Selling Bullion In Khon Kaen

shaemus

Has  any one had any experience of selling gold/silver bullion in KK.

If so what were the admin prices?

Did you get the Spot rate?

Was it a quick process?

I have swiss pamp, and Perth mint branded bars all various weights

thanks in advance

Shaemus

Thai gold shops are accustomed to dealing in Thai bullion, which from memory is 96.5% gold. The are not used to the 99.99% stuff.

You may be better off selling through one of the banks, although I would expect a hefty discount to the cross-rate.

I'd suggest waiting until you go to Oz, and selling it there. Hong Kong might be another option.

39 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The are not used to the 99.99% stuff.

Thai Gold shops do deal with 24 karat bullion. You usually have to order it.

Shaemus, not sure in KK but a major in BKK like MT  would be able to help. Drop them a line. I am sure they could tell you if they deal in KK. If not, you may need to do a trip to BKK. Here is a link. http://www.mtsgold.co.th/en/

2 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Shaemus, not sure in KK but a major in BKK like MT  would be able to help. Drop them a line. I am sure they could tell you if they deal in KK. If not, you may need to do a trip to BKK. Here is a link. http://www.mtsgold.co.th/en/

Useful info. However, the OP was asking about selling, not buying.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Useful info. However, the OP was asking about selling, not buying.

Quote :

MTS Gold has been one of the leader in gold recycling business in Thailand. With our specialty in refining and scrap gold buying, we have been one of the leader in scrap gold business. 

1 minute ago, JoePai said:

Quote :

MTS Gold has been one of the leader in gold recycling business in Thailand. With our specialty in refining and scrap gold buying, we have been one of the leader in scrap gold business. 

Bullion is not scrap gold. I would expect they would give a scrap gold price for it, i.e. a fairly substantial discount.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Bullion is not scrap gold. I would expect they would give a scrap gold price for it, i.e. a fairly substantial discount.

All ‘second-hand’ gold, ornamental or bullion, is classed as scrap and goes into the same melting pot

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

All ‘second-hand’ gold, ornamental or bullion, is classed as scrap and goes into the same melting pot

Why would the OP want to sell the gold he acquired as bullion, for a bullion price, as scrap for the scrap price?

I have tried selling a sealed Valcambi bar and a Brittania in Bangkok.  Only one out of about a dozen shops (in various areas) would show any interest in it and the offer was 20% below spot.  The largest gold dealer in Thailand (from what I am told), Hua Seng Heng, will buy 999.9 bullion but only in Kilos...not ounces.

And FWIW, “scrap” is not the same as bullion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 11:52 AM, Farangwithaplan said:

the wife spoke the company that you sent ( thank you)

they buy at the spot price after establishing if the gold is real.

When i go down, i will give a report back on the experience. 

thanks for the link.

Shaemus

Archived