Big problem with same dog coming into the village

Khon Kaen Jeff

5 days now, same dog, no matter how many times it gets booted out it just keeps coming back, I wouldn't mind so much but it makes a load of noise and at night too and upsets other dogs in the village. I'm not sure if it's a stray or has a home as earlier a woman come to collect it but didn't speak a word of the queen's..anyhow several hours later back it comes, never seen anything like this before.

Any clue on how to get rid of this thing, I mean without literally running after it picking it up and strangling it to death? The thing is ruining my days and night and has to be culled..cheers

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

What a country when a dog has move rights than humans..must be 50 people in this village yet the dog wins the day. Staggering.

Just a nod, if your on E.bay ... impress the locals no end and check out the sling shots from china they are awsome looking as i have 2 days ago ordered a corcker ???? 

9 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:
10 minutes ago, madmen said:

What next a rogue rooster?

9 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Strangely enough I can hear one of them from my gaff. What do you have to do to find peace in this country?

Just ignore it! I've been living next door to 4 dogs and around 10 rosters for over 2 years now and I've simply ceased to be bothered by them.

It's just about impossible to escape from noise in Asia short of becoming a forest monk, so learning to live with it is just about the only answer.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

Just ignore it! I've been living next door to 4 dogs and around 10 rosters for over 2 years now and I've simply ceased to be bothered by them.

It's just about impossible to escape from noise in Asia short of becoming a forest monk, so learning to live with it is just about the only answer.

Yep, hear what you're saying mate. I think part of it is that it doesn't belong here.

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

If the dog has no apparent owner, is not aggressive etc, put in the back of a pick-up, drive to a Wat 20-30 kms away and release it. Thais often drop dogs off at the wat.

Yes I think that is the answer, but being a farang with limited Thai it's not easy for me to organise that and my wife is at her home village this week which don't help.

14 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

There must be dogcatchers here or the like,  or won't the council or local plod come and sort?

We used to get guys driving around the villages exchanging plastic buckets or washing bowls in exchange for any surplus dogs ... no joke ! they are on parr with roasted rats .

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

5 days now, same dog, no matter how many times it gets booted out it just keeps coming back, I wouldn't mind so much but it makes a load of noise and at night too and upsets other dogs in the village. I'm not sure if it's a stray or has a home as earlier a woman come to collect it but didn't speak a word of the queen's..anyhow several hours later back it comes, never seen anything like this before.

Any clue on how to get rid of this thing, I mean without literally running after it picking it up and strangling it to death? The thing is ruining my days and night and has to be culled..cheers

I am surprised your Thais neighbors didn't already solved the problem.

Usualy it's not take too long, it's always sad for the dog, but people need to sleep too.