THAI defends food service after passenger complains on Facebook

snoop1130

I tend to like EVA for longhaul.  I'll be using them again this year for North America to Europe via BKK. They seem to give me a few cm extra legroom till the next seat.

I am using Thai for the BKK to HKT hop but that is more about scheduling than price or loyalty.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last flight on Thai Airways several years ago was after an attendant burnt the back of my bare arm with the stainless steel hot coffee dispenser while jabbering to the passenger behind me and not keeping an eye on where the jug was and put it straight on to the back of my arm. When I yelled out in agony she actually got angry with me! She initially tried to brush it off as nothing and would not apologise and eventually after I let her have it did  she do it but it was through gritted teeth and had absolutely no sincerity, which is to be expected here. I have not stepped foot on another of their flights and I NEVER will! Typically useless in all respects which is really all you can guarantee! Compared to Singapore Air or Cathay Pacific they aren't anywhere near premium. The only thing "premium" about Thai Airways is their rediculous prices!

15 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Name me another airline which fly's from Perth to Bangkok non stop

and I try that one

Same with destinations in China, no choice if you want to fly at a reasonable hour.

4 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

My last flight on Thai Airways several years ago was after an attendant burnt the back of my bare arm with the stainless steel hot coffee dispenser while jabbering to the passenger behind me and not keeping an eye on where the jug was and put it straight on to the back of my arm. When I yelled out in agony she actually got angry with me! She initially tried to brush it off as nothing and would not apologise and eventually after I let her have it did  she do it but it was through gritted teeth and had absolutely no sincerity, which is to be expected here. I have not stepped foot on another of their flights and I NEVER will! Typically useless in all respects which is really all you can guarantee! Compared to Singapore Air or Cathay Pacific they aren't anywhere near premium. The only thing "premium" about Thai Airways is their rediculous prices!

All down to personal experience. I've flown many flights with Thai, to and from Europe, Japan, and Korea. Never had a bad experience. Flown economy and business. Both excellent food, service and attendants.

Flew once with Singapore Airlines many years ago. Business class from Indonesia. Got the worse case of food poisoning ever. Had to have injections at Changi medical center, and wheeled out to the Qantas flight by a policeman! Never flew with them since.

I was a regular passenger with Cathay Pacific in the 90's. Business class Manchester to HK. Excellent in all aspects. Flew with them from Bangkok to HK couple of years ago, again business class. Very disappointed. Poor food, unclean plane and totally uninterested lazy attendants. 

Having lived in Abu Dhabi I like Etihad. Qatar also very good although couple of bad experiences with them. Gulf have old planes and old attendants - but look after you superbly. 

But, it's all down to personal experience and taste. 

37 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

I never make choice for KLM, f.t.t.t. I have to visit the Netherlands but when I think about the rude security people on Schiphol, and the bad service of KLM, I prefer to make choice for Brussels.

But to mention Thai, there is also a huge and ridiculous price different when you booked and depart from Bangkok.

Last time I pay more than 46000thb, while a friend depart from Brussels pay €570.

Thai is crazy, and like to kick out there customers.

Totally agree. KLM worst business class ever for me. And economy short flights in Europe always seemed to have an issue. The KLM staff at Schiphol can be rude, indifferent and unhelpful. Eindhoven, a tiny airport, was so much better. Lovely people. Such a strange polarization.

All airlines charge different prices for the same route depending where you buy the ticket and which way you fly. Annoying but it is what it is.

Its been mentioned before and is still a very average service on Thai Airways. 

Actually its worse than ever.

The food IS not brilliant. 

The in flight service is average. 

You have to check the ticket codes to ensure that you are adequately covered for baggage allowance. 

I'm still silver level but was surprised that my last flight BKK to Melbourne only had 20 kg + 10kg status allowance. 

I was hit 7200 baht excess baggage. 

With a retort that I had been allowed 2kg over and only charged for 5kg.

If you have a carry on bag, it's either that or a laptop bag now.

Used to allow you to have a personal bag allowance, but I think that is gone also.

You are lucky to get a drink with the meal offered. 

Many flights only generate a percentage of the points. 

And they are by no means the cheapest operation to fly with.

They are consistent. 

Consistently average. 

I’m on the night flight to Manchester tonight via Fra with Thai , don’t remember if I flew with them before but not expecting much.

After all I only paid £166 + a handful of airmiles return in cattle class so give me a packet of peanuts and a glass of water and I’ll be set !!

16 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Name me another airline which fly's from Perth to Bangkok non stop

and I try that one

For me now AirAsia flys direct to Bangkok from Brisbane I previously took the Coolangatta to KL then KL to Bangkok 

10 minutes ago, Fireyfish said:

For me now AirAsia flys direct to Bangkok from Brisbane I previously took the Coolangatta to KL then KL to Bangkok 

Yes fair enough but from Perth is only Thai which fly to Bangkok

non stop, every other airline stops in Singapore or KL,

where you have to change planes and long waits at the airports.

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

The following statement says it all " ....... THAI has a policy to allow passengers to pay more.... " I, never ever, heard anything more arrogant than this statement with is most befitting to the rest of this flying club of corruption, inefficiency and cheating.
The pictorial proof of inflight "food" is something I would not even expect in a jail or as pet food. Since 1992, when Chatichai Boonya-Ananta turned 60 and was "invited" to retire as too many people did not like his professional, clear cut and Western-trained management style ....... the airline went down the toilet in free fall. 

Have not flown TG for more than ten years as there are considerably more professional alternatives as far as service, schedule, reliability or pricing is concerned. 

In closing I found a very philosophical statement by a fellow Thai passenger on Singapore Airlines last week mind-boggling, who claimed that "Thai Airways is a perfect mirror of the rest of the country" and hence does not reflect any surprises .......... 

Reminds me of years ago sitting in a telephone office in Naklua waiting my turn to apply for a telephone landline. A Thai fellow walked in and went up to the counter and had a lengthy conversation with the person at the counter. I could tell that the Thai gentlemen was getting frustrated with the counter person's responses and finally he gave up and came and sat down beside me. He looked at me, shrugged his shoulders and said:" T I T

This is Thailand" . I was shocked in hearing this coming from a Thai.

Problem is AirAsia flies from DMK and it's a biaaaattsch to get there & park when coming from the southeast. If it flew from swampy I'd take it any day over Thai.

Have to say I have flown thai international twice in the past 6 months and the food has been absolutely atrocious.

Grisly meat, tepid temperatures, and the deserts inedible.

At one time their food was passable ( in the non lavatory sense ).

Next time I will take my own food eg a fresh baguette

I fly with Thai airlines and Thai smiles, at least twice a month and I have never had bad food or bad service. American airline companies could learn a lot from them, but America Airlines companies only care about making money and to hell with the people flying with them

14 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Well I don't fly business class, because I am a pensioner but I can't

complain about the food served on Thai Airways, I fly from Perth to

Suvarnabhumi non stop with Thai which takes just over 6 hrs.

And i always had a decent meal, snacks, and drinks.

I have to agree with you WC13. Always fly Thai PER-BKK-PER, direct, cheap (if you book ahead, next trip in Nov $567 return) and the food that is served is ok. 

No complaints.

I completely stopped flying Thai, unless it's to some airports where there's no choice. In economy, especially, the food is pathetic, both quantity and quality. The alcohol they serve - I've never even heard of those brands, so eventually the only thing to do was drink beer. Almost all airlines are good in business class, but Thai is flying the old 747s, the seats don't go full lie flat there either. To add insult to injury, their prices are higher than other airlines!

4 hours ago, Tanlic said:

Do either of you even live in Thailand?. Seems to me you don't recognize กระเพราหมูสับไข่ดาวราดข้าว one of the most popular dishes served all over Thailand,

Anyone who knows anyone who works on the catering side on any Airway will tell you how high the standards are.

What an odd reply and odd statement back my way.

The food in that container, let me repeat, "In That Container" looks like scraps. I fly Thai airways domestically 30++ times a year using economy and doing business class and the food is just ok. Do not fly them internationally as cheaper companies to fly with, but I do like their service. The food probably is ok, but the appearance in that tin is not the most attractive.

As for high standards in airline food, yes and no. I have had some terrible food and even my kids threw up on one international flight with the nasty food. Will not mention the name of the airline but was horrendous on the 2 legs of the trip. I have had some food that was mediocre and then some ok and then to like wow award winning lick your finger style food. I was in the food industry and in development, and by the way my wife also has a Thai Restaurant and uses all quality ingredients and has a large following. 

I cook Thai food and also do the one in the picture and eat it about 4 times a month. I predominately 98% only eat Thai food and have been here a long long time

Do you want to show off writing Thai. Ok here it is English form: Put Grapow Moo sai Kai Dow.

Have a nice day.  

15 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Er.....what are you talking about?  Ever flown on them in business class?  Or economy?  In the last decade?

I just flew BKK to Jakarta business class this afternoon.  Check-in, security and immigration all done in about 5 minutes.  No airline does it as well as Thai anywhere.  Lounges are a bit rubbish, but just about acceptable.

Probably the most comfortable business class seat I've had in a while on the 787.  Great service, great food.  Starter, three choices of main, cheeses, dessert, and lashing of booze.  Really good service throughout, as Thai always does.  So your comment just looks petty and ridiculous.

Flying back business on an older A330 later in the week.  Cabin will be worse (not lie flat) but service and food will be good.

And I also fly them economy at least once a month.  Regionally they are as good as anyone (and I also fly on other airlines).  Food, service, it's fine.  Long haul, not for me - IFE not good enough and I'd rather go Emirates or another Middle Eastern carrier.  

I'd love to know when the last time you flew them in business was to qualify your comment, or when the last time you flew them economy was for that matter.  They did win Skytrax economy class of the year recently and that's because they are not that bad.

Because of their convenient schedule, I've had to fly Thai both in business and economy to New Delhi and Bombay, and believe me, I was not a happy bunny. 

Archived