what to do when your ex-wife does not follow a court (divorce) order ?

justin case

what to do when your ex-wife does not follow a court (divorce) order ?

what are the options ?

go to police to complain for a

MISDEMEANOR ?

Section 368. Refusal to Abide ?

or is that only to listen to orders of a "police" officer or any officer, like a court officer or a judgement of ... a judge / court ?

I feel your pain. I had an ex absolute nightmare. No fear of the law etc. Even broke into my house and nearly turned that around to where I was in the wrong. Not sure what the issue is but you need a lawyer in my opinion to direct the police and let them know you mean business. Otherwise she'll be lying through her teeth, accusinh you of all sorts of stuff and may even turn the tables on u where she is the victim. If she has signed some agreement with you or has been directed by a court and breaks it generally its gaol time

and I was thinking when I said , court order, that it might ring a bell, that I already had a lawyer, as otherwise how can stop non speaking farang get anything done in this country...

100.000 baht is the lawyer fee , without any guarantee or result for a new case, already coughed up 130.000 baht where I got a <deleted>ty agreement that EX now is not following after she already got about everything possible.

there seem to be no problem is the Thai is not following a court order, I can imagine what they do with a farang not following

7 hours ago, justin case said:

and I was thinking when I said , court order, that it might ring a bell, that I already had a lawyer, as otherwise how can stop non speaking farang get anything done in this country...

100.000 baht is the lawyer fee , without any guarantee or result for a new case, already coughed up 130.000 baht where I got a <deleted>ty agreement that EX now is not following after she already got about everything possible.

there seem to be no problem is the Thai is not following a court order, I can imagine what they do with a farang not following

My motto here in Thailand is simple...never to spend anything more than I cannot afford to walk away from....maybe too late in your case but why throw more money away,Thai courts nearly always lean towards Thai,s......cut your losses unless you have very deep pockets :thumbsup:

You have been asked several times what it is that your ex-wife is doing or is not doing that she is required by court order to do or refrain from doing. The answer as to what your "options" are will depend on the seriousness of the claimed "offense" that she is committing. I should think that is obvious. If the purpose of your mild rant was to get it off of your chest, make you feel better, and receive feelings of commiseration/support, you have done that. If you want some possibly helpful advice, you need to explain in reasonable detail (1) what the court order requires (when was the court order issued?) and (2) what is your ex-wife doing (or not doing) in violation of the court order.  If you can't lay that out here, then tell your lawyer and let him/her try to sort it out. "Guessing" where legal rights are concerned is a foolish and generally unhelpful game to play... But, posting questions like this, even if properly explained, in a public forum, isn't a whole lot better. So, I hope that it did make you feel better about the situation... :jap:

Move to another city, new sim, new email. 

That's how Thai guys do it, and it costs nothing in legal or court fees. 

Generally women don't obey court orders in any country in the world, and get away with it. Expecting it to be different in thailand is an exercise in futility. 

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If the OP is similarly situated to the majority of "Thai guys" -- no job, no house, no car, no bank account or other assets -- then running away and disappearing (especially if he can "work" any new location as a motorcycle taxi driver) will likely work just fine. If he has more than that, especially if some of it is stationary/fixed to the ground, it might be a lot more difficult to vanish to Nakon Nowhere. Life and love in Thailand is never so easy, except perhaps for the hoards of deadbeat young Thai males.... 

34 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Generally women don't obey court orders in any country in the world, and get away with it. Expecting it to be different in thailand is an exercise in futility. 

"Generally women don't obey court orders in any country in the world, and get away with it."

What are you talking about? You think any common woman in the western world can neglect a court order,and get away with it? Stop watching crappy movies, please. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Very true.

But if a guy does it an APB goes out and he is tossed in jail.

17 hours ago, Thailaw said:

If the OP is similarly situated to the majority of "Thai guys" -- no job, no house, no car, no bank account or other assets -- then running away and disappearing (especially if he can "work" any new location as a motorcycle taxi driver) will likely work just fine. If he has more than that, especially if some of it is stationary/fixed to the ground, it might be a lot more difficult to vanish to Nakon Nowhere. Life and love in Thailand is never so easy, except perhaps for the hoards of deadbeat young Thai males.... 

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You have never heard of 'Contempt of court ' An imprisonable offence? Where do you get the silly idea that women in most countries are above the law and ignore court orders?

17 hours ago, Max69xl said:

"Generally women don't obey court orders in any country in the world, and get away with it."

What are you talking about? You think any common woman in the western world can neglect a court order,and get away with it? Stop watching crappy movies, please. 

really?

lets me elaborate about my friend from US: the guy had full custody of their child and court order for ex for paying child support. Ok. Simple. 18 years later chick didn't bother to pay one lousy dollar despite judge order. Yes-very advanced country called USA.

15 minutes ago, olfu said:

really?

lets me elaborate about my friend from US: the guy had full custody of their child and court order for ex for paying child support. Ok. Simple. 18 years later chick didn't bother to pay one lousy dollar despite judge order. Yes-very advanced country called USA.

I've got this friend in Uzbekistan who...……......This is a THAILAND forum! ????

already divorced by mutual agreement

she got the houses (15+ million baht)

I got the right on paper to live in one, raise my daughter

By court agreement, she is supposed to provide me, you know, papers for TM30, TM7 ... signed Id card, signed blue book, original birht certificate, etc... so I could, well ... get an extension so I could raise my daughter in one of the houses I help pay for...

do a runner ? move ? 

I'm not 50, still will need signed copies to apply for a visa based of being a parent of a Thai child...

that kind of things

rather important, would you not think

so the : why get married ? I was married with the ex in my home country where my child was born, but sadly, my country gave my ex-wife FULL citizenship after 2 years of doing and proving exactly nothing, so my embassy does <deleted> as they prefer to do nothing at all as you need approval of both parents for about anything...

try to apply at immigration for a visa, without TM30, signed copy of Id card, original birth certificate...

if there is an agent that can obtain that, I would be gladly to pay

but in case you don't know, that kind of visa, you & your child has to be present

If your ex wife is subject to a Court order that requires that she signs papers, and she will not sign then you will have to pay to take the matter back to Court.

There is no other option as nobody can force her to sign anything. A judge cannot force her to sign either, but a judge can punish her for not signing if they wish.

Archived