Britain tells EU: compromise on Brexit or we'll get nasty: Spectator source

snoop1130

4 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Someone has been reading the Trump play book. I hope it goes better for them. Only trouble is Britain needs the EU a lot more than they need Britain. 

Absolute rubbish. The EU exports more to the UK than the UK exports to the EU. The balance of trade has always been that way

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, david555 said:

For us it stops after Brexit (whenever in which year /month  that would be :whistling:...? ) but anyway sad for those normal C ones 48 (??)% who has to keep up with them ????

David , there is not going to be a no deal brexit . heads will fall into the ditch , before Ditch Day .. OCT 31..

Read BBC new today .  No brexit deal , UK would need massive loans , from who ??.

PS , German chancellor today,, has given bonkers , the kiss of death . 

Entente cordial , entre La ditch , asap.   Bon voyage..

25 minutes ago, elliss said:

David , there is not going to be a no deal brexit . heads will fall into the ditch , before Ditch Day .. OCT 31..

Read BBC new today .  No brexit deal , UK would need massive loans , from who ??.

Entente cordial , entre La ditch , asap.

Just reading this ….., interesting , not the whole bundle 300+ pages

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/08/travel-trade-phone-bills-and-immigration-no-deal-brexit-plan-released

travel, trade, new EU migrants and Irish border law: no-deal Brexit plan explained

From employing EU citizens to driving in Ireland, plan aims to show UK ready for crashing out

24 minutes ago, Lawrence Young said:

Absolute rubbish. The EU exports more to the UK than the UK exports to the EU. The balance of trade has always been that way

That only proofs that it is bad for both ,

E.U. export to U.K. in minus ?..... but supply import to U.K. then also in minus ….. high needed supply's to an Island ..hum hum …. how long take a Ship from X…? , or expensive air carriers from X…, shortages driving up prices , rarity's too...!

E.U. 27 to support each other as a unity  ….U.K  1 ….and Scotts getting more grumpy (and with reason ) 

Turbulent times ahead  I would say 

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

oh yes all the stuff you can't get in Thailand

Villa market have ,  a tad exspensive ,   if your on civil service  pension, enjoy , i do ..

If the mafia ruled EU gets bullyish with the UK,  trade options are always available with Libya, Irak, Iran or North Korea, with pleanty of money to make. The US should intervene and ask the EU bullies to keep their mouths down and open up a bit, the BREXIT may the the right thing or not, but it's for the UK people to decide and not any other bully nation in Europe or elsewhere...case closed.

43 minutes ago, Lawrence Young said:

LOL yes because you need it. You are either buying it somewhere else or in the EU. Guess what, no matter where you buy you still have a trade deficit, expect now you have to pay more for it in the UK because there will be customs duty.

Jeeeeez you guys are clowns if you think the UK will go back to growing all food etc themselves, but have fun in your future life as a pig farmer.

They should really teach more economy in school i guess...

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

If the mafia ruled EU gets bullyish with the UK,  trade options are always available with Libya, Irak, Iran or North Korea, with pleanty of money to make. The US should intervene and ask the EU bullies to keep their mouths down and open up a bit, the BREXIT may the the right thing or not, but it's for the UK people to decide and not any other bully nation in Europe or elsewhere...case closed.

The US should intervene... to ensure that no-one intervenes.  Nice to see you still kicking the hell out of that logic balloon observer.

38 minutes ago, elliss said:

Entente cordial , entre La ditch , asap.   Bon voyage..

Use of a foreign language does make a humorless post any less humorless.

Your way of talking is why U.K.is now in that no deal position ….self harming done

2 minutes ago, Slip said:

The US should intervene... to ensure that no-one intervenes.  Nice to see you still kicking the hell out of that logic balloon observer.

Nice to see that you are not familiar with the aspects of positive lobbying (a counterpart of positive discrimination), that makes me feel smart to point out to you Slip 

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Your way of talking is why U.K.is now in that no deal position ….self harming done

Your way of thinking is why the EU is bullying....  (next)  ????  (bring out the popcorn, this thread will be fun I feel it...)

6 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Use of a foreign language does make a humorless post any less humorless.

Your grasping @ straws now Jip . expected from brexit failures... 

Nice to see that you are not familiar with the aspects of positive lobbying (a counterpart of positive discrimination), that makes me feel smart to point out to you Slip 

You presume too much.  What you are saying is that powers who do not agree with your viewpoint should be silent, whereas powers that do should get fully involved.  It isn't difficult to poke holes in such thinking without referring to modern politic bingo.

If you are able to feel smarter than you did because of our earlier exchange then all power to you.  

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

Your way of thinking is why the EU is bullying....  (next)  ????  (bring out the popcorn, this thread will be fun I feel it...)

I know it gone be fun in a few weeks , as until now E.U. kept polite and patient ……until now , but you can feel already Germany told already the future lines to follow 

16 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Correct ,  When UK  abolished the eleven plus exam ,  that was the  beginning of the end.

Segregation , social class demise,    aka brexiteers...

16 minutes ago, david555 said:

I know it gone be fun in a few weeks , as until now E.U. kept polite and patient ……until now , but you can feel already Germany told already the future lines to follow 

No problem, I enjoy as much a cucumber sandwich for tea as I do an ApfelStrudel????

LOL yes because you need it. You are either buying it somewhere else or in the EU. Guess what, no matter where you buy you still have a trade deficit, expect now you have to pay more for it in the UK because there will be customs duty.

I guess your school should have stuck to clown training because they were no good at economics.

As your EU products increase in price due to customs duty, the alternative suppliers for products become more affordable, especially when we don’t have to apply EU protectionist tariffs to third countries.

The UK can source outside the EU, produce domestically, or simply buy fewer Of the more expensive EU products. The trade deficit reduces with any of these options.

The UK does not have to keep importing at the same levels as you seem to think.

13 minutes ago, Slip said:

You presume too much.  What you are saying is that powers who do not agree with your viewpoint should be silent, whereas powers that do should get fully involved.  It isn't difficult to poke holes in such thinking without referring to modern politic bingo.

If you are able to feel smarter than you did because of our earlier exchange then all power to you.  

Now, hope you are not getting upset as it is not my intent. Power my friend, is based on what you feel in you and not on any other external factor or rhetoric. Wish you a nice evening and please do have the last word.

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I guess your school should have stuck to clown training because they were no good at economics.

As your EU products increase in price due to customs duty, the alternative suppliers for products become more affordable, especially when we don’t have to apply EU protectionist tariffs to third countries.

The UK can source outside the EU, produce domestically, or simply buy fewer Of the more expensive EU products. The trade deficit reduces with any of these options.

"The UK does not have to keep importing at the same levels as you seem to think."

No..., as long you start consuming less , …. nice future life awaiting and maybe big belly's gone ….

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "fake nutella"

Now one by one all start appearing what they so long hide for the U.K. population 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/oct/08/uk-fishing-exports-48-hours-no-deal-brexit

UK fishing exports 'could be halted within 48 hours of no deal'

Lack of vets needed to stamp papers likely to delay lorries travelling to Calais, MPs told

The UK’s fishing fleets could face a de facto blockade within 48 hours of a no-deal Brexit, MPs have been told.

Representatives of the fishing industry said it was “a bit of an understatement” to describe the UK’s preparations for no deal as “a shambles”.

more...

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Not how any of this works. 

EU products are more expensive, yes for the UK peasant population. They will be the only ones who pay for this like we do here. 

Yeah just buy less food, raw materials, animals and livestock, pharma... A dream comes true. 

What forces the UK to import at these levels??? The EU¿¿¿

Yeah right absolutely no one except the citizens want to have these goods 

Nothing forces you to buy anything but you do because you want and need it. 

No because the UK is a service based economy with a large part being financial services consulting, r and d etc. in London but don't worry Frankfurt, Milan and Co don't mind this. 

80% of your economy is service based, but yet you guys are jerking off to rubbish like trade deficits, fishery and are looking to be pig farmers while skrewing your youth over. 

Brexiteers shall like this latest news I think …..????now it is up to the U.K. (H.O.C.) again …!:cheesy: The ball is in the U.K. camp again ….

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/08/eu-may-offer-to-extend-deadline-for-brexit-deal-to-summer

EU may offer to extend deadline for Brexit deal to summer

Leaders summit to consider ‘range of dates’ next week, with current talks all but dead

more...

10 minutes ago, SanookTeufel said:

I'm confused... Britain voted to leave the EU and now expects a "deal"?

Are they confused? They did this to themselves... They should get nothing in my opinion 

The EU did not vote, but the possible scenari are for the moment only these 3, the 3rd one being the most risky for all  will probably be chosen.  

1/ Remain

2/ TM's deal

3/ No-deal 

What forces the UK to import at these levels??? The EU¿¿¿

Yeah right absolutely no one except the citizens want to have these goods 
Nothing forces you to buy anything but you do because you want and need it. 

EU tariffs keep out cheaper products from many other countries. Try oranges for example. So the EU is effectively forcing the UK ‘peasants’ to import them from the EU at inflated prices.

As EU products increase in price, the want and need will reduce in favour of alternatively sourced products newly available to the UK consumer.

Watch the German car sales soon begin to plummet in the UK. Not before time too.

12 hours ago, Slip said:

Hold man.  I understand your feelings.  We all feel like this, but it is caused by Cummings/BJ and their war of attrition.  The one point that they (brexit chaps) do have is it was probably never going to end well for the UK.  That is why it was so bloody stupid.  There you go- Tories putting party over country for half a decade on this matter alone.

Calm yourself dear

5 hours ago, SanookTeufel said:

I'm confused... Britain voted to leave the EU and now expects a "deal"?

Are they confused? They did this to themselves... They should get nothing in my opinion 

Suits me,sling your hook and as for our alleged outstanding debts to the eu -----you,'re knocked

Archived