Colestyramin in Thailand

Oncologist

Hello, 

I'm from Germany and I'm planning to visit Thailand and maybe Indonesia/Malaysia for a couple of months. 

Concerning a stomach / intestine surgery I'm dependent on a medicine called colestyramin (resincolestyramina?). I have to take 4g every day otherwise I'm in a pretty bad condition. 

Now I'd like to know how I get the medicine in Thailand? (as cheap as possible) 

Do I need a prescription? In Germany I only get it with a prescription. 

It is available here under brand name Resincolestiramina, imported. It does not require a prescription but it can be hard to find. It is expensive as it is imported, probably cost a bit more than in Germany.

Frankly if coming for just a few months I'd suggest bringing it with you. While the limit is technically 30 day supply they do nto usually count out the amount, even if they check your bags. Just have it clearly labelled as prescribed to you.

Would probably also be a good idea to have a short doctor's report with you, both in case of an issue with customs (very unlikely but not impossible) and also to show doctors here should things flare up and you need treatment while here.

Archived