BANGKOK
snoop1130

THAI defends food service after passenger complains on Facebook

On 10/8/2019 at 8:08 AM, Tambs2020 said:

We have direct return with Air Asia from Brisbane at between $450 and $600 return! 

You don't have Air Asia into BKk From WA ?

AIR ASIA  don't fly BKK-BNE  they fly to the Gold Coast which is a good hours drive South of Brisbane.

Edited by Huckenfell

On 10/8/2019 at 10:31 AM, Baerboxer said:

All down to personal experience. I've flown many flights with Thai, to and from Europe, Japan, and Korea. Never had a bad experience. Flown economy and business. Both excellent food, service and attendants.

Flew once with Singapore Airlines many years ago. Business class from Indonesia. Got the worse case of food poisoning ever. Had to have injections at Changi medical center, and wheeled out to the Qantas flight by a policeman! Never flew with them since.

I was a regular passenger with Cathay Pacific in the 90's. Business class Manchester to HK. Excellent in all aspects. Flew with them from Bangkok to HK couple of years ago, again business class. Very disappointed. Poor food, unclean plane and totally uninterested lazy attendants. 

Having lived in Abu Dhabi I like Etihad. Qatar also very good although couple of bad experiences with them. Gulf have old planes and old attendants - but look after you superbly. 

But, it's all down to personal experience and taste. 

Why did'nt the rest of the passengers get it. Sure it was not caused by not washing your hands before handling food. I fly Samui to Brisbane with Silk Air- Singapore Air economy class and find it excellent. I used to fly Thai but they started getting too expensive.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, Fireyfish said:

For me now AirAsia flys direct to Bangkok from Brisbane I previously took the Coolangatta to KL then KL to Bangkok 

Do Air Asia actually fly to BNE now, it used to be Bangkok-Coolangatta ?

On 10/8/2019 at 11:39 AM, DrTuner said:

Problem is AirAsia flies from DMK and it's a biaaaattsch to get there & park when coming from the southeast. If it flew from swampy I'd take it any day over Thai.

OK So you say DMK-BNE, but are you sure that its not DMK-Coolangatta ?

No excuse for the rest of it in that picture, but I find eggs (however done) are naff on any airline. Just don't go there. :wink:

On 10/8/2019 at 9:08 AM, Tambs2020 said:

We have direct return with Air Asia from Brisbane at between $450 and $600 return! 

You don't have Air Asia into BKk From WA ?

Are you getting a bit mixed up? He did not mentioned WA he was talking about

Brisbane (Queensland) and yes there are no direct flights from WA on Air Asia

to Bangkok, you have one stop in KL I think and only flights to Don Muaeng.

The only non stop flight from WA (Perth) is Thai Airways, which takes just less

than seven hrs compared to every other airline (budged or not) from 11 to 14 hrs.

Thai includes baggage allowance, food, drinks. All other airlines charge on top

of the airfare price for extras. Just work it out, would you prefer to fly with

airlines who charge you for every thing, and it will be the same after you book?

or with an airline who does it non stop in just less than 7 hrs?

Screenshot_2019-10-10 Cheap flights from Perth to Bangkok at Skyscanner.png

I have a question for the forum. As I'm going to book flights this week, Thai has the best times but previous experiences have not been good. I noticed Google flights shows the aircraft, so the question is this: Does the model/age of the aircraft correlate with the service staff? Do the "best" ones get to work in the newest planes?

Seeing as there are options from a 747 (Ugh, no, not nostalgic) to 777 and might be even others if I fiddle with the routes, should I choose the one with the newest and coolest, is it likely the Top Guns are assigned to the flight with the shiniest toys? 

I'm looking to do a BKK-Sydney-Auckland-BKK circle in biz class, in case you're wondering. SG airlines/NZ air is my preference but the flight times aren't very good.

Edited by DrTuner

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

OK So you say DMK-BNE, but are you sure that its not DMK-Coolangatta ?

Yes, my daughter flew BNE-DMK in July.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:05 PM, josephbloggs said:

Yeah I don't think they are their "premium" routes.

Maybe. But the planes were full in both classes, with Indians and Thais.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:28 PM, DrTuner said:

I have a question for the forum. As I'm going to book flights this week, Thai has the best times but previous experiences have not been good. I noticed Google flights shows the aircraft, so the question is this: Does the model/age of the aircraft correlate with the service staff? Do the "best" ones get to work in the newest planes?

Seeing as there are options from a 747 (Ugh, no, not nostalgic) to 777 and might be even others if I fiddle with the routes, should I choose the one with the newest and coolest, is it likely the Top Guns are assigned to the flight with the shiniest toys? 

I'm looking to do a BKK-Sydney-Auckland-BKK circle in biz class, in case you're wondering. SG airlines/NZ air is my preference but the flight times aren't very good.

Go with SG. fantastic in business. Widest seats, wider than EK even.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, captpkapoor said:

Go with SG. fantastic in business. Widest seats, wider than EK even.

Thanks, I did for the Sydney leg. Coming back with TG, as they got a new dreamliner on the Auckland-BKK route and much better timing. I hope that thing isn't in pieces yet. TG flight cost almost double as much as the SG. Not exactly thrilled but it is what it is.

Edited by DrTuner