Driving motorbike for youngsters in Thailand

glegolo

On 10/13/2019 at 8:55 PM, richard_smith237 said:

With this statement you’ve just lost any credibility as an intelligent and balanced contributor to this discussion... 

(WHO Stats: Each year 15,800 youths are involved in an accident when riding, 700 of them die) 

Fewer die in the West, perhaps that’s worth considering. 

Seriously, licence 10 year olds to ride motorcycles? There goes your credibility again !!!! 

I seriously do not care of your judgement of my credibility . I deal with reality. I see literally dozens of primary school kids riding scooters (and lets face that's what they are, little more than a motorised push bike) and I personally have not heard of one getting killed coming or going to school. Not one. Ever. Sure there have been some injuries but not worse than riding a push bike generally.

I'm sure the anti everything nerds will trawl through google to find something to refute my statements and as far as I'm concerned they can do their best. It will not change my opinion of what I see, live and breath every day.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/14/2019 at 1:10 PM, Matzzon said:

I sincerely hope you know what you accomplish by using that term.

First you admitt that it´s the right thing, otherwise you would not use Do-rights. After that you put it in a sentence where you dispise people that do the right things.

That would mean that you dispise doing the right things and following the laws. Wonder what kind of person that makes you out to be?

I was well aware of what I said. By the way the word is despise, not dispise.

I used the term very deliberately to bring some clarity to what I meant. Yes the Dudley Dorights of the world, and yes I do despise them.

They are the people who do not want anyone else to do what they are not capable of, or do not have the balls to do.

They insist everyone should come down to their level. And they are vocal in supporting the introduction of laws to force the free thinkers to comply to their idea of normal.

They've been around for centuries. Nowadays we call them PC.

They are Joke, as they call in Thailand, a weak watery rice soup fed to babies and old people. They add nothing to the human race at all. No meat and no spice.

Was Evel Kneivel a Dudley Doright….no way. Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin....I don't think so. They all had balls.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions you may have had.

32 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

What on earth are you babbling about?.

I've been a father for nearly forty years and a grandfather for 8.

I have no interest in being a stepfather. 

All of my kids, and most of the grandkids ride motorbikes- - safely.

Get over yourself, we are not all ageing, economic refugee old guys who come to Thailand for paid for sex with much younger women (or in many cases any woman at all who will have them). Some of us still actually have meaningful, active lives with age appropriate partners.

We can think for ourselves and manage risk quite well.

Gee, some of us actually have friends who are male Thais!!

Some of us even enjoy the thrill or riding motorbikes. I've been riding since 10 years old.  I bought my first Harley 40 years ago, Nortons and Triumphs before that.

How about you??

Stick to the zimmer frame with 110cc motor that you cruise the streets of the expat ghettos on.

You do your thing....I'll do mine.

I neither request nor want your advice.

So maybe my post did strike something at you I guess??? You say you do "your thing". The thing is, you really do NOT do anything, so what is your thing. NOT to take care and be a responsible guy.. Is that the core of your life, congrats in that case.

glegolo

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

They are the people who do not want anyone else to do what they are not capable of, or do not have the balls to do.

Ooohooa! The misconceptions still stands. You just digged yourself deeper with the comment above, and it´s really not any misconceptions anymore. You just made it clear facts.

What are you doing yourself, more than believing it´s okey to break the law. Is that giving you the big balls you are talking about?

Maybe that you have a different opinion and voice that one on an online forum, gives you the big cojones?

Or maybe you just live with the opinion that you got your big balls from birth, and it´s your birthright to tell people with antoher opinion that they are the ones with the smaller pack?

Mate, you are wasting your time trying to have a conversation with the Dudley Dorights on here. Although it can be quite amusing teasing the retards. I can imagine the gritted teeth, the vein in their forehead popping and the red face as they scream at their pc/phone. You MUST obey!!!!! Poor sods.
I certainly see which side of the coin the retard is on!

Sent from my SM-A205F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Comprehension is not a big thing for you?
Where did I say leave your family?

I see ten year olds riding three up going and coming to school everyday. Guess what....none are getting killed, none...not one.

You and your ilk are simply projecting your western norms. Common sense and responsibility...where did you learn that - in the west. Well mate we aren't in the west anymore, and it is what is here, get used to it.

Why not license and insure ten year olds...they are going to do it anyway. Make it legal.

I saw a photo just a few days ago of 3 kids, look 10 or younger, squished by a truck they pulled in front of.

Sent from my SM-A205F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, very true, but I still feel that the odd westerner lets their under age offspring ride motorbikes on main roads. 

Although there are no other Westerners in my town/village, there are many stupid parents handing the motorbike keys to their underage children.

Considering your PC western views on what kids do Thailand and in your village regarding m/c's why don't you do something about.

Kids here do it cause they can and I made sure mine had me teaching & learning them as soon as they wanted to ride I didn't want them riding somewhere behind my back, like I did as a kid in my own country.

I once took my 15 and 13 year old children on a resort scuba dive with them having no previous experience. The "instructor" left his BCD back at the dive centre so we have to go it alone.  

Shock horror.......what a bad person I am?

On 10/7/2019 at 7:05 AM, EVENKEEL said:

I was riding my mini bike on the road age 10 0r 11, 90cc motorcycle age 12 on the road. I gave the step son my Raider 150 when he was around 15 or 16 to get to school.

There's nothing wrong with kids learning at an early age to ride if done correctly.

And if they smash into my vehicle with no licence or insurance, who pays?

15 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

And if you slip getting out of bed ? Or fall in the shower ? or the sky falls on you ?

Woulda Shoulda Coulda ... utter waste of time asking WHAT IF

Just now, canthai55 said:

Bought my first on the road insurance at age 14

Guy was in the Air Force with my Dad

Told me Dead Men tell no Tales

What's that got to do with a Thai youngster smashing into MY vehicle?

8 hours ago, canthai55 said:
8 hours ago, wgdanson said:

And if you slip getting out of bed ? Or fall in the shower ? or the sky falls on you ?

Woulda Shoulda Coulda ... utter waste of time asking WHAT IF

Theoretically you have 1st class insurance which covers your vehicle in the event an uninsured person crashes into it. Also, theoretically we all have medical insurance to cover us should an uninsured person injures us. 

So, the question really is: Who does the insurance chase if / when a child is illegally riding a motorcycle on the roads - it would be the parents or owner of the vehicle they were riding. 

Using 'slipping' in the shower or while getting out of bed is a rather idiotic argument and misses the point that these are not illegal activities and there is no cost of property damage caused by someone else - this strawman argument  [slipping over used to in comparison with an underage person illegally riding on the road and having an accident, damaging someone else property and potentially injuring them] is using some fundamentally flawed logic.

By all means, train your kids off road, out of the traffic, provide them with the critical skills they will need when they are of age, when they are of legal age ensure they have proper on road lessons (i.e. teach them yourself), continue to provide them with the adequate skills and ensure they are on the road legally, fully insured both medically and their vehicle.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:55 PM, Kwasaki said:

If your that worry let your daughter ride it when it's 31st of the month.

Depends on the road dangers of where you live and how you have taught where they can go and where they cannot from an early age.

Where I live my son& daughter were riding at about 10 year old. 

SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN on the road aged TEN !!

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN on the road aged TEN !!

Who said on main roads, forest land roads, park roads, soi's in the back of villages all empty of traffic.

Your just another one that doesn't understand Thailand, do you lock your kids up. ????

Judging by some of the posts here, I am truly blessed.

Never had much use for authority.

Refuse to bow down to self righteous, stuck up, prim and proper people and institutions.

I fought the Law and the Law won - sometimes

I fought the Law and I won - sometimes

Crossed the road on 'Don't Walk' every day

Those that drive/ride 90 in a 90 zone, respect the law at all times - even when wrong, which it mostly is, need a cojones injection.

Never had the wife, house, white picket fence, 2.5 children Citizen <deleted>.

Me - I bought a HD and exercised my middle finger

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Who said on main roads, forest land roads, park roads, soi's in the back of villages all empty of traffic.

Your just another one that doesn't understand Thailand, do you lock your kids up. ????

Not on the road is ideal for a youngster to learn how to ride, fields etc, open spaces, quiet country lanes etc...  

24 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Refuse to bow down to self righteous, stuck up, prim and proper people and institutions.

Those that drive/ride 90 in a 90 zone, respect the law at all times - even when wrong, which it mostly is, need a cojones injection.

HD + Canadian, no more really needs to be said...

do you wear a bandanna too? lol

25 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Do you also 'love the smell of napalm in the morning' ?? 

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not on the road is ideal for a youngster to learn how to ride, fields etc, open spaces, quiet country lanes etc...  

Yes of course but you've got the western Thailand PC police posting who've got nothing else to do.

To teach someone to ride a motorcycle on a main busy roads is not whats being said.

Seems to me you get many posting here that hate scoots, motorcycles full stop.

Kids here ride scoots & Wave bikes on main roads because their allow to, law or no law, I don't condone it, I accept it and watch out extra careful when I see them while I'm driving and keep well away from them as I possibly can. 

Many kids here in and around our village go to school in family cars, picked up with Minibuses, catch Songthaews, more than one on back of parents m/c and some go on a scoot or wave by themselves that's way it is TiT.

Archived