Over half of Thais feel Government’s performance unchanged – Suan Dusit Poll

webfact

2019-01-17_9-48-01.jpg

Over half of the respondents to a Suan Dusit Poll feel that the performance of the pre and post-election governments under Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha are the same.

The poll gauged the opinions of 1,223 people from various occupations across the country between October 1st and 5th. 51.68% of the respondents said there is no difference in the performance of the two governments because they contain the same people in charge and the same old policies.

41.70%, however, said the performance of the post-election government is worse, citing the economic slowdown, widespread poverty and failure to address the root causes of problems. 6.62% of the respondents said they feel the performance has improved, citing the government’s “Chim-Shop-Chai” program and the populist Welfare Card scheme.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-half-of-thais-feel-governments-performance-unchanged-suan-dusit-poll/

thaipbs.jpg

3 hours ago, webfact said:

It has succeeded in every way to increase the chances of corruption and will continue in this direction!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Over half of Thais feel Government’s performance unchanged

The proof is there to see. The second quarter GDP growth was the lowest since Prayut initiated the coup. The country has gone nowhere in 5 years.

One has only to look at the quality of the ministers chosen by Prayut to see that this level of under performance will remain unchanged.

It's still amazing to me after all these years how decades of social conditioning can pacify a populace to the point that no matter what happens, 99.9% just accept it as the way things are. I mean, we see it to a certain extent in western democracies, but it's taken to an entirely new level in this part of the world.

36 minutes ago, Katipo said:

It's still amazing to me after all these years how decades of social conditioning can pacify a populace to the point that no matter what happens, 99.9% just accept it as the way things are. I mean, we see it to a certain extent in western democracies, but it's taken to an entirely new level in this part of the world.

Yeah, right. It's called the Mai Pen Rai syndrome.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Over half of the respondents to a Suan Dusit Poll feel that the performance of the pre and post-election governments under Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha are the same.

If more than 50% were looking for change they should have voted appropriately !

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Lucky they only surveyed junta supporters , if they surveyed everyone else results would be into 3 digits with lots of unpleasant words ????

YUP!!!!!! They sure didn't ask the working poor..............

This is a flawed question - the question should first establish a benchmark for how people consider the performance of the government, ie: Incredibly terrible, moderately terrible etc.. then ask whether they think its improving or not.  Else we have no real measure on which to gauge improvement/decline.  

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

If more than 50% were looking for change they should have voted appropriately !

That's exactly right. They voted for his mob, and therefore him, so let them reap what they sowed. In the meantime, Anutin will get the people so bombed out, they won't even know when they're being shafted.

41.70%, however, said the performance of the post-election government is worse, citing the economic slowdown, widespread poverty and failure to address the root causes of problems. 6.62% of the respondents said they feel the performance has improved, citing the government’s “Chim-Shop-Chai” program and the populist Welfare Card scheme.

Chim Shop Chai and Welfare 1,000 baht? 

In one sentence. The government has failed to achieve anything. 

4 hours ago, Katipo said:

Well, I can see why the folks in Hong Kong  protest:  They want the right to vote.  But Thais have that; they all got to vote.  What is there not to accept?  :) :) :)

4 hours ago, Katipo said:

Great post. So true.

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Chim Shop Chai and Welfare 1,000 baht? 

In one sentence. The government has failed to achieve anything. 

I can't remember anyone voting for the PM or the other unelected.... Maybe I missed what province they stood in (maybe Tank province). It disgusts me when he prance about as PM and especially when other leaders accept him oh and his fan club of farang fan boys. 

Absolutely fake news. When 41.70% said the performance of the post-election government is worse, citing the economic slowdown, widespread poverty and failure to address the root causes of problems, you have some real issues. 

Things have changed. People approve far less of the administration. This is really bad news for the hapless army. 

7 hours ago, Katipo said:

I totally understand and share your sentiments, Katipo (above). But to be fair to the Thais: unlike in England or Austria or Switzerland (for example), people demonstrating in the streets in Thailand against the System ultimately face the very real possibility of being slaughtered.

It takes great courage to stand up to that threat ( a threat which was incarnated into action as recently as 2010).

Some peoples would stand up to that threat nevertheless (as has happened with valiant peoples throughout history).

The Thais have chosen en masse not to ...

Having  a soldier in charge  of the army makes sense  and security  for the nation 

Having a born  bread politcan makes sense of running the country and protecting  the economy 

Like a foot ball team  they all want  what is best for Thailand  but now the teams are playing  in the wronf positions such  as goal keeper now playing  attacker and now goal is empty 

Archived