Orlando (Made in Italy)

a3tsw

Just pulled this thing out from my water well , it had been short circuiting the fuse board and I haven’t a clue what it is or what it’s purpose is or if it is essential or not , my water well is still pumping water. I looked it up on the internet but can’t find any info in English.

IMG_1608.PNG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

it is a float switch designed to start the pump when the water reaches a certain level or shut it of when it falls below a certain level.

Thanks for your speedy reply , do you reckon it is essential? , as my water pump seems to be operating OK without it , ie , I turn the tap on - the water pump springs into action , I turn it off , the water pump stops , or is there some situation where this thing needs to be in place?

17 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

Thanks for your speedy reply , do you reckon it is essential? , as my water pump seems to be operating OK without it , ie , I turn the tap on - the water pump springs into action , I turn it off , the water pump stops , or is there some situation where this thing needs to be in place?

First let me say that I have no first hand experience with well pumps.

others who have more direct experience with this things will soon advise you,  but from my uneducated on the subject opinion it is essential.

Let me explain my theory, I am sure it was not put there because they were afraid that your well would had overflowed, so IMO it is there to prevent the pump from operating if the water falls below a certain level so that the pump would not run dry and burn out. 

With the rainy reason upon as I am sure there is litle danger that your pump will run dry now, but later on this year you might have that problem and you might need this level switch gismo.

First let me say that I have no first hand experience with well pumps.
others who have more direct experience with this things will soon advise you,  but from my uneducated on the subject opinion it is essential.
Let me explain my theory, I am sure it was not put there because they were afraid that your well would had overflowed, so IMO it is there to prevent the pump from operating if the water falls below a certain level so that the pump would not run dry and burn out. 
With the rainy reason upon as I am sure there is litle danger that your pump will run dry now, but later on this year you might have that problem and you might need this level switch gismo.

Ok , thanks again , for the explanation , will go ahead and replace it then . Cheers.

2 minutes ago, a3tsw said:

Ok , thanks again , for the explanation , will go ahead and replace it then . Cheers.

I would wait a bit but keep an eye on it. Others with more experience in the subject I am sure will chime in, and might have better more creative solutions.Or a better replacement device than the one you have now.There might not be necessary to replace it with the exact same  one, depending in the way your system is set up.

Archived