Driving motorbike for youngsters in Thailand

glegolo

2 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Papa’s buddy could still get squashed by 10 wheel truck yaba driver, motocross skills won’t help him much.

Papa should maybe worry but noi about ‘gun’.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah you´re right, and on top of that "papa" should be worried, cause his little puppet may indirectly cause problems in traffic and indirectly take part in other adult peoples death. Maybe "papa" dont care a <deleted> about that.......???

glegolo

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not quite a 'black and white' issue... 

If you are from a family in which there is very little doubt that the kids will ride a motorcycle on the roads at some point, then its best to guide them and train them so they are safer.  Perhaps some of our TV members are not the 'real father' and thus have less say over their step-child but still care for them significantly to spend time with them and ensure their safety as best as they can... which ever, in guiding and educating their children they are likely to be safer than the majority of road users in Thailand. 

Alternatively, if you know your child will never ride a motorcycle on the roads, then keep them away from the things.

Equally so with cars - Once he's old enough my son will drive a car (never a motorcycle), he will have lessons and some fairly extensive guidance from both mother and I.  

Which is more dangerous to other road users? an untrained person on a motorcycle or an untrained person in a car?... they have to learn somewhere right? (training school, a car park etc but it still takes time). 

As a parent all we can do is educate and guide them early... 

And, if you are driving a car or riding a bike - get Dash-Cams, then if another does do something damaging or harmful to themselves / others etc you can't be blamed for it. 

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is not quite a 'black and white' issue... 

If you are from a family in which there is very little doubt that the kids will ride a motorcycle on the roads at some point, then its best to guide them and train them so they are safer.  Perhaps some of our TV members are not the 'real father' and thus have less say over their step-child but still care for them significantly to spend time with them and ensure their safety as best as they can... which ever, in guiding and educating their children they are likely to be safer than the majority of road users in Thailand. 

Alternatively, if you know your child will never ride a motorcycle on the roads, then keep them away from the things.

Equally so with cars - Once he's old enough my son will drive a car (never a motorcycle), he will have lessons and some fairly extensive guidance from both mother and I.  

Which is more dangerous to other road users? an untrained person on a motorcycle or an untrained person in a car?... they have to learn somewhere right? (training school, a car park etc but it still takes time). 

As a parent all we can do is educate and guide them early... 

And, if you are driving a car or riding a bike - get Dash-Cams, then if another does do something damaging or harmful to themselves / others etc you can't be blamed for it. 

You could also educate and train your child to ride a motorcycle AND let's him go on the

road only at the legal age

4 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

You could also educate and train your child to ride a motorcycle AND let's him go on the

road only at the legal age

No disagreement there...  The legal Age Limits are set for a reason and are globally fairly uniform. 

Training in the use of a machine [bike or car] on private land etc will always help. 

Guzzi mentioned his son riding a high-torque trials bike, the young lad probably has better bike control than many of us, however, he will still lack 'traffic' awareness, this is something which grows with experience and on road training - but were can we start?

38 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Yeah you´re right, and on top of that "papa" should be worried, cause his little puppet may indirectly cause problems in traffic and indirectly take part in other adult peoples death. Maybe "papa" dont care a <deleted> about that.......???

glegolo

"should

may

maybe"

Any more guess work on your part?

IMO you should just <deleted> with your nasty insinuations, and GFY.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:41 PM, Matzzon said:

And that gives you the right to brake the law? My point is that there is an age on driving just because it is nessessary. Not for people to do like they want. End of that discussion.

Well I guess you'll pop a blood vessel when I tell you that my granddaughter has been riding since she was six and her younger brother from since he was four. They both ride both two wheelers and four wheelers for fun and the young bloke also rides competitively.

There is NO age restrictions on driving off road. NO law is being broken. Unlike me when I was younger...5555

24 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

"should

may

maybe"

Any more guess work on your part?

IMO you should just <deleted> with your nasty insinuations, and GFY.

Mate, you are wasting your time trying to have a conversation with the Dudley Dorights on here. Although it can be quite amusing teasing the retards. I can imagine the gritted teeth, the vein in their forehead popping and the red face as they scream at their pc/phone. You MUST obey!!!!! Poor sods.

52 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Well I guess you'll pop a blood vessel when I tell you that my granddaughter has been riding since she was six and her younger brother from since he was four. They both ride both two wheelers and four wheelers for fun and the young bloke also rides competitively.

There is NO age restrictions on driving off road. NO law is being broken. Unlike me when I was younger...5555

I think you are deliberately missing the point....  The criticism was of 'underage' (illegal) riders on the roads where they mix with other vehicles and can potentially cause accidents, get hurt or hurt others due to their reduced maturity and understanding of the risks riding on the roads present (yes this can be debated for many adults here too, but that's not the point). 

Riding off road in a controlled environment places no innocent bystanders at risk - its quite fun.

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Since when became this thread something that was about driving off road. I am well aware of children driving off road with parents supervision and take part in different competitions. Has nothing to do with this thread.

I assume you are not up to understanding the difference of that based on your comment above. Really sad, that you have to go off topic to find a chance to save face.

27 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Since when became this thread something that was about driving off road. I am well aware of children driving off road with parents supervision and take part in different competitions. Has nothing to do with this thread.

I assume you are not up to understanding the difference of that based on your comment above. Really sad, that you have to go off topic to find a chance to save face.

Well put there Mattsson

glegolo

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Mate, you are wasting your time trying to have a conversation with the Dudley Dorights on here. Although it can be quite amusing teasing the retards. I can imagine the gritted teeth, the vein in their forehead popping and the red face as they scream at their pc/phone. You MUST obey!!!!! Poor sods.

I am sorry I can not get too excited by guys like you. People who call others retards because lack of capacity of speech...... The thread is about trying to have the babies and small kids off the roads and the traffic and NOT have them among us adults out there.

You can do whatever with your kid, I do not care, and it is not my thing as long as you do not hurt them in the process of exercise your fatherly duties....

Good luck and be careful in what you call other people

glegolo...

3 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Seems like you believe it´s a tough guy attitude to talk about popping blood vessels, and that people that stand for what is right should be teased and wear the name retards.

People that use your kind of attitude, are mostly misguided unsecure little human beeings that still lives out the attitude of a teenage life as adults. Yes, you understood it right. I am talking of people that never grew up.

On the whole perspective, you are also a very sofistcated pillar for you own countries people, Thailand and as well for you children. They will learn everything they need to know about what to call people that do not possess the tough boy and irresponsible lawless attitude. Be proud, you have really achieved something in life.

As a summary of all. where shall we draw the line? If underaged kids can drive in traffic according to you. Then never mind they break the law. Also according to you. Is it okey for others to break the law then too? Below you see some questions:

Is it okey if somebody burn down your house?
Can people break in and steal all of value from you?
Is it okey if five people attack you and beat the <deleted> out of you?

That was only 3 questions. Maybe unrelated, but they all have to do with the law. No one of them will kill you, like a irresponsible child on a motorbike in traffic can do.

How is it now Mr. emptypockets? Is it you as an allmighty that decide what laws are okey to uphold and which one people can break? Or is it better that there are some laws to follow, and maybe even they fill a purpose?

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Where was it mentioned in the op that it was NOT off road. As I said earlier...all you poor Dudley Dorights need to get a life. This is Thailand. If you want western values go back to the west and leave the rest of us , and our families alone.

10 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Where was it mentioned in the op that it was NOT off road. As I said earlier...all you poor Dudley Dorights need to get a life. This is Thailand. If you want western values go back to the west and leave the rest of us , and our families alone.

Have one thing clear. You do not have the right to tell me to leave my family. And you should also not post that it would be somekind of western value. We are talking about common sense and responsibility for other peoples lives and safety.

It´s clear and understood by 99% of the readers of this post that it does not need to be mentioned in the OP. Anyway, thanks for setting the level of understanding, so I know that you need intensive explaination in future discussions.

6 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

It is strange how these critters pops up every now and then... Why do you think that the majority of us falangs wish to have a lawless lifestyle here in Thailand??? I think you are way off base and should concentrate more to take care of YOUR family then only to take care of yourself...

You do NOT show any respect for anybody, and certainly not for your own children and wife by writing these posts here in this thread.. I feel a shame to be mixed up with people like you....

glegolo

4 minutes ago, glegolo said:

It is strange how these critters pops up every now and then... Why do you think that the majority of us falangs wish to have a lawless lifestyle here in Thailand??? I think you are way off base and should concentrate more to take care of YOUR family then only to take care of yourself...

You do NOT show any respect for anybody, and certainly not for your own children and wife by writing these posts here in this thread.. I feel a shame to be mixed up with people like you....

glegolo

Absolute nonsense.

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Have one thing clear. You do not have the right to tell me to leave my family. And you should also not post that it would be somekind of western value. We are talking about common sense and responsibility for other peoples lives and safety.

It´s clear and understood by 99% of the readers of this post that it does not need to be mentioned in the OP. Anyway, thanks for setting the level of understanding, so I know that you need intensive explaination in future discussions.

Comprehension is not a big thing for you?

Where did I say leave your family?

I see ten year olds riding three up going and coming to school everyday. Guess what....none are getting killed, none...not one.

You and your ilk are simply projecting your western norms. Common sense and responsibility...where did you learn that - in the west. Well mate we aren't in the west anymore, and it is what is here, get used to it.

Why not license and insure ten year olds...they are going to do it anyway. Make it legal.

51 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Why not license and insure ten year olds...they are going to do it anyway. Make it legal.

There it come, the truth is that you do just not like to be father or a stepfather. Maybe you are just to damn old to cre or even bother to care about children. Just dont give a damn and let the children do whatever they wish to do..... Just give up....

Yeah who can fight that lazy inconsiderate attitude. You just dont care about anybody else than yourself I guess...

glegolo

A massive pert of the road safety problem is cars and trucks speeding, a sense of entitlement, and certainly not being prepared for any eventuality.

Thailand is saturated with motorcycles, yes they do not stop at junctions but tend to pull out slowly along the side of the road, every driver knows this!! Do drivers of larger vehicles give constant consideration? well let us just say perhaps if they did there would be fewer accidents involving motorcycles.

Motorcycle accidents are not about about age, overturning utes, speeding public service van smashes, accidents with drivers falling asleep, buses on their side in the central reservation, wrapped around a lamp post or tree!! are not driven by underage drivers.

The youth on motorcycles in Thailand are just as likely to die at 14 as they are at 13 or 12

3 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I see ten year olds riding three up going and coming to school everyday. Guess what....none are getting killed, none...not one.

With this statement you’ve just lost any credibility as an intelligent and balanced contributor to this discussion... 

(WHO Stats: Each year 15,800 youths are involved in an accident when riding, 700 of them die) 

You and your ilk are simply projecting your western norms. Common sense and responsibility...where did you learn that - in the west. Well mate we aren't in the west anymore, and it is what is here, get used to it.

Fewer die in the West, perhaps that’s worth considering. 

Seriously, licence 10 year olds to ride motorcycles? There goes your credibility again !!!! 

?? Your 'logic' escapes me.

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And a number of them underage.. 

What is the number then?

Personally,

... have seen quite a few Thais splated on the road,

but don't recall seeng any juveniles among those.

...been hit by other drivers/riders thrice;

2 adult women and a drunk 20 y/o guy.

Anybody out there been smashed by a child?

They tend to be sober.

R. Smith?

Methinks thee doth protest to mutt.

Archived