Pattaya: Young woman dies after hitting stopped truck with no lights

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am beginning to suspect the Thais nationwide are infected by a virus in their brains that made them lose their fear of death.

So they exposed themselves to all kinds of dangers. The little dark crabs being pounded and mixed into their tom tam carry these viruses apart from hepatitis.

These little crabs eat the feces of sick people infected by Typhoid, Aids, etc.,

8 hours ago, overherebc said:

Anyone among the great auto-electrical minds out there know the difference between an alternater and a generator.

Try this.

A generator produces electricity juat by turning it.

The alternator needs a voltage applied plus turning it to produce electricity. 

To quote your own words to the great auto-electrical mind behind this comment, perhaps the truck has a generator.  But you were wrong to pompously castigate me for my comment, even if it has an alternator, unless your 'great auto-electrical mind' thinks that an alternator doesn't have to be belt driven, i.e. belt powered, while it is being excited.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

To quote your own words to the great auto-electrical mind behind this comment, perhaps the truck has a generator.  But you were wrong to pompously castigate me for my comment, even if it has an alternator, unless your 'great auto-electrical mind' thinks that an alternator doesn't have to be belt driven, i.e. belt powered, while it is being excited.

Your reading isn't too good either. I said minds, that's plural not singular. Stop being so sad and confused. ????????

wgdanson come off your high horse you know yourself there is too much of stopping of trucks just where they they want without another care for road users.  The driver of the truck was oblivious to the danger he was causing other road road users he was parked wide away from the kerb with no lights. He was clearly obstructing a carriageway you you danson

On 10/8/2019 at 12:57 PM, transam said:

Seems to me the road has street lights and the bike has got a head light.

How can they blame a broken down truck...????

Are you a Thai National?

15 hours ago, Postmaster said:

wgdanson come off your high horse you know yourself there is too much of stopping of trucks just where they they want without another care for road users.  The driver of the truck was oblivious to the danger he was causing other road road users he was parked wide away from the kerb with no lights. He was clearly obstructing a carriageway you you danson

I am not on any high horse as you put it. I totally agree with you that many drivers, truck, bus or car, park and drive without any regard for others, but in this case I merely stated that this particular truck was not parked unsafely, albeit with no lights for some reason. Plenty of reflective material on the back, as far over to the left as he could and not wide away as you say. The first of the motorcycles got past it OK as it is a three lane road. The second did not.

Sorry about your stuttering!

16 hours ago, Postmaster said:

Rubbish.....????

On 10/8/2019 at 1:24 PM, riclag said:

Three red triangle warning signs placed  100 feet behind the truck,

would of given fair warning. This driver should be fired and charged with neglect with possible manslaughter charges. No need for the truck engine  running

image.jpeg.b73c3b8ad4b11f2d0495d61dc7b64935.jpeg

Except here it's a couple of tree branches in the road

On 10/8/2019 at 6:57 PM, hotchilli said:

In a diesel engine a battery is solely used to power the glow plugs and turn the starter motor.
Once the engine is running it fires by compression not electronic ignition of any kind. ( so saying he had to stop because of a battery fault is unlikely as his engine would continue running normally)

if the cam belt was slipping it would not charge the battery properly but an indicator light on the dashboard will tell the driver of low amps or similar.. but the engine would continue running so no need to stop, he could continue to his destination, even if the belt was slipping enough power would be generated to keep the lights working... 

Just to quote the post again... the driver said he had battery trouble... not alternator/belt trouble.

If the cam belt which is a toothed type belt to maintain the camshaft to crankshaft timing slips you got more problems then a dead battery

9 minutes ago, overherebc said:
1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

"I said minds, that's plural not singular".

Yes, so what's your point?  My comment stands.

It means I wasn't picking you out. I don't like making you more sad and confused. ????????

"Anyone among the great auto-electrical minds..." 

That is what you said and you accompanied it with a quote of my comment so you, very clearly, were referring to me.

Archived