Alleged poacher arrested in Erawan National Park

webfact

Alleged poacher arrested in Erawan National Park

By The Nation

800_95d687048b20bfc.jpg

Forest rangers at the Erawan National Park in Kanchanaburi province have arrested an alleged poacher and seized from him a slain porcupine, the carcasses of a hedgehog and a rabbit, as well as 12 implements to commit the crimes.

Porrayut Waiwong, chief of the national park, said on Saturday that rangers caught the alleged poacher while they were patrolling an area of the Tang Kang Yang forest.

The suspect was handed over to Sai Yok Police Station for prosecution as per the law.

Full story: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377133

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-07

Poachers in protected forests are the worst . They know what they are doing is illegal , They do not care . They go out killing animals that became rare and are protected by law . They do not care . All what they care for is personal profit . Disgusting .

Where it was once beautiful ( where we are living ) , now people are moving in more and more ... every morning I wake up to the sound of chainsaws ... do you think that they cut only the big old trees that are on THEIR OWN land ? No , They just go to the forest and cut down the biggest trees to sell the wood . There is only one policeman here on the island who , of course , does nothing . We had families of wild otters here and dolphins and dugongs ... The dugongs have all died by now I think , occasionally a dead one is found on the beach , the otters have disappeared , I did not see a dead one ... ( still hope that they just moved away ) , the dolphins as well , recently 60 ( ! ) dolphins died in the nets of a fishing boat , turtles who used to lay their eggs on the beach are gone a long time , the corals that survived the fishing nets which are thrown over them and pulled just to catch some 20 baht a kilo multi colored fish , are bleaching by now anyway ... Really , the ' homo sapiens ' is a very fine species , just stupid , greedy , ugly and destructive beyond belief .

The world would be a better place without them . I am so happy that I never put kids in this world . End of rant , have a nice day ...

19 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Poachers in protected forests are the worst . They know what they are doing is illegal , They do not care . They go out killing animals that became rare and are protected by law . They do not care . All what they care for is personal profit . Disgusting .

Where it was once beautiful ( where we are living ) , now people are moving in more and more ... every morning I wake up to the sound of chainsaws ... do you think that they cut only the big old trees that are on THEIR OWN land ? No , They just go to the forest and cut down the biggest trees to sell the wood . There is only one policeman here on the island who , of course , does nothing . We had families of wild otters here and dolphins and dugongs ... The dugongs have all died by now I think , occasionally a dead one is found on the beach , the otters have disappeared , I did not see a dead one ... ( still hope that they just moved away ) , the dolphins as well , recently 60 ( ! ) dolphins died in the nets of a fishing boat , turtles who used to lay their eggs on the beach are gone a long time , the corals that survived the fishing nets which are thrown over them and pulled just to catch some 20 baht a kilo multi colored fish , are bleaching by now anyway ... Really , the ' homo sapiens ' is a very fine species , just stupid , greedy , ugly and destructive beyond belief .

The world would be a better place without them . I am so happy that I never put kids in this world . End of rant , have a nice day ...

Personal profit!  Are you forgetting personal ego?

22 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Not rich? Straight off to jail with you

What are you talking about? The poor people we love so much and refer to as the "mushroom pickers" were charged for illegally logging in the national forest and appealed their way all the way to the supreme court. So much for "straight off to jail with you". Premchai is in deep trouble. Since when have you seen this happen to a poor person?

In August this year, the Criminal Court sentenced the construction tycoon to six months in prison for illegally possessing firearms.

He also received a one-year jail term after being found guilty of trying to bribe park rangers following his arrest in the wildlife sanctuary, located in Thong Pha Phum district.

In March, Premchai was given a 16-month jail sentence for crimes connected to poaching in the wildlife sanctuary.

The Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation has vowed to appeal Tuesday's court verdict acquitting construction tycoon Premchai Karnasuta and his wife of illegal ivory possession.

Other charges that did not stick are also being appealed.

How many charges do you think the guy in this thread got thrown at him? Premchai got 9 off the bat. And then they raided his house and they are now scrutinizing his dodgy land holdings. I for one believe that both the poor and the rich should be held equally accountable. This nonsense with the rich nailed to the wall and the poor getting a free pass has to end. The forests deserve protection from everyone. Sadly the forestry department has recently announced plans to allow the poor to "manage" the forests around them. Great example of the fox guarding the hen house. Just a form of legalized poaching, burning and deforesting. Imagine if a rich person was allowed to do that. You'd be yelling your asses off. But this special law for the poor and not a peep. The silence is deafening.

Archived