THAI defends food service after passenger complains on Facebook

snoop1130

12 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Looks like left over scraps in the tin. I agree with petermik, that better not be the food served. 

Here we go again. They just can't help themselves

Do either of you even live in Thailand?. Seems to me you don't recognize กระเพราหมูสับไข่ดาวราดข้าว one of the most popular dishes served all over Thailand,

Anyone who knows anyone who works on the catering side on any Airway will tell you how high the standards are.

The competition is rife and you can bet the rice is the best money can buy in Thailand and the pork.

They have so much clout with every company trying to get in there to supply they don't have to cut back on quality the suppliers have to cut back on profit

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Name me another airline which fly's from Perth to Bangkok non stop

and I try that one

We have direct return with Air Asia from Brisbane at between $450 and $600 return! 

You don't have Air Asia into BKk From WA ?

I flew mainly Thai between 1995-2010. I was Gold Card member and due to work flew them approx 36 times per year on meduim and long haul flights. At that time they were a delight and for sure of of the better services airlines in the world. I was a loyal passenger and recommended them to others.

The decline since then has been almost staggering and I am very sad to write this. Someone needs to go in their and really sort out the airline, staff (hugely over staffed) and all related services. I never fly Thai since then not just because of their poor services but I resent paying Thai for staff that do very little or nothing, over paid and high ego management and a general apathy towards it's clients.

A very Sad Decline!!!!

I have traveled for many years in different airlines and find Thai to be a 3rd, if not 4th, class airline. Worse still, they do not listen to the suggestions and feedback from their customers. This is clearly the case from the MD's post on Facebook defending the service instead of investigating further.

I have had good service with Thai Air, however my complaint is having to walk 

to a bus to catch Thai Air in Bangkok going to Japan. I felt like a 3rd class person,

especially when I was in Thailand, leaving on Thailand's national airline. Come on Thai

Air do better.

Geezer

I havent flown with thai airways for over 15yrs. Why pay more for the same or less.... I was bumped to first class once which was good but even still i just felt like im on a bus which is all flying is. I dont understand why people expect good service, its a flying bus!! Cheaper the better.... Rather spend money on interesting things.

The following statement says it all " ....... THAI has a policy to allow passengers to pay more.... " I, never ever, heard anything more arrogant than this statement with is most befitting to the rest of this flying club of corruption, inefficiency and cheating.
The pictorial proof of inflight "food" is something I would not even expect in a jail or as pet food. Since 1992, when Chatichai Boonya-Ananta turned 60 and was "invited" to retire as too many people did not like his professional, clear cut and Western-trained management style ....... the airline went down the toilet in free fall. 

Have not flown TG for more than ten years as there are considerably more professional alternatives as far as service, schedule, reliability or pricing is concerned. 

In closing I found a very philosophical statement by a fellow Thai passenger on Singapore Airlines last week mind-boggling, who claimed that "Thai Airways is a perfect mirror of the rest of the country" and hence does not reflect any surprises .......... 

The last time I flew THAI was in Business, and my meal was inedible. The passenger next to me found the same. The only meal I have ever had that was worse, in 40 years of being a frequent flying, was on Aeroflot in it's pre-reform days back in the early 80s. I'm talking full meals, not snacks served on shorter flights.

Singapore Airlines has always been great. Thai was once quite good but of late, they are horrendous. Mind you, it's one of the most economical and one of the few airlines offereing direct to Europe. Bring your own food. Don't eat their grub(s)!

they have to cut costs somewhere

only double or triple charge of a low cost airline

airplane food is <deleted>, if you fly cattle class, like I do

you better eat nothing, less toilet surprises the next days

oh I forgot , most people would die if they don't eat every 2-3 hours

just finished a 48 hour fast

14 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Name me another airline which fly's from Perth to Bangkok non stop

and I try that one

Same with Brussel to Bangkok, there is no other direct flight.

And stops in Dubai or other middle east towns, are also not prefarable.

I was the National Executive chef for Ansett Australia for International & Special catering needs based in Melbourne for 8 years.

I have flown Thai since 2002 -2017 that was the last time as the cabin service went down hill, food was substandard, Rude cabin Staff, Limited Drinks on a 8 hour flight to or from Australia. ( Cabin Staff Slept) if you woke them they had the <deleted>s on with you. since 2017 i refuse to fly with Thai and my employer also agrees.

Thai will never recover passengers take photos now and yes i have also sent photos to head office with no reply so the general public do not count.

There passenger numbers are down , Ageing Fleet, Rude Cabin Staff a recipe for disaster i think they only have a few more years left before the become insolvent.

13 hours ago, PJPom said:

Back in the seventies, Singapore for the F A’s , Thai for great service and food, Cathay for the reassurance of the British or Aussie Pilots.

Those were the choice airlines for most of us on our Europe escape, how things change, now the Gulf airlines dominate.

If you can afford it Singapore Airlines is still the best, but its not cheap!

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The company also clarified that for front row seats or “preferred seats”, THAI has a policy to allow passengers to pay more. All flight attendants comply with the rule that if a passenger does not reserve a preferred seat but sits in one, the attendants will ask the passenger to move back to the seat he/she booked.

So "allow" is Tinglish language for mandatory? And you gotta move back? Air Asia in Malaysia was super cool with me. I'm 6'3 and they let me sit in an empty VIP seat since it was empty. I love Thailand but Thai's are policy Nazis. Bending the rules (if it doesn't hurt anyone) can lead to customer satisfaction which in turn can lead to return business, positive feedback online, ect. Air Asia has bent their policies for me many times. I don't expect them to but they keep me as a customer because I know they got my back. I've even splurged on in flight meals with them as a result. People-helping-people is a beautiful thing. 

5 hours ago, bartender100 said:

I have not flown Thai for a while, but could not be any worse than the KLM Amsterdam-Bangkok-Amsterdam route, atrocious 

I never make choice for KLM, f.t.t.t. I have to visit the Netherlands but when I think about the rude security people on Schiphol, and the bad service of KLM, I prefer to make choice for Brussels.

But to mention Thai, there is also a huge and ridiculous price different when you booked and depart from Bangkok.

Last time I pay more than 46000thb, while a friend depart from Brussels pay €570.

Thai is crazy, and like to kick out there customers.

I've had about 35 return Perth Bangkok flights on Thai over the years. The food has been adequate on all occasions. The only time I had cause for complaint was one time when I felt something hard protruding into my back when I sat down. I called the flight attendant and she also felt it and agreed that something must be broken. She called the purser. He felt it and said it was nothing. I said that it was my back that would have to lean on it for 6 or 7 hours. His exact words were, 'bad luck'.

When I complained further, he said that if I wanted trouble that he could arrange for the police to meet me in Bangkok.  The flight attendant looked mortified. I complained to Thai airways and never even recieved a response. It doesn't matter waht happens, Thai Airways are totally incapable of accepting any responsibility, regardless of the circumstances. 

14 hours ago, CLS said:

THAI was once a good airline, many many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I agree, I flew Thai a long time ago but things have been slipping for a longtime, th whole set-up from top to "trolly-dollies" needs a serious overhaul.

This is how other airlines do it: 

At all costs, deny, deflect and obfuscate. Never, ever take responsibility for your actions. That is the Thai way. 

Taking responsibility for one's actions requires looking within for the source of the problem, introspection and contemplation. All Buddhist tenets, but none are Thai personality traits. 

Archived