If I've already used up my two visa-exempt Thai land border crossings...

52 minutes ago, BananaBandit said:

Can I cross at a land border with a tourist visa in the same calendar year as my 2 visa-exempt land crossings ?

Yes.

52 minutes ago, BananaBandit said:

Or is the yearly limit 2 land-border crossings period ?

No. The limit is specifically for visa exemption.

• Thanks 1

As long as you get the tourist visa, entering at most land crossings is no problem, with no official limit on the number of times you can enter with a visa. Just be a little careful about where you go to apply for the visa. It has become more difficult to get tourist visas at consulates in the region.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It is an issue though for expats living in neighboring countries. Many in Laos and (westetn) Camb used to pop across the border on weekends to shop etc.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

as  i am moving to Cambodia full time next year would love to see a relaxation of the 2 land visa exempt land entries. Say if you hold a 1 year visa/extension for Cambodia/Laos they would allow multiple land border entries ????

locals can cross multiple times already.....  ( wonder do they count each visa exempt entry from a local as a tourist?)

Edited by phuketrichard

as  i am moving to Cambodia full time next year would love to see a relaxation of the 2 land visa exempt land entries. Say if you hold a 1 year visa/extension for Cambodia/Laos they would allow multiple land border entries [emoji846]
 locals can cross multiple times already.....  ( wonder do they count each visa exempt entry from a local as a tourist?)
Locals are not covered under the 2 entry rule as visa exempt entry by Cambodians, Lao etc are governed by a reciprocal agreement between the respective ASEAN countries. There is no limit and Cambodians can and do cross every weekend as a visit to Tesco in Aranyaprathet on a Saturday will attest.

Locals do get flak/refusals if staying the full 24 dsys then doing back to back visa exempt entries i.e. suspected of working.

I think pretty much any entry on a goreign passport gets counted in tourism numbers..

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sheryl;

I  understand about ASEAN<thanks anyway
They are still stamped in so my question is do they count as"tourists"

TONS of malay's come up to Betong/Hat Yai 2-3 x/month

PS; bet the numbers crossing at Poi Pet will drop now that they have a Big C

7 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

They are still stamped in so my question is do they count as"tourists"

TONS of malay's come up to Betong/Hat Yai 2-3 x/month

That's why they feature high on the list of nationalities that come to visit Thailand. I'm quite sure each and every entry is counted.