Britain tells EU: compromise on Brexit or we'll get nasty: Spectator source

snoop1130

6 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Not how any of this works. 

EU products are more expensive, yes for the UK peasant population. They will be the only ones who pay for this like we do here. 

Yeah just buy less food, raw materials, animals and livestock, pharma... A dream comes true. 

What forces the UK to import at these levels??? The EU¿¿¿

Yeah right absolutely no one except the citizens want to have these goods 

Nothing forces you to buy anything but you do because you want and need it. 

No because the UK is a service based economy with a large part being financial services consulting, r and d etc. in London but don't worry Frankfurt, Milan and Co don't mind this. 

80% of your economy is service based, but yet you guys are jerking off to rubbish like trade deficits, fishery and are looking to be pig farmers while skrewing your youth over. 

The eu s not done a very good job of keeping its own financial house in order,Frankfurt and milan?pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Slip said:

For my money I would easily replace one racist Brit with one non-racist European.  Even pound for pound.  (Not the at the dreadful place the Brexit gang have driven it to obviously).

What's your obsession with race?

Good to see UK politicians finally standing up to the likes of Barnier, Juncker, Merkell etc. They've even started to go on the front foot for once which is nice, no doubt Cummings is aware that when you know something is definitely coming for you it can be a good idea to get your retaliation in first ????. He's a good lad that Dominic.

It's a shame that the traitors like Grieve and Benn have blocked no deal or we could have been out in 3 weeks. As it is, we'll have to wait until we've removed these colluders via a General Election. Unless of course Johnson and Cummings have a way to get around the Surrender Bill, let's hope so.????

11 hours ago, david555 said:

Maybe if you throw in Gibraltar also  …. Spanish problem also solved ????

It would be a nice gesture of the apes of Gibraltar were given over to the remainers,introduce a bit of much needed intellect and finness.

4 minutes ago, kingdong said:

What's your obsession with race?

Remainers always resort to calling people racists and fascists when they've lost the argument, take it as a compliment when they reach that point, it's all they have left :thumbsup:.

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Remainers always resort to calling people racists and fascists when they've lost the argument, take it as a compliment when they reach that point, it's all they have left :thumbsup:.

I didn,t bring up the race card,the poster I addressed did,you remainers do more twisting than chubby checker

Of course, all Boris needs to be able to keep his word about leaving on the 31st is for JUST ONE Eu government to say NO (that is, to veto) BJ's request (forced upon him by the Bennite crew) to delay the exit for three months.

One veto is sufficient to stuff the whole EU obstructionism.  I wonder which country will oblige with a veto.   Hungary maybe?

14 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

Of course you mean the 22 begging states need the UK,and with 93 billion deficit UK has with EU  who needs who?

The other 5 EU states are all, or about to go into recession

Awaiting the irish response

Reading the above there will be a few Hail Marys being screamed  lol

The UK is already 66bn poorer because of the brexit vote study shows. Hit to national income is 420 million pounds a week - greater that the BJ's discredited claim of a 350 million boost to be lavished on the NHS.

14 hours ago, Mavideol said:

the real BJ starts to show, much like his best friend in the US, black mail/threats.....the old saying either my way or no way and they want to negotiate a good deal after that 555

Childish and stupid. Time we got rid of these useless charlatans.

21 minutes ago, kingdong said:

I didn,t bring up the race card,the poster I addressed did,you remainers do more twisting than chubby checker

Think you've misunderstood that one, I was referring to Slip's post, not your reply to it.

I'm a leaver ????.

20 minutes ago, blazes said:

Of course, all Boris needs to be able to keep his word about leaving on the 31st is for JUST ONE Eu government to say NO (that is, to veto) BJ's request (forced upon him by the Bennite crew) to delay the exit for three months.

One veto is sufficient to stuff the whole EU obstructionism.  I wonder which country will oblige with a veto.   Hungary maybe?

Why should any of them? The leavers keep saying "they need us" "they need our money"; if that's the case why would they want to force us out with no deal? Can these people think?

6 hours ago, Loiner said:

As EU products increase in price, the want and need will reduce in favour of alternatively sourced products newly available to the UK consumer.

Watch the German car sales soon begin to plummet in the UK. Not before time too

You really think that UK people who currently buy BMW, Mercedes or Porsche cars will stop to do so after Brexit because of a new tax? I doubt.

Yes, probably a slight reduction in sale volume, but nothing like 'plummet'.

well the chickens will soon be coming home to  roost

the Brexiteers  will soon be getting what they wished for 

and I personally think its going to worse that they thought  job losses  ect 

and for me the pound  declining  not good news

hopefully I am proved wrong 

12 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Exactly. And more to the point they don't have any concept of what happens after. Like around three more years of negotiating on all the unresolved commitments between the UK and EU. That's why it's called a divorce settlement. you can check out anytime, but you can never leave.

3 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Exactly. And more to the point they don't have any concept of what happens after. Like around three more years of negotiating on all the unresolved commitments between the UK and EU. That's why it's called a divorce settlement. you can check out anytime, but you can never leave.

Only the paranoid will ever think they have won, reality indicates the UK is a nation of losers. Some of us more than others.

The new assessment will strengthen criticism that the pre-referendum warnings of the consequences, branded ‘Project Fear’ by Brexit supporters, in fact reflect the reality of what has happened. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-economy-brexit-boris-johnson-institute-fiscal-studies-growth-exports-a9146386.html

1 hour ago, flossie35 said:

Why should any of them? The leavers keep saying "they need us" "they need our money"; if that's the case why would they want to force us out with no deal? Can these people think?

Rather simple answer, chum:  the smaller countries have a very profitable export market in the UK.

Sorry if it's confusing....

12 hours ago, Loiner said:

You read it wrong. You even wrote it wrong.

UK will be OK but the writing is on the wall for the EU. And now the EU damage is self inflicted to boot!

The UK will cease to exist in fewer than a handful of years. 

52 minutes ago, shackleton said:

The 38 baht to the GBP declined seriously (same for the €...) because recent "events"

https://daytodaydata.net/

2019-10-09_101336.png

There is no nice way to get off the EU dung heap. Just ask the Danes, the French and the Irish, not to mention the bankrupted countries of Southern Europe. Just prepare as best you can and leave, deal or no deal. It will be very tough, but I reckon Britain still has enough backbone and guts to come out of this in good shape.

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Only the paranoid will ever think they have won, reality indicates the UK is a nation of losers. Some of us more than others.

The new assessment will strengthen criticism that the pre-referendum warnings of the consequences, branded ‘Project Fear’ by Brexit supporters, in fact reflect the reality of what has happened. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-economy-brexit-boris-johnson-institute-fiscal-studies-growth-exports-a9146386.html

This report is a damning indictment of the financial implications of Brexit. Which in no small way has adversely affected me and my family, by the baht dropping to a new low today. While not at starvation levels, the impact on others in similar situations is just as great, and as such, the leavers rhetorical mantra of exiting the EU on October 31st with or without a deal leaves an everlasting sour taste in my mouth.

And for what?  Has anyone on here been screwed like this by the EU? Don't think so. I can't wait for the comeuppance for the tory party at the forthcoming GE.  Reap what you sow, and what goes around comes around.

16 hours ago, candide said:

8% of UK's GDP depends on exports to the EU vs 2.3% for EU exports to the UK. The economic risk resulting from a no deal is nearly 4 times higher for the UK than for the EU.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics....

8% of the Uk’s GDP (2.622 trillion $US) = 0.209 trillion dollars of exports going to the EU.

2.3%of the EU GDP (18.8 trillion) = 0.4324 trillion dollars worth going to the UK.

A mere $223,400,000,000 trade deficit....

17 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Someone has been reading the Trump play book. I hope it goes better for them. Only trouble is Britain needs the EU a lot more than they need Britain. 

52 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Archived