Big problem with same dog coming into the village

Khon Kaen Jeff

Doesn’t security on the village gates shoo it away ? We have a really old pooch that hangs out by the guard post but security will not let it past the barriers. They are not harsh with it just firm. Talk to them about keeping it out. That’s what your service fee pays for.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rumak said:

That dog held a very high position in a previous life.    So be very careful how you treat it.

Just the man I have been looking for to explain my problem with Thai (Buddhist) thinking. If the person was so good in the life before, why have they come back as a soi dog. My rationale says they were a bad person.????

59 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Doesn’t security on the village gates shoo it away ? We have a really old pooch that hangs out by the guard post but security will not let it past the barriers. They are not harsh with it just firm. Talk to them about keeping it out. That’s what your service fee pays for.

No longer have security

• Haha 1

I think powerful slingshots are illegal in Thailand. however you can order a " Bait spreader" which looks remarkably like one. A bag of marbles - a little practice and then one night discreetly Fido goes home suddenly. It won;t kill or main the animal but will give it a stern reminder not to come back again.

Worked for me - it was the policeman's dog in the street under my window routinely stuck on " bark - wait 3 seconds - repeat." The last bark ended with a yelp and Fido went home right away.

Now if he hears my upstairs window open he remembers and all is calm.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Just the man I have been looking for to explain my problem with Thai (Buddhist) thinking. If the person was so good in the life before, why have they come back as a soi dog. My rationale says they were a bad person.????

i said they might have held a high position.  your rationale (thinking as a buddhist) would be the correct one.

Coming back as a dog would indicate that they were not a good person.   But then we would have to wonder how they came back with a high position previously.   well, guess we have to borrow a farang saying:

"power corrupts" ........

On another note, I wonder if someone posting a lot of negative stuff about Thais might be getting his just desserts regarding this dog issue.  But I could be barking up the wrong tree  ????

• Like 1

People who move to Thailand and complain about the noise of dogs are like people that move house next to a nightclub and then complain about the loud music!

Seriously though, get a big water pistol................. and shoot it at the owner everytime the dog bothers you.

Edited by AaronC76

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:
5 hours ago, AaronC76 said:

People who move to Thailand and complain about the noise of dogs are like people that move house next to a nightclub and then complain about the loud music!

Seriously though, get a big water pistol................. and shoot it at the owner everytime the dog bothers you.

THAT'S WATER PISTOL VERSUS REAL GUN TERRITORY 
only squirt the dog no opposable thumbs 
but then again  dog shoots owner

best let sleeping dogs lie 
get some earplugs

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2019 at 3:46 PM, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

What a country when a dog has move rights than humans..must be 50 people in this village yet the dog wins the day. Staggering.

Fifty locals and one weird farang you mean?

Isaan village life... it's for the dogs.

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2019 at 10:36 AM, sirocco said:

I always have the hose to water at your fingertips,
and a large stream of water to cats or dogs is effective.
You can always try.

We have some dogs (poodle and <deleted>zu) who come here from another street to mess up our gardens....(they wrecked our doormat into pieces) but they don't care at all for my gardenhose...i can spray them nonstop and they don't give a duck.

Edited by fruitman

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

Hallo nice doggie, come and have some dog biscuits.

Would you like to go for a fun trip in my car?  I'm only going to xxxx (some place 100 Km away).  When we get there, you can get out and run around while I sit in my car with the engine running., because I'm expecting an important call from my wife to tell me to come home immediately without waiting for you... ????

The OP has already explained he has no car, his wife is gone for some reasons

for few days and he is stuck in the middle of nowhere

in a Thai village with no more security and a <deleted> noisy dog at his door

every night

so if someone on the forum can show some christian charity and send to him

by mail a pair of earplugs to try to get the OP out of the misery where he'd put himself

it should be very apreciated

ty all for him

Edited by kingofthemountain

I had a cute dog ,her name was Beyonce.
She attracted too many male dogs ( heat)
The family sent her up the mountain to guard a guys chicken farm.
She pretty much ate them all ! [emoji38]
Now i’m stuck with her 2 sons- i love em to bits ( my security) [emoji240][emoji173]️[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

As a cyclist I'm quite used to dealing with problem dogs. They are quick learners and easily trained. One good kick in the face (or the nuts) and he'll never bother you again. Painful for the dog but nothing permanent.