1000B fee for home visit

2 minutes ago, glegolo said:

And by that 500 baht you so "nicely" gave away for nothing, you started the whole <deleted>, thank you so much, and now OP is paying the price for your give-away.....

Guys dont do it, it is just plain stupid, and you are being seen as stupid by these native people, nothing else and nothing more.

glegolo

Yes, I understand. But once explained that they only get bus ticket price refunded, I felt it was the right thing to do. Now that I know more 10 years on........................ ???? Quite naive back then.

had two visits in Rayong, first time application and this year 4th renewal. first visit from a very polite professional guy and the second from an immigration officer who turned up in an official immigration 5 series BMW and was a ........ all the way through the visit trying to trip up my wife up then me. never paid any expenses both times but it does seem like they want to fail you now.

Edited by sandrabbit

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

Yep, they tried this with me as well when I started the Non-O route 10 years back. Were told to cop themselves on and do their jobs.

However, when they got there, we fed and watered them as this is the nice thing to do. Gave them 500 for diesel for the way back, of my own free will.

Don't tell me what I need to do has been my mantra with them. Nan to Uttaradit was a long trip back then, so it was only right to take care of them when they arrived.

Didn't do me any good. The priicckks still made further extensions difficult from that point on. ???? Not because of the money thing, but because they could. ????

Unbelievable. People like you probably let them keep the 100 baht change from the visa fee.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thequietman said:

Yes, I understand. But once explained that they only get bus ticket price refunded, I felt it was the right thing to do. Now that I know more 10 years on........................ ???? Quite naive back then.

Yeah we all probably were.... mainthing is, we all learn by life itself....

glegolo

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

I don't think they will make anybody's life difficult, this could cause problems for them as well.

I suspect if you question their payment request they will not ask for it again, or maybe even turn it arround and act as if they do you a favour, something like "oh, i just saw that you don't live far away, i will waive this fee for you" and then they let the matter rest.

A while ago in Udon, if you gave them 2000 THB for an extension they tended to "forget" to return the 100 THB change. Upon reminding them they were like "oh sorry, i forgot", while you could clearly see in his face that he didn't forget it. Once i was even directly asked by them to pay 2000 THB, i was like "Doesn't this cost 1900 THB?", "Oh yes, you are right, sorry i mixed something up". They always tried to get an extra 100 THB, which i never paid, but i never had a problem getting the extension after this. (Somebody here on Thaivisa reported that in his case the IO at Udon claimed the extra 100 THB are for taking copies, they never tried this story with me though)

I think they can pocket those money

10 hours ago, glegolo said:

And by that 500 baht you so "nicely" gave away for nothing, you started the whole <deleted>, thank you so much, and now OP is paying the price for your give-away.....

Guys dont do it, it is just plain stupid, and you are being seen as stupid by these native people, nothing else and nothing more.

glegolo

Some people have more money than brains. Actually, there's quite a few people with more money than brains in this world.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dayo202 said:

I know i have mate, I told the wife its a scam because they wouldn't give me a receipt. wife said don't make a scene....

should ALWAYS GET RECEIPT.....otherwise one does not really know where money is going...and take photo of receipt on phone.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

should ALWAYS GET RECEIPT.....otherwise one does not really know where money is going...and take photo of receipt on phone.....

You know only too well where the money is going!

• Like 2