Selective Forum Banning

Would it not be possible to institute a system of selective banning  - especially in sub-forums where tempers run high. For instance I have been banned 3 times over in the Brexit threads - and I don't dispute with good reason and many apologies to the mods for testing their patience. - but elsewhere I hope I am a good forumite. Once banned I tend not to bother with the forum  (my wife is ever so pleased!)  so impressions are lost and I become once step closer to not bothering anymore with TVF. So maybe a banning from the world forums of that could be done would have the same result .

If you cant control your own behaviour, then its up to you to avoid the areas that cause you the issue, or create "sparks".

Please note: you have not been "banned" or you wouldnt be here. You have been suspended from posting, big difference.

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

If you cant control your own behaviour, then its up to you to avoid the areas that cause you the issue, or create "sparks".

Fair enough as we are all adults here. That said I know active forumites that have stopped posting as a result which ultimately can't be helpful if they were active contributors and therefore contribute to the economic feasibility of Thai Visa. 

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Fair enough as we are all adults here. That said I know active forumites that have stopped posting as a result which ultimately can't be helpful if they were active contributors and therefore contribute to the economic feasibility of Thai Visa. 

Correct, if they cant control themselves and follow the forum rules as they agreed to do, then they should stop posting and upsetting others on the forum. That would be the right thing to do.

Aggressive or rude Trolls drive far more regular posters away which is why the behaviour will not be tolerated.

7 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Maybe have a free for all sub forum where anything goes? No reporting of post options in place. Go and vent there to get it off your chest. The people whose feelings get hurt easily can avoid said forum.

There could be legal and libel issues there. And it could get very nasty indeed. 

13 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Maybe have a free for all sub forum where anything goes? No reporting of post options in place. Go and vent there to get it off your chest. The people whose feelings get hurt easily can avoid said forum.

Already exists.Rules are more relaxed and requires a minimum number of posts to access it, its called "Bedlam".

I'm also for a more selective forum banning.

There are people floating around on here, with the main and only purpose, to 'disharmonies' threads and start to talk people down, instead of keeping an open discussion about different experiences and way of life.

They don't use languages to get them banned, by forum rules, ... but they do it, day in / day out. More sneaky.

I would be interested to hear what your point of view is about them, from forum moderator stands.

2 minutes ago, RedPill said:

I'm also for a more selective forum banning.

There are people floating around on here, with the main and only purpose, to 'disharmonies' threads and start to talk people down, instead of keeping an open discussion about different experiences and way of life.

They don't use languages to get them banned, by forum rules, ... but they do it, day in / day out. More sneaky.

I would be interested to hear what your point of view is about them, from forum moderator stands.

As with any poster, if the content is objectionable, use the report function, state your issue and a Moderator will evaluate it and take appropriate action. 

Archived