Best place to sell Thai gold? MBK, Chinatown, other?

HermosaBeachGuy

21 minutes ago, HermosaBeachGuy said:

Do I have to worry about getting "farang priced"?

You do know that most gold shops have buy and sell price on a big sign?

And the answer will be know, if you do not accept getting run over.

If you remember what shop you purchased the gold from, then sell at that shop, otherwise sell at another shop in Chinatown.

The current sell price of gold plus their commission will be the same for everyone.

If you remember what shop you purchased the gold from, then sell at that shop, otherwise sell at another shop in Chinatown.

The current sell price of gold plus their commission will be the same for everyone.

Because it’s necklaces I believe you lose some of the cost for the workmanship when you well.

If it’s bars then yes, the buy/sell price is shown in all gold shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

That's what I did... small profit after 3 years... thanks 

If you are concerned about dishonest weight, first take the chains into 2 or 3 random gold shops and ask them to weigh the gold.  Most will do this free of charge.   You will then pretty much know the exact weight.

Most gold shops conspicuously post the daily buy/sell rate so you can use your phone calculator to get an accurate idea of what you should receive.

3 minutes ago, HHTel said:

It should be remembered that gold will lose weight over time due to the softness of gold.  A 3 baht piece of jewelry will be less after a few years 'wear and tear'!

first time i've heard of this?

On 10/7/2019 at 7:30 AM, Matzzon said:

You do know that most gold shops have buy and sell price on a big sign?

And the answer will be know, if you do not accept getting run over.

There are prices on the sign ,but if you buy you can even ask discount . Will not be to much but even a few hundred baht is still discount .

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

There are prices on the sign ,but if you buy you can even ask discount . Will not be to much but even a few hundred baht is still discount .

If you buy and will get a discount, it will not be based on the price on the sign. Then you buy a necklance or bracelet for example. They will have a higher price than the sign, due to that work with design and creation is not included. That´s why you also always get a price higher than the one on the sign when you want to buy.

In China Town they list the price for making as a separate price per Bht

95% of "fancy" gold gets melted down again.

It's true a 5 Bht bracelet worn every day after 12years will be lucky if 4.8 Bht

Be sure to check the gold shop first there are 2 crooked ones in my area 

who will say that you bought inferior gold

Archived