Bread Making Machine -recommendations?

LukKrueng

Hi all,

I found this thread from 2 years ago but it seems closed for replies...

On that old thread 3 brands were mentioned namely:

Homemate brand from Verasu - found their website, seems they have 4 models ranging from 2990 to 5990 THB
moulinex bread machine - Can't find an outlet in Thailand..
Morries 19 in 1 bread machine - Found on Lazada for 4590 THB

As it's been 2 years since the last posting on that older thread, I wonder if there any new recommendations for brand / price / service / spare parts.

Thanks ????

I did all the research sometime ago and the only one to buy is a Panasonic. About 7000 baht + though. Most of those Lazada ones are rubbish.

If you have a decent mixer and a kneading hook, or dont mind kneading by hand PM me and Ill give you a simple step by step no fail bread recipe. Makes two huge soft / crusty loaves for the price of a kilo flour. I dont even use bread tins anymore just put the two loaves on a pizza tray. Ull need an oven of course

• 2 months later...

Bread makers are okay and I had one for years, but I think if you have a decent mixer it’s pretty darn easy, particularly if you want to make enough dough for ten loaves, and freeze it. Thaw a loaf overnight and bake it in the morning. 

You can use the same dough for pizza too. 

The key is having a strong mixer with a big bowl and solid hook. 

My mom baked bread almost everyday for four kids. We always thought it was a treat to get store-bought bread.  

• Like 1

I had a bread mixer, used it about 4 times, bit of a novelty at first, but you soon get fed up making bread every day. As someone said a good mixer is far better, I can make bread with a mixer and it will last me two weeks, with a bread machine bake every day a loaf with a big hole in the bottom of it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Bread makers are awesome. No worries running out of bread, buying too much bread, or freshness of what you have. So easy, just drop in the ingredients and press the button can take only seconds of your day. Nearly no dishes to wash save maybe a measuring spoon and a cup. You choose the quality ingredients and recipes you like and no preservatives for a healthier, best tasting loaf. Set the timer to be ready at meal time to have the aroma of fresh bread baking and fresh out of the oven bread on the table is perfection. Buy a Japanese brand with a 5 star rating and should last at least a few decades. These days no need to go anywhere to buy as it is easy to find such things online.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Mine is still working.

No problems, makes great bread and pizza dough.

I also make yogurt in it.

I ended up buying an oven. Although I don't have the option of automatic bread making, I can (and) use it for many things other than baking bread...

Why would you use a bread making machine to make yogurt? I just heat the milk to about 70-80c, wait for it to cool to about 35-40c, add 2 spoons of yogurt (for 2 liters of milk), rap it in a towel and that's it...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

I ended up buying an oven. Although I don't have the option of automatic bread making, I can (and) use it for many things other than baking bread...

Why would you use a bread making machine to make yogurt? I just heat the milk to about 70-80c, wait for it to cool to about 35-40c, add 2 spoons of yogurt (for 2 liters of milk), rap it in a towel and that's it...

Because I've already got it, and the results are more consistent.

No need to heat anything, 2 spoons of active yogurt and leave on the table overnight.

The bread-maker just keeps the yogurt at the best temperature.

On 5/30/2020 at 4:08 PM, canopy said:

Bread makers are awesome. No worries running out of bread, buying too much bread, or freshness of what you have. So easy, just drop in the ingredients and press the button can take only seconds of your day. Nearly no dishes to wash save maybe a measuring spoon and a cup. You choose the quality ingredients and recipes you like and no preservatives for a healthier, best tasting loaf. Set the timer to be ready at meal time to have the aroma of fresh bread baking and fresh out of the oven bread on the table is perfection. Buy a Japanese brand with a 5 star rating and should last at least a few decades. These days no need to go anywhere to buy as it is easy to find such things online.

I had a Panasonic breadmaker in NZ, and it was great and I had great fun in trying all sorts of breads with just about every flour, seed and grain imaginable, this to try and make a "healthy" loaf – – and of course the great smell which would emanate from the thing and waft upstairs, first thing in the morning, was brilliant.

Just one thing to watch out for......I used to have quite a few dinner parties at my place, sampling some lovely wines, and often, far too much/many of them. So when all the guests had gone I would get the breadmaker out and start adding the ingredients, but there were quite a few times when I was so keen on getting all the ingredients in that I forgot to add the yeast, aided of course by the surfeit of red wine!!

In the morning I would traipse downstairs, complete with hangover, and look forward to some lovely warm tasty bread, only to discover that sitting in the bottom of the breadmaker was something akin to, and as solid as, a house brick!!

Such a shame and a huge disappointment and I swear that if I had dropped it on my foot I would have broken a bone. 

• Haha 1

I've done that too. Over time you memorize the recipes and just put everything in and it's possible to forget something. What I did to resolve this is count the ingredients at the end. So if a recipe needs 6 ingredients I'll just make sure everything I put in adds up to 6 then press start knowing it's all in there.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've tried many solutions including bread-makers.  The problem is that my wife eats very little bread and I neither want to eat a whole loaf in one day nor day-old bread.  The solution is pita bread.  I make up the dough according to one of the youtube videos.  Then for lunch I roll out two 58 gram pieces of dough flat, pop them into a preheated 230 C oven and then I have fresh, hot bread for my lunch.  The dough keeps for at least a week in the fridge and tastes better with age.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cmarshall said:

I've tried many solutions including bread-makers.  The problem is that my wife eats very little bread and I neither want to eat a whole loaf in one day nor day-old bread.  The solution is pita bread.  I make up the dough according to one of the youtube videos.  Then for lunch I roll out two 58 gram pieces of dough flat, pop them into a preheated 230 C oven and then I have fresh, hot bread for my lunch.  The dough keeps for at least a week in the fridge and tastes better with age.

Why not freeze the bread after you've taken the required amount, you put fresh bread in a freezer it will defrost fresh. I have 3 loaves and 10 bread cakes (homemade) in the freezer at the moment and I know they will be fresh when defrosted. Just make sure you wrap them in a plastic bag so they are air tightish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Why not freeze the bread after you've taken the required amount, you put fresh bread in a freezer it will defrost fresh. I have 3 loaves and 10 bread cakes (homemade) in the freezer at the moment and I know they will be fresh when defrosted. Just make sure you wrap them in a plastic bag so they are air tightish.

Frozen is not fresh.

23 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Frozen is not fresh.

I buy fresh bread from a Vietnam shop, put most of it in the freezer, it thaws out as fresh bread.

Anyhooo, if they froze you, on thawing you would look and taste lovely and fresh.......????

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have been making bread , 2lb loaves, since the early 90's and continued to do so here, have always kept them in a Big C sealable plastic bag that is kept in the fridge it is still fine after 4-5 days.

Have had problems since my the old bread maker I brought with me expired, the first from Robinson had a penchant to make a load bang 45 mins through the program and after returning it to Cuizimate they said that was normal! It lasted a few years until the drive from the motor broke, as a result and they are no longer available in Thailand. Then I tried a HOM 264401 from Verasu that initially created a strong disgusting smell that permeated everywhere and the bread too, yuk, and it did not rise as much as expected. Verasu replaced the baking tin which cured the stench but it still didn't rise as it should have. Then after a couple of months the bread only came halfway up the tin on one occasion then next time it wasn't fully baked with one half angled down at 45 degrees! Still trying to get Verasu to honour their warranty but getting nowhere fast!

Asked the owner of a local supplier of kitchen appliances about them and he said if you buy it from us it will come from Lazada!!