us visa questions

Hello,

I have a question i plan to visit the us for the first time, i am in the waiver program so no issue for me, i took my wife (Thai) and my son (dual passport) many times to Europe, to get a visa it takes 10~ minutes...

Now i know for the us is not that easy, but what documents does she need, she NOT work in Thailand, we have a son, and that's it basically, so do she has a chance or not?

Apply for the B2 Visa.

Complete the DS-160 form.

Pay the fee.

Arrange an interview.

The US assumes all visitors are potential Immigrants.

You therefore have to demonstrate sufficient reason to return to your Country of origin at the end of the visit. What documents are required depends on your circumstances and situation , which you've only given basic information about.

A high percentage are refused, without interview. The decision to refuse has already been made based on the information they supplied on the DS-160 application form.

2 hours ago, kralledr said:

Like i said we do have a house here, i am 10 years here, we have a child, and been many times to europe so far, we will return ^^..

That's the difference you didn't mention before. (We have a house here, I am here 10 years).

The fact you and your son have the right to Visa waiver, you will travel and return as a family, own property in Thailand and proof of your permission to stay in Thailand is the type of evidence you need to submit.

The fact your wife has also travelled outside Thailand before and also never been refused entry to a European Country also goes in her favour.

You shouldn't have any problems.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application.html

Read the very useful step by step guide how to complete the form beforehand.

https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2016/04/ds_160_step_by_step_guide.pdf

All documents must be original, or certified copies, plus a photocopy of each document (black and white)

All Thai documents must be translated to English.

You shouldn't have any problems, given her history of travel, and her ties. Follow Tanoshi's advice and provide documentation.

I would also have her carry in, for the interview, both your and son's passport showing the past trips (family travel).

10 hours ago, La Migra said:

You shouldn't have any problems, given her history of travel, and her ties. Follow Tanoshi's advice and provide documentation.

I would also have her carry in, for the interview, both your and son's passport showing the past trips (family travel).

Yes, make sure your wife has your passport(s) with her when she attends the interview.

Also provide proof that you have been living in Thailand for 10 years.

Based on what you say, your wife should have no problems getting the visa.

Archived