THAI defends food service after passenger complains on Facebook

snoop1130

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Totally agree. KLM worst business class ever for me. And economy short flights in Europe always seemed to have an issue. The KLM staff at Schiphol can be rude, indifferent and unhelpful. Eindhoven, a tiny airport, was so much better. Lovely people. Such a strange polarization.

All airlines charge different prices for the same route depending where you buy the ticket and which way you fly. Annoying but it is what it is.

KLM business class New Delhi to Amsterdam was lie flat seats but so narrow, it was like being in a straight jacket. Emirates has wider seats but widest in business is Singapore.

24 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

I have to agree with you WC13. Always fly Thai PER-BKK-PER, direct, cheap (if you book ahead, next trip in Nov $567 return) and the food that is served is ok. 

No complaints.

Yes I booked for November as well, considering it is only about $100 more than the

budged airlines which take about 11-14 hours with long waits on connecting flights.

And on Thai you don't pay for baggage, food and drinks which you pay extra on the

budged airlines, at the end of the day it is really a better deal.

11 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Yes I booked for November as well, considering it is only about $100 more than the

budged airlines which take about 11-14 hours with long waits on connecting flights.

And on Thai you don't pay for baggage, food and drinks which you pay extra on the

budged airlines, at the end of the day it is really a better deal.

Exactly.

I'll be continuing to fly Thai out of Perth until such time another airline starts a direct service.

Another long-time frequent flyer here who is baffled by some of the ignorant comments in this thread. I fly weekly on a range of Star Alliance and Middle East carriers – usually in business, but I also do plenty of segments in economy (especially when bouncing around within Europe and the States). And I've been doing so for decades.  

TG is far above average by international standards – in terms of food, service and lounges. They often outperform SQ and BR, and are pretty much always better than LH (except on the lounge). TG is definitely better than anything in the States, including Jet Blue, Virgin, Alaskan and Hawaiian. I think ANA, Emirates and Qatar are generally better – but even their economy meals can fail to impress.  

The biggest legitimate gripes, IMO, are TG's pricing, award-seat availability and total lack of perks for people with status. (Even the catastrophe that is United will automatically upgrade until the front of plane is full...). Their management, from a financial perspective, doesn't seem great. And it's an embarrassment that they have to use so many busses to terminals at their own airport. They have problems – but the food is fine.

I understand that this forum is dedicated to pillorying everything about Thailand – but TG isn't that bad. I doubt any of your flag-carriers could come close to beating the service standards...

18 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Name me another airline which fly's from Perth to Bangkok non stop

and I try that one

Sorry, White Christmas, but just another dream at the moment. ???? Personally, I would take an indirect flight with any other airline rather than THAI. They’re shocking!

21 minutes ago, AjarnMartin said:

Sorry, White Christmas, but just another dream at the moment. ???? Personally, I would take an indirect flight with any other airline rather than THAI. They’re shocking!

I have used Thai for the past 3 years from Perth and there

is nothing wrong with them, and I had always good food

and 5 to 9 hrs faster than any of the budget airlines.

For a short period some time ago, Thai tested out their then new A380s on the BKK-HKG route at bargain prices. It was enough to tempt me back. The seat space was bad (on an A380!) and for the first time ever I returned the food selection as it was pretty bad. For this route there are always alternatives and now I don't even consider Thai when booking. Other than the guys from Perth, what's the point?

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well that‘s what TG serves you in First. And YES it was as dry and tasteless as it looked. I rather fly an airline because of the convenience and their direct flights, not because of their food. 

I just can speak for their Europe routes. But whoever has experienced a stop in Dubai, Doha etc in the middle of the night, values non-stop routes and a good sleep over some food service.

B1C69276-B3D0-4065-8A74-AD8283FC0B72.jpeg

As well as Perth THAI until recently was the only one flying direct to Brisbane, done it numerous times, never a problem. The alternative was Air ASIA to KL then Gold Coast - a big hassle for me plus KL is a crappy airport. Now Air Asia flies direct to Brisbane - probably from Don Muang, even crappier airport. They are much worse, and if you are happy with one of the flight attendants spending most of her time in with the pilots go for it. And I'm not going by Singapore Manila or HK and spending up to 20 hours for an 8 hour flight. If people here are happy to do that just to stay on the kick anything Thai bandwagon good luck to em

When I go on a long haul flight I eat at airport restaurant, because most airlines serve you <deleted> food.

Thai airways say 10 years back served excellent food but not anymore. However there is a few airlines there can surprise your eyes and your stomach like Turkish airways.

1 hour ago, pathologix said:

I understand that this forum is dedicated to pillorying everything about Thailand – but TG isn't that bad. I doubt any of your flag-carriers could come close to beating the service standards...

I got no complaints about Finnair. Works, food is ok, lounges in HEL are good. Ok well the service is close to retirement age but they are efficient. Not a single thing with TG has been better. 

Anyway I opt for Singapore airlines when travelling outwards. Their service is also efficient and works. TG service is .. as they say up in the arctic .. like a bear shot in the <deleted>.

5 hours ago, bluesea said:

I was the National Executive chef for Ansett Australia for International & Special catering needs based in Melbourne for 8 years.

I have flown Thai since 2002 -2017 that was the last time as the cabin service went down hill, food was substandard, Rude cabin Staff, Limited Drinks on a 8 hour flight to or from Australia. ( Cabin Staff Slept) if you woke them they had the <deleted>s on with you. since 2017 i refuse to fly with Thai and my employer also agrees.

Thai will never recover passengers take photos now and yes i have also sent photos to head office with no reply so the general public do not count.

There passenger numbers are down , Ageing Fleet, Rude Cabin Staff a recipe for disaster i think they only have a few more years left before the become insolvent.

I remember flying Ansett Sydney to Tokyo in Business Class, great flight, on board chef and great food (congratulations).  Was a sad day when it all fell apart.

2 hours ago, Ridler said:

That food in the tin is pad krapow moo, chopped pork with basil, rice and an egg: the most popular dish served in Thailand, everywhere you go people eat this dish or with chicken. 

Its what I had on Thai, flying from UK yesterday.

It was tidily presented (I suspect the photo was taken after the passenger had pushed it around a bit) and tasted fine.

Happily it was not as spicy as in Terra Thailand so my "farmers" survived intact.

The performance of the flight attendants was as good as the best of any of the other carriers I have used in the last 10 years.

The overall experience was better than the only other Royal Thai flight I took, 9 years ago.

PS There was absolutely nobody in the immigration queue, I breezed through on my undisputed METV, the rail link took me swiftly to Phaya Thai, a taxi properly used the meter while delivering me to Mochit, from where the Ist class bus left shortly after and took me (without being driven dangerously or crashing) to the gateway of the NE in no time at all.

Possibly the easiest/best UK-Winter Home transit I have ever had.

One must also remember that 25 years ago their customers were not so unruly, obnoxious,

misbehaven, unshaven, stinking body odour, refuse to take their seat & most spoke English.

I would not like the cabin crews job today (did it for 3 years )

20 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Like everything else in Thailand: varies from good to terrible.

When I fly with THAI, I always bring my own sandwiches, somethimes the other passengers envy me, sometimes I throw them in a bin upon arrival.

Even though every airline has a policy about no "Carry On" food and/or drinks.

thai airways not a company I would use again after being treated terribly several years ago.... found them to be rude and the food poor,since then I’ve always flown by Eva air who are without doubt the best airline I’ve flown with.... that said when in Thailand always use Thai smile nothing do with Thai airways luckily...... 

1 minute ago, Steve Vincent said:

thai airways not a company I would use again after being treated terribly several years ago.... found them to be rude and the food poor,since then I’ve always flown by Eva air who are without doubt the best airline I’ve flown with.... that said when in Thailand always use Thai smile nothing do with Thai airways luckily...... 

Er......Thai Smile is wholly owned by Thai Airways.

7 minutes ago, Steve Vincent said:

Umm  yes it is, check your facts.

Dudes, don't complain.  I used to fly Thai from Kunming to Bangkok several times a year.  At check-in they would ask passengers to step on the luggage scale.

Actually a good idea.  If you have to pay extra for overweight baggage, maybe people with a healthy BMI should pay less than those with an overly-high BMI.

(Airline) food for thought...

Archived