Tracked UK Post Stolen?

richiejom

Had a Royal Mail Tracked parcel sent from the UK on the 16th of Sept, usually the tracked ones make it here fine within 4-7 days.  Only the Untracked ones get nicked/arrive months later. 

This time the Royal mail website shows nothing about it leaving at Heathrow but it's showing in the Thaipost website, I can't tell if it's been lost in the UK or Thailand.   It has my Coinbase(Bitcoin Debit card/+ UK simcards in it)  scared it might have been nicked.  Usually parents put debit cards inside a CD case to throw thieves off, but don't think they bothered with this one.

Royalmail say 24th of Oct to my rents before can claim, I was told by a lady on the phone 21st and sorry it looks like a 'technology issue' (not technical) ...standards of Royal Mail gone right down hill seems like they employ morons. Cost my mother nearly 10 quid,  they told her if its in Thailand it's out of their hands but they are going to have to prove it left the UK coz I'm not gonna let them get away with it. It usually says Heathrow on RoyalMail site, according to this it never left Cardiff...bunch of...

Updated on: Monday 16 September

1. 09:07pm
    Item Despatched to Royal Mail site Cardiff Mail Centre

All that shows on Thaipost is this and I noticed Thaipost page design has changed recently:

16/09/2562 13:19 น.ต่างประเทศ (สหราชอาณาจักร)รับฝาก

09.16.2562 13:19 hrs.  International (UK) deposit.

No other movements on Thaipost for 3 weeks, I've emailed them

Edited by richiejom

Last month this is has happened to me and rm said I could not cliam for weeks, but after 21 days it arrived, you are right normally 1 week, I was worried when it was not tracking on thai website, when it appeared I was more relieved, like you I had my uk replacement cards, I found out it had gone to Finland and they redirected to Thailand, I have found that the new thai website tracking is off/poor even picked things up which was not tracking from the post office as I use a po box too, I hope yours arrive soon too.

32 minutes ago, baggies666 said:

I found out it had gone to Finland and they redirected to Thailand

And how clear was the address? Showing "THAILAND" in the last line?

And the postal code above?

A few months I had case of a letter from Germany that was addressed to:  0 KHON KAEN :saai:

No country, no proper postal code. Took 7 weeks or so.

A

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thaipost responded quickly to my email saying its not arrived in Thailand. I'm inclined to believe Thaipost as Royal Mail didn't even update their tracking to say Heathrow...bunch of idiots

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

A few months I had case of a letter from Germany that was addressed to:  0 KHON KAEN :saai:

They always put Thailand in capitals, receipt says Thailand

1 hour ago, richiejom said:

but it's showing in the Thaipost website,

Yes, but Thai text only saying that it has been accepted at UK mail.

No indication that it has moved (brought on the way) to Thailand.

Edited by KhunBENQ

30 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes, but Thai text only saying that it has been accepted at UK mail.

No indication that it has moved (brought on the way) to Thailand.

thats what I just said, its obviously been lost in the UK...its not even in Thailand

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes cleary last line, I use a mail forwarding company and its been fine for years, just this one last month went missing for a while, if it had not been registered prob never would of seen it again.

5 hours ago, richiejom said:

Thaipost responded quickly to my email saying its not arrived in Thailand. I'm inclined to believe Thaipost as Royal Mail didn't even update their tracking to say Heathrow...bunch of idiots

My reading and understanding of the term- International Deposit- means your letter was accepted at the UK postal service but has not moved at all since 16 September.

If the letter was registered- it will slow it down  as it has to be signed by someone in the postal systeem each time it  moves forward.

The Track and Trace Service in Thailand will show  a letter being accepted at any foreign postal office.  The next  movement should show date and time  moving to the airport and then dispatched  forward.

It looks to me as if this letter has never left the UK.  When I get mail dispatched registered from California- it does take about 21 days- as for some reason it first goes through a security check and then the onward processing.   When I get mail sent simply airmail with no registration it takes 7 -10 days.    I would go back to the place it was first registered with the tracking number and ask for status.

I agree, Royal Mail should take the name Royal out of its title and just be BSA Mail.

I have had four parcels go missing non delivered and or lost or stolen in UK or Thailand within the last four months.

Thai post really do try to help with tracing but not so royal mail.

I will only use a pricey courier from the uk now.

5 hours ago, richiejom said:

thats what I just said, its obviously been lost in the UK...its not even in Thailand

had a parcel from the UK to Thailand. Royal mail were very helpful, sent the parcel to Taiwan then it was redirected from Taiwan to Thailand and Royal mail would not talk to me about it as i had not posted the item

15 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I trust the Thai postal service more than the UK postal service. 

I think there is a similar problem with the Australian Postal service, I sent a registered letter containing nothing of value in early September to Brisbane, tracked it leaving Thailand and has not arrived.

Sent another one to Sydney about three weeks ago exactly the same situation.

I have never had anything not arrive in Thailand particularly using EMS

• 1 month later...