Chinese woman, 60, struck down by motorbike on busy Wiset Rd

webfact

Chinese woman, 60, struck down by motorbike on busy Wiset Rd

By The Phuket News

1570507647_1-org.jpgThe 60-year-old Chinese woman suffered injuries to her forehead and bruising to her face. Photo: Saranyou Hassanai

PHUKET: Police have yet to decide whether any charges will be pressed against a Thai woman after the motorbike she was riding struck a 60-year-old Chinese woman on the busy Wiset Rd in Rawai yesterday (Oct 7).

The Chinese woman was among five tourists crossing the road in front of the Rawai Princess Hotel when the 60-year-woman was struck by the motorbike at about 10:20am, reported Capt Weerayuth Thanyasirisukworakul of the Chalong Police.

The Chinese woman, who Capt Weerayuth did not name, suffered cuts on her forehead and bruising on the left side of her face.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-woman-60-struck-down-by-motorbike-on-busy-wiset-rd-73172.php#cjDcRVtcEAmFSZab.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-10-08

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police have yet to decide whether any charges will be pressed against a Thai woman after the motorbike she was riding struck a 60-year-old Chinese woman on the busy Wiset Rd in Rawai yesterday

Yeah it must be terribly hard to decide!

Wait, I got it! Just ask 3 questions:

Was there traffic lights where the woman was crossing, and was the light green?

Was it white lines where the woman was crossing, and was she already out in the street and the motorbike going too quick?

Was the chinese woman jay walking?

I guess that would be enough.

2 hours ago, Oztruckie said:

Extremely easy to do when coming from a country where traffic comes from yr left instead against a country  where traffic comes from yr right,I nearly got cleaned up in the US in this way,just a moment of not concentrating.lol

Exactly 100% correct Oztruckie.....It took me a while to get used to as it's the same in Canada of course!!  I have had relatives visit too and it's the first thing I tell them.....it's "right/left" not "left/right"!!

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah it must be terribly hard to decide!

Wait, I got it! Just ask 3 questions:

Was there traffic lights where the woman was crossing, and was the light green?

Was it white lines where the woman was crossing, and was she already out in the street and the motorbike going too quick?

Was the chinese woman jay walking?

I guess that would be enough.

None of the above would make any difference to a Thai rider/driver... if you're in the road you're a target !

17 hours ago, mushroomdave said:

Exactly 100% correct Oztruckie.....It took me a while to get used to as it's the same in Canada of course!!  I have had relatives visit too and it's the first thing I tell them.....it's "right/left" not "left/right"!!

Here it is necessary to look both ways even if it is a one-way street.  Then, having done that,  the prudent thing to do would be to go to the nearest pedestrian overpass being very, very careful to dodge the motorcycles on the sidewalks.

Archived