Big problem with same dog coming into the village

Khon Kaen Jeff

3 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Howling with laughter at last at one funny as poo topic ????

Yea it's cheered me up too lol..

I will only suffer it for so long then I swear as night follows day I will sort it myself and it won't be pretty..but as we know if I act they just see you as the mad angry farang..Thai's are extremely strange people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Why do you need Thai ? the dog wont answer you .....????

seriously though, who needs to speak, just do it.

Because if he doesn't organize with Thai he can get into serious trouble if someone has a pet pee against him as he is a foreigner. Also he already said someone comes to pick it up and it just returns. So it is owned by someone. Need to take it up with that woman. 

• Like 1

I've just chased it out again and now found out where it lives which is only around 50 mts from the village, this just makes it worse as it's just gonna keep coming back all the time and not so easy just to take it away as they are gonna come looking for it...tried speaking to the man there but he was just shaking his head and muttering, a complete waste of time. A nightmare.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

What a country when a dog has move rights than humans..must be 50 people in this village yet the dog wins the day. Staggering.

That dog held a very high position in a previous life.    So be very careful how you treat it.

Edited by rumak

I don't get what the problem is here with the dog.

OP, living in a village... dogs will just wander about and come and go as they want.  If a female is on heat more males dogs will appear.  

What is the dog doing wrong to the OP?  Dogs all bark... I can't believe that all the dogs in his village are so quiet, only barking when this one dog turns up.  

Also, no wonder the dogs owner was shaking his head if you were speaking to him in English, and even if you spoke to him in Thai, he would not get what the problem is, as this thing is not a problem here.

OP, how long have you lived in Thailand?  The culture here, especially in the rural villages, is everyone lets their dogs 'free range'.  The come and go as they want like cats.  

Ok, Kon kean Jeff, lets' just be fair. You need your sleep at night right? So it's a good thing to get friendly with the dog. Just feed it and it becomes more or less your pet, you should accomplished this in 3 days. Then put a muzzle on the dog and keep it in a cage hidden behind your house where no one can see it. Make sure the muzzle on between meal times otherwise someone may hear it barks.

Feed it and make sure it doesn't die. Go on face book and have it adopt by someone in another Changwat far away from you.

Edited by ylmiri
add words
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

5 days now, same dog, no matter how many times it gets booted out it just keeps coming back, I wouldn't mind so much but it makes a load of noise and at night too and upsets other dogs in the village. I'm not sure if it's a stray or has a home as earlier a woman come to collect it but didn't speak a word of the queen's..anyhow several hours later back it comes, never seen anything like this before.

Any clue on how to get rid of this thing, I mean without literally running after it picking it up and strangling it to death? The thing is ruining my days and night and has to be culled..cheers

Sounds like you might have a bit of a bitch in heat problem, and if that is the case, unless the invasive dog is properly locked up there ain't a lot you will do about it until the bitch comes off her period.

Only been seen for 5 days, persistently returning, 'upsetting' (or waiting in line with) the other dogs in the village? IMO, unless a dog is an actual alpha, they do not just walk into another pack's territory for no reason without consequence. Just guessing here, don't shoot the messenger for their two pence worth.

The reason I'm guessing this is because I live with two 'un-fixed' animals and for the last 5 days (funny enough) have been going through hell regards the dog's behaviour. Siberian bitch on heat, German Shepherd going for it. Usually extremely responsive to commands but when a bitch is giving out the signs, forget it. Almost over for this time as he is starting to eat again; he will definitely be losing his boll**ks before the next time..................:thumbsup:

As said earlier, just a possibility to your situation.

• Like 2

I’m always amazed on this wonderful forum with the number of people ( I suspect from one country) who espouse killing any defenceless creature - see a snake - even though it is totally harmless - kill it. 

As many have pointed out - the reason is a bitch in season. Even my little dog goes a bit berserk - rushes off at high speed on his walks to say hello . A few days later not interested.

Surely if you have decided to live in a village you must expect these things to happen ? 

Their is probably a bitch in season in your area  They will attract all the soi male dogs, It happened to me last month the neighbours bitch was in season the males came trying to mate with her at 3am causing my GSD to start barking. As soon as she finished no more soi dogs. Problem is bitches are in season for between 2 and 4 weeks.

30 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

I’m always amazed on this wonderful forum with the number of people ( I suspect from one country) who espouse killing any defenceless creature - see a snake - even though it is totally harmless - kill it. 

As many have pointed out - the reason is a bitch in season. Even my little dog goes a bit berserk - rushes off at high speed on his walks to say hello . A few days later not interested.

Surely if you have decided to live in a village you must expect these things to happen ? 

Look friend, I am neither that stupid or naive, I have been here many many years and am well aware Thailand is a noisy country, I have a yapping dog next door, one opposite, and I can hear a rooster croaking all day, but this was on a different scale, the noise was incredible and cut right through you and during the night too, and as I have said the fact that it doesn't belong to anyone here made it harder to accept, other people were p*ssed too.

Anyway, happy to report it is a lot calmer now so maybe the posters talking about bitches in season were right, that said I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

some background music to set the mood

how to

the harmless weapon of choice

If you accept this route as usual Thaivisa will disavow any knowledge 

This message should self destruct as soon as a moderator takes a look

we would like to say no animals were harmed in the production of this post
any actions of the OP will be on their conscience 
happy sleeping 

Edited by andy72