BANGKOK
snoop1130

THAI defends food service after passenger complains on Facebook

Dudes, don't complain.  I used to fly Thai from Kunming to Bangkok several times a year.  At check-in they would ask passengers to step on the luggage scale.

Actually a good idea.  If you have to pay extra for overweight baggage, maybe people with a healthy BMI should pay less than those with an overly-high BMI.

(Airline) food for thought...

2 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

oh. ok then.

was it the flight there, or did they manifest on the way back?

On the way there, spent the 1st 2 days in my hotel room shampooing with salt & vinegar, that got rid of the little buggers. Pity really, as I said the food was excellent and had the whole row to myself on a half empty plane but I've never flown with them since.

6 hours ago, captpkapoor said:

Because of their convenient schedule, I've had to fly Thai both in business and economy to New Delhi and Bombay, and believe me, I was not a happy bunny. 

Yeah I don't think they are their "premium" routes.

My Evening flight from London (on the 777) to BKK in Sept 2019 was fine for Economy, food was absolutely good for Economy class. The only minor disappointment I've had was 5 or 6 years ago they forgot to heat the breakfast up before serving (quickly got me another), never had any problems on Thai!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

My Evening flight from London (on the 777) to BKK in Sept 2019 was fine for Economy, food was absolutely good for Economy class. The only minor disappointment I've had was 5 or 6 years ago they forgot to heat the breakfast up before serving (quickly got me another), never had any problems on Thai!

I notice a trend here.  The people who actually fly on TG say they are pretty good, and the people who don't say they are the worst airline in the world.  Or someone had a bad lunch 15 years and has never flown them since, so therefore they are the worst airline around.  

Regular flyers appreciate them for what they are - a pretty good regional airline with decent service.  

By the way this was my IFE screen the last time I flew Singapore Airlines to Singapore (and no it wasn't touch screen, the finger was for scale).  It had an even smaller IFE selection than Thai.  Thai flies brand new A350s to SIngapore.  Does that mean I should spout off that SG is the worst airline in the world?  Or did I just happen to pick a flight with one of their older planes?  Food was atrocious too.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 7.31.15 PM.png

Edited by josephbloggs

Posted (edited)
On 10/7/2019 at 6:53 PM, fasteddie said:

Best airline food I ever had, shame about the infestation of head lice/crabs I caught off my last Thai flight.

Yeah, right, 'course you did...

Edited by Just Weird
  • Sad 1

I never knew so many people pick an airline based on the food. Baffles me.  Price, duration, comfort...plus overall safety are my considerations.  If offered food I don't like, I don't eat it.

Also, why do you need to eat while flying? Or so often.

If you get on a flight at midnight, why do you need to snack?

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

For a short period some time ago, Thai tested out their then new A380s on the BKK-HKG route at bargain prices. It was enough to tempt me back. The seat space was bad (on an A380!) and for the first time ever I returned the food selection as it was pretty bad. For this route there are always alternatives and now I don't even consider Thai when booking. Other than the guys from Perth, what's the point?

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Total agree, today I came back from HKG, and make choice for Cathay Pacific, before I used to fly with Thai, but Cathai have also much more choice about departure times.

22 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Well I don't fly business class, because I am a pensioner  . . . .

What airline has a rule that excludes pensioners from travelling in Business Class?  Ridiculous. 😉

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Does that mean I should spout off that SG is the worst airline in the world?  Or did I just happen to pick a flight with one of their older planes?  Food was atrocious too.

You have the right logic but wrong conclusion as you have contradicted yourself. 

Your (anecdotal, statistically insignificant) bad experience in SG should have limited impact on informing your view of the airline's performance overall. 

Similarly, your (anecdotal, statistically insignificant, though comparatively more numerous) good experiences on THAI should likewise have limited impact on informing your view of the airline's performance overall

THAI's poor performance is legendary, and, if they were so great, surely they would not be approaching insolvency. 

Edited by Fex Bluse

18 minutes ago, treetops said:

What airline has a rule that excludes pensioners from travelling in Business Class?  Ridiculous. 😉

use your brain pensioners don't have much money duh

13 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

use your brain pensioners don't have much money duh

It was quite obviously a joke.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

You have the right logic but wrong conclusion as you have contradicted yourself. 

Your (anecdotal, statistically insignificant) bad experience in SG should have limited impact on informing your view of the airline's performance overall. 

Similarly, your (anecdotal, statistically insignificant, though comparatively more numerous) good experiences on THAI should likewise have limited impact on informing your view of the airline's performance overall

THAI's poor performance is legendary, and, if they were so great, surely they would not be approaching insolvency. 

Strange I don't see you picking on the posts about "15 years ago I got lice (hmmm really)", or "once a FA was grumpy" or "a FA accidentally brushed me with a teapot" or any of the other dozens of posts about things that happened once, a very long time ago. Surely they also have "limited impact on informing a view of the airline"?  Or perhaps because they are negative they are ok?

Thai won economy class of the year and economy catering of the year last year at the Skytrax awards.  So their poor performance is not legendary.   Again I ask, how often do you fly them internationally?  Give me a real, first hand, relevant experience (preferably more than one like you say) as to why they are so appalling.

Japan airlines won it this year by the way - any thoughts on them?

And I notice once again you neglected to answer any of my direct questions.  Oh well.

Edited by josephbloggs

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Strange I don't see you picking on the posts about "15 years ago I got lice (hmmm really)", or "once a FA was grumpy" or "a FA accidentally brushed me with a teapot" or any of the other dozens of posts about things that happened once, a very long time ago. Surely they also have "limited impact on informing a view of the airline"?  Or perhaps because they are negative they are ok?

Thai won economy class of the year and economy catering of the year last year at the Skytrax awards.  So their poor performance is not legendary.   Again I ask, how often do you fly them internationally?  Give me a real experience (preferably more than one like you say) as to why they are so appalling.

Japan airlines won it this year by the way - any thoughts on them?

And I notice once again you neglected to answer any of my direct questions.  Oh well.

Skytrax? 😅😂

Screenshot_20191008-210620_Chrome.jpg.5137445ecb168ad7a13bac21aa25a9b2.jpg

https://www.paddleyourownkanoo.com/2018/02/16/inside-strange-world-skytrax-aviation-rating-organization-probably-shouldnt-trust/