BANGKOK
snoop1130

Britain tells EU: compromise on Brexit or we'll get nasty: Spectator source

8 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Ah, so you didn't study the post referendum reports on why constituencies voted the way they did. It is quite enlightening. For example, in middlesboro men in a job queue said they voted leave because it had to be better than now - austerity biting. There are many other reasons quantified why people voted to leave, e.g. distrust of the EU by working class families on council estates, fears of immigrants taking jobs, etc etc.  None of which was about ideology. Which is what johnson and his right-wing cronies are pursuing, using the referendum vote as the rationale.

Aha! No. I certainly did not. Probably as factual as that IFS guesswork. Be off with you, varlet!

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Remainers unlikely to be stupid enough to read the Daily Express.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

True. They prefer to stoop way down and over on the left of the toilet brush holder, to reach the reliable and totally unbiased reporting from the Independent, and that other beauty, Gardening Today, something like that?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Aha! No. I certainly did not. Probably as factual as that IFS guesswork. Be off with you, varlet!

Clearly, then you know nothing, but still regard it as false.  In fact the reports came from polling booth constituencies who were willing to release such information for public record.  Before you jump in again, and make false allegations, know your facts, please - otherwise it just indicates you're a troll. Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/9/2019 at 8:34 PM, david555 said:

(Thailand  Brexiteers & remainers …. time to start sending Bum Gunn's direction U.K.😉)

Jon Craig

Chief political correspondent

Wednesday 9 October 2019 12:44, UK

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-bums-rush-no-deal-could-wipe-out-toilet-paper-stocks-11831093

Brexiteers will say it is the ultimate in "project fear", but it's claimed the nation could be caught short by a scarcity of toilet roll after the UK leaves the European Union.

Remainers will insist it shows Brexit is going down the pan, but a manufacturer has suggested some toilet paper supplies might not withstand long-term border delays or panic buying in the event of no-deal.

skynews-toilet-roll-toilet_4435155.jpg

I can't see a problem there as I normally buy a pack of 24 and when it gets down to 12 I buy another pack.

Forward planning is easy if you think about it and then do it.

When I was a young boy in the 1950s we used cut up newspapers.

I never did like Izal though.

Ireland says there's a deal in sight, and the pound jumps from 37bht to 38bht.

Seems like the money markets are happy for Brexit to happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

More likely happy to not see a No-Deal Brexit happening... :wink:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Clearly, then you know nothing, but still regard it as false.  In fact the reports came from polling booth constituencies who were willing to release such information for public record.  Before you jump in again, and make false allegations, know your facts, please - otherwise it just indicates you're a troll. Sorry.

You have provided not one of these reports, or even a link. You just picked out a couple of one-off examples suitable for your own purposes. I'll be involved if I want, I am not a troll and I am not sorry.

23 hours ago, sandyf said:

Bit of a far fetched assumption. I would suspect that a GE will result in another Tory /Lib Dem coalition.

Then you suspect wrong.The Lib Dems will never go into a coalition with the Tories given the damage done to their party last time round.

• Like 1

The money markets are happy when no-deal Brexit retreats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

True. They prefer to stoop way down and over on the left of the toilet brush holder, to reach the reliable and totally unbiased reporting from the Independent, and that other beauty, Gardening Today, something like that?
I do read the Homes and Gardens section in the Weekend FT.

• Like 1

This is exactly it, a vote to remain is a vote for 'no change', and the poorer people in the UK can't see anything worse than their current position. A vote to leave is a vote for 'change', life at the moment is pooh, so let's roll the dice.
Spokesman for the poor rolling dice.

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

If that were to be the case then all things being equal then the Lib Dems would get about 16.8 million and the 17.2 split in other directions.

Never going to happen, GEs do not work that way  so can never be a substitute for a referendum. More of a lottery than an answer to the brexit question.

Your answer is flawed.

Tell that to the Brexit party. Although they will claim a broader manifesto they are a one trick pony that will make it absolutely clear that they are the answer to the Brexit question.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I can't see a problem there as I normally buy a pack of 24 and when it gets down to 12 I buy another pack.

Forward planning is easy if you think about it and then do it.

When I was a young boy in the 1950s we used cut up newspapers.

I never did like Izal though.

Izal! Luxury, until you saw the end of your finger poking out through the middle.

• Haha 1

Then you suspect wrong.The Lib Dems will never go into a coalition with the Tories given the damage done to their party last time round.
Not worth going that far ahead of resolving the no-deal equation. That's mainly what Sterling is reflecting.

On 10/8/2019 at 6:01 PM, candide said:

8% of UK's GDP depends on exports to the EU vs 2.3% for EU exports to the UK. The economic risk resulting from a no deal is nearly 4 times higher for the UK than for the EU.

brexiteers dont understand simple economics. So they label every negative report as project fear 

• Sad 1