Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

What is the difference between a 1 year multiple entry visa based on marriage and a extension of stay based on marriage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

What is the difference between a 1 year multiple entry visa based on marriage and a extension of stay based on marriage?

A multiple entry non-o visa can only be issued by a embassy or consulate and only allows 90 day entries.

A extension of stay is issued by immigration and allows you to stay for one year without leaving unless you want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

What is the difference between a 1 year multiple entry visa based on marriage and a extension of stay based on marriage?

As said above - but another point is that the extension of stay for a married foreign man requires financial proof but the multi entry visa may not (depending on where obtained).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that they are so busy. In Hanoi last week, I saw very few other applicants (three when applying and none when I picked up my passport the next day).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Interesting that they are so busy. In Hanoi last week, I saw very few other applicants (three when applying and none when I picked up my passport the next day).

For what type of visa?  HCMC has easy access and is one of the few in area that issues for marriage without financials so that likely accounts for a fair number of visitors.

 

Seems you received tourist visa from another post.

Edited by lopburi3
answer visa type question after search
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Interesting that they are so busy. In Hanoi last week, I saw very few other applicants (three when applying and none when I picked up my passport the next day).

Hanoi don't do ME Non 'o' for marriage.

(as far as I know)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

For what type of visa?  HCMC has easy access and is one of the few in area that issues for marriage without financials so that likely accounts for a fair number of visitors.

 

Seems you received tourist visa from another post.

Correct. If most of those applicants were there for a visa based on marriage, it certainly makes sense that they went to HCMC instead of Hanoi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

HI. I read in the requirements for HCMC visa based on visiting spouse they require certified copies of wife's Thai ID and Tabien Bahn. Can the local police station certify them?
 

Your wife certifies them by signing and dating the copies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

HI. I read in the requirements for HCMC visa based on visiting spouse they require certified copies of wife's Thai ID and Tabien Bahn. Can the local police station certify them?

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

They mean self-certified by your wife (3rd party certification is not necessary).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your wife signs them and the copy of marriage certificate - they also want a short letter/signed from your wife that asking for visa to be issued to visit her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...