice day.

Oh dear! I feel truly sorry for you.

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No, I do not know anything about Thailand after over 23 years here. Never been living in Pattaya. Your starters is just a lot of bull, as is letting 10 year olds drive motorbikes.

I do know that Thais let their children drive, but I had some hope that you might be smarter. See, so wrong I was.

I was riding my mini bike on the road age 10 0r 11, 90cc motorcycle age 12 on the road. I gave the step son my Raider 150 when he was around 15 or 16 to get to school.

There's nothing wrong with kids learning at an early age to ride if done correctly.

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Laws are for the Sheeple

While those that enforce said laws act like Storm Troopers

It is only Illegal if you get caught

What a tough guy you are. I wish I were like you. So, when did you become a member in Ted Bundy´s fan club?

14 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I was riding my mini bike on the road age 10 0r 11, 90cc motorcycle age 12 on the road. I gave the step son my Raider 150 when he was around 15 or 16 to get to school.

There's nothing wrong with kids learning at an early age to ride if done correctly.

But the law says different, right? You are only an irresponsible person that pass the tradition to the next generation.

Such a number of stupid parents there is out there!!! Yes if you keep your kids (babies) inside your own property, and NOT let these kids outside, and participate with the rest of us adults in the traffic, then I am all for it. Teach them how to drive....

But to read here, I am thinking, there must be some really big missing "upstairs". Are you too damn lazy to educate and raise your children,,,?? OR are you just plain ignorant and stupid????

I as an adult, HAVE THE RIGHT NOT to have these kids risking MY life out there in the traffic..

glegolo

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

You ride a motorcycle

You drive a car

Topic title - Driving a Motorbike - Bass Ackwards

Alright I am very sorry not to be able to perform better. I have a hard time to be REALLY fluent in writing and speaking, but I do my best, and so far, I can get by. I can order food and drinks in London and I can order a pizza in Ottawa. So sofar thank God it is working for me.

I promise you, I will do my best to remember what you urge me to remember; Ride a motorbike and drive a car and screw a lady......

Thanks

glegolo

Ps. I know that it does not interest you a bit, but in my swedish toung, we drive a motorbike,, so it was just an honest mistake made in haste...

3 minutes ago, NokNokJoke said:

Just make sure you have a dashcam. Drive or ride safely, and see what happens when you try to make deadbeat parents be financially responsible when the kid causes damage or injury. (Farang or Thai parents)

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes good points, maybe these idiots to parents then can stand up and take their responsibility, which they will NOT both falang as well as thai parents..

Exactly the same scenario as all these damn pittbull-owners; "No never!! Not my pitbull"!!!!!

glegolo

papa's 9-year-old buddy Gun races motocross.
He can wheelie, hit jumps, etc.
like ringing a bell.
Not too worried about him on the street on a Wave.

Papa’s buddy could still get squashed by 10 wheel truck yaba driver, motocross skills won’t help him much.

Papa should maybe worry but noi about ‘gun’.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Wrong!
Have a nice day.

I agree and a lot of people ( as they’ve got older ) seem to forget one of the main reasons we enjoy(ed) living here was the lack of rules being enforced.

I could not go back to my home country, my license would be gone in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived