HCMC Thai consulate today

2 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

What is the difference between a 1 year multiple entry visa based on marriage and a extension of stay based on marriage?

A multiple entry non-o visa can only be issued by a embassy or consulate and only allows 90 day entries.

A extension of stay is issued by immigration and allows you to stay for one year without leaving unless you want to.

10 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

What is the difference between a 1 year multiple entry visa based on marriage and a extension of stay based on marriage?

As said above - but another point is that the extension of stay for a married foreign man requires financial proof but the multi entry visa may not (depending on where obtained).  

14 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Interesting that they are so busy. In Hanoi last week, I saw very few other applicants (three when applying and none when I picked up my passport the next day).

For what type of visa?  HCMC has easy access and is one of the few in area that issues for marriage without financials so that likely accounts for a fair number of visitors.

Seems you received tourist visa from another post.

Edited by lopburi3
answer visa type question after search
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Interesting that they are so busy. In Hanoi last week, I saw very few other applicants (three when applying and none when I picked up my passport the next day).

Hanoi don't do ME Non 'o' for marriage.

(as far as I know)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

For what type of visa?  HCMC has easy access and is one of the few in area that issues for marriage without financials so that likely accounts for a fair number of visitors.

Seems you received tourist visa from another post.

Correct. If most of those applicants were there for a visa based on marriage, it certainly makes sense that they went to HCMC instead of Hanoi.

1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

HI. I read in the requirements for HCMC visa based on visiting spouse they require certified copies of wife's Thai ID and Tabien Bahn. Can the local police station certify them?

Your wife certifies them by signing and dating the copies.

1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

HI. I read in the requirements for HCMC visa based on visiting spouse they require certified copies of wife's Thai ID and Tabien Bahn. Can the local police station certify them?

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They mean self-certified by your wife (3rd party certification is not necessary).

HI. Thanks for all the advice. I am going to HCMC this week and was hoping for another answer. I was sure in the past I read you had to provide a bank statement to show you had sufficient funds to live for the 90 days.(I know they don't ask for 400000b ). I have looked up their website and couldn't find anything about it.

9 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

HI. Thanks for all the advice. I am going to HCMC this week and was hoping for another answer. I was sure in the past I read you had to provide a bank statement to show you had sufficient funds to live for the 90 days.(I know they don't ask for 400000b ). I have looked up their website and couldn't find anything about it.

They don't ask for bank statement for non-o based on marriage at HCMC. 

Edited by Tayaout