Chair webbing tightened

gingerandtabby

I have some Ikea type chairs that have nylon webbing that is sagging after 10 years of use. I have considered trying to tighten the stuff myself, but I can't even get the first staple out. I have asked an upholsterer if he would do it  with a negative response. Any suggestions?

Are they not covered under a no-sagging warranty? Or maybe it is what you are putting on the chair is starting to sag a little also.

No seriously, if you really cannot not get the original staples out, it shows how well they were made.

I can only suggest trying another upholsterer, maybe taking a thai speaker with you. I used one near the bus station at Chang Puak, heading towards the stadium, but only just past the stupa, on the right hand side. there is another smaller one near the mahidol bridge over the river. Coming out from the city, take the left immediately beforethe river, turn right under Mahidol road and continue with the river on your left, for about 4-500m. Look for small upholstery place on your right.

Good luck

Archived