Coming back from 1 night outside Ubon

That's a good question. Who knows. All I can give is an opinion based on my visit to Thai imm today for extension based on retirement. I fly in/out los every 2 weeks. I have never done tm30. When I returned last week from Saigon I asked my condo file tm30. First time in 7 yr!

They did. I had no problem with extension. My advise to members is do sweet fa until need to attend imm. Just prior file tm30 domestic or international

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I just arrive to Ubon from the US and filed the TM30 at Ubon downtown with just one problem. The Immigration Officer kept asking my wife (Loaded Question) if we have been complying with "Reporting" IAW the TM30. She said "YES" even though we had just returned to Thailand after a 7 month stay in the US and had not reported at all on our last trip to Thailand months ago. I believe if she said that we had not, we would have been fined. Like everyone else trying to comply with Thailand's Law's but everything seems "Questionable and Very Problematic!!"  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure how long the reports are kept in their database for online reports done by hotels. I suspect they are not kept for more than a few months or their database would be overloaded.

just the last filed TM30, not the complete history.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

From now on I will make sure my wife does the hotel registration so I don't have to worry about a report.

Prior to this year, I often found my Driving Licence or pink ID card was accepted.

However this year, even if the wife booked, as soon as they saw me they insisted on my Passport.

We stayed in a hotel resort in Buriram earlier this year for a weekend break and another foreigner seen going into a room booked by his Thai wife was asked for his Passport. He didn't have it on his person and was asked to leave immediately. The hotel refused to return their payment for the room as his wife was still welcome to stay.

Hotels are being far more vigilant this year due to the recent enforcements and the threat by Immigration to increase fines to hotels in the future.

54 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Prior to this year, I often found my Driving Licence or pink ID card was accepted.

However this year, even if the wife booked, as soon as they saw me they insisted on my Passport.

We stayed in a hotel resort in Buriram earlier this year for a weekend break and another foreigner seen going into a room booked by his Thai wife was asked for his Passport. He didn't have it on his person and was asked to leave immediately. The hotel refused to return their payment for the room as his wife was still welcome to stay.

Hotels are being far more vigilant this year due to the recent enforcements and the threat by Immigration to increase fines to hotels in the future.

We’re you offering a Thai driver’s license? My Thai license has my passport number on it.

1 hour ago, Martyp said:

We’re you offering a Thai driver’s license? My Thai license has my passport number on it.

Thai licence yes, but doesn't state your nationality, type of visa, or TM6 number.

They scanned Passport photo page, extension and TM6 card.

Having the wife register at the hotel is the simplest way to avoid reporting back to IO , that's what I do also.

I did my extension here in Ubon in August and i have never been asked for a TM30 form. Still the same since I have not had a recent entry to the country or stayed in hotel that reported me for awhile.
Not sure how long the reports are kept in their database for online reports done by hotels. I suspect they are not kept for more than a few months or their database would be overloaded.
Talked to some people that were not very happy about being fined for not reporting after a stay in hotel while I was there. 
From now on I will make sure my wife does the hotel registration so I don't have to worry about a report.

I must admit I find it somewhat disheartening that so many foreigners seem keen to comply with the whole Tm 30 mess to the extent of volunteering the form when it is probably not necessary. I'm really not sure why so many want to conform with what appears to be a bit of nonsense that will blow over soon enough. It would blow over much quicker if people weren't overly pedantic about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The same happened to me in Khon Kaen; the wife checked in with her card, but when they saw me they asked immediately for my passport.

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Sorry to hear this. We all need to let foreigners considering a lengthy stay in Thailand of this requirement, hotel enforcement and fine. Thailand Immigration enforcement continues to drive people away.

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

I must admit I find it somewhat disheartening that so many foreigners seem keen to comply with the whole Tm 30 mess to the extent of volunteering the form when it is probably not necessary. I'm really not sure why so many want to conform with what appears to be a bit of nonsense that will blow over soon enough. It would blow over much quicker if people weren't overly pedantic about it.

All could help address the issue if the letters of protest were sent to every long stay foreigner's Embassy, I'm thinking.

• Sad 1

I will make sure my wife does the hotel registration so I don't have to worry about a report.”

That is what I always do, no headache, no questions. 

Even though I live in a hotel property and it is easy to report my return by their system, but I prefer not getting any room on my name and then no report needed on return. 

Edited by The Theory

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I did my extension here in Ubon in August and i have never been asked for a TM30 form. Still the same since I have not had a recent entry to the country or stayed in hotel that reported me for awhile.

Talked to some people that were not very happy about being fined for not reporting after a stay in hotel while I was there. 

Would the hotel have to record your stay, regardless of who did the registration?

I would have thought that if they didn't report then they could be fined for not

complying, if  immigration were alerted.

18 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

i thought it was just for ID purposes so their for driving licence should be OK . thats all i used when i was away last week in buriram.

11 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Too right.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Martyp said:

and on the reverse IT HAS your ADDRESSS......all licences have passport number on them..

Edited by essox essox
after thought