Thai woman gets 40 years in prison after pleading guilty to her role in planning husband's murder

webfact

McKinney woman gets 40 years in prison after pleading guilty to her role in planning husband's murder

By Sarah Sarder

Chansamorn Pokai was scheduled to go to trial in July. Her boyfriend, Stephen Brockway, and their hired gunman, Ronald Rosser, have already been sentenced.

tw.jpg

Chansamorn Pokai (left) received 40 years in prison for her role in the murder of her husband, Richard Moore. She and her boyfriend, Stephen Brockway (center), hired Ronald Rosser (right) to kill Moore. Brockway got 28 years in prison and Rosser life in prison for the February 2015 slaying.

Less than a week after her boyfriend turned on her in court, a McKinney woman on Monday admitted she'd murdered her husband.

The guilty plea concludes a four-year saga that landed one person in prison for life and got her and one other person long prison sentences for carrying out the murder-for-hire plot.

Chansamorn Pokai, 37, pleaded guilty to murder and received a 40-year prison sentence, court records show. Her trial was scheduled to take place later this month, when her boyfriend, Stephen Brockway, was expected to take the stand and reveal her role in the scheme.

Brockway, 35, pleaded guilty to the same charge last Thursday, but he took a deal for a shorter sentence— 28 years in prison, in exchange for his full cooperation and testimony in Pokai's trial if called on.

The two drew up a plan for the February 2015 slaying of Richard Moore, 66, who was Pokai's husband and at one point was Brockway's best friend. Pokai and Brockway were in the midst of an affair when they decided to murder Moore.

They hired Ronald Rosser, 55, of Longview who shot Moore multiple times as the man stepped out of the shower at his McKinney home.

Rosser was convicted of capital murder in March, drawing an automatic sentence of life in prison without parole. He has since appealed.

Full story: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2019/07/03/mckinney-woman-gets-40-years-in-prison-after-pleading-guilty-to-her-role-in-planning-husband-s-murder/

-- The Dallas Morning News 2019-10-07

================================

RELATED STORY FROM 2015

A Thai woman arrested in Texas for murder-for-hire hit in Texas
A Thai woman and two Americans are in police custody for the death of a McKinney man found in his home in Texas.

The woman, Chansamorn Pokai, and her friend Stephen Brockway are charged with hiring Ronald Rosser to murder her husband, 66-year-old Richard Moore, two weeks ago.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/809463-a-thai-woman-arrested-in-texas-for-murder-for-hire-hit-in-texas/

The victim, Richard Moore, was one of my closest friends. I was there the day he met his future wife at one the Go Go's on Soi Cowboy. I warned him many times about her as she was somewhat of a strange to me. One day, I went to his Condo for some beers and he pulled out a marriage certificate and said; "I did not invite you to the weeding, because I know you would not approve". It has taken 4 years for this to run through the courts; and I am happy justice was served. However, I feel sad for his young daughter he had with her. The other daughter he adopted (that was hers from a Thai Marriage); and his two other adult daughters.I sure do miss him and his English Sense of humor.

43 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Note to self : Always eat the wife's cooking

not bad for a sense of humor but, seriously, couples should start making prenuptual agreements.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

tw.jpg

Chansamorn Pokai (left) received 40 years in prison for her role in the murder of her husband, Richard Moore. She and her boyfriend, Stephen Brockway (center), hired Ronald Rosser (right) to kill Moore.

Rosser's mug... guy looks like an assassin straight out of a mafia movie.

15 hours ago, olfu said:

not bad for a sense of humor but, seriously, couples should start making prenuptual agreements.

Just not get married at all. And certainly don't be more valuable dead than alive. 

15 hours ago, YTP said:
22 hours ago, webfact said:

tw.jpg

Chansamorn Pokai (left) received 40 years in prison for her role in the murder of her husband, Richard Moore. She and her boyfriend, Stephen Brockway (center), hired Ronald Rosser (right) to kill Moore.

Rosser's mug... guy looks like an assassin straight out of a mafia movie.

there's this subliminal feeling, ignoring the one eye, that those two dudes show enough common characteristics (in the mugshots) to possibly be somehow related? 

Archived