1000B fee for home visit

17 hours ago, dayo202 said:

then I was asked for 1000B for the home visit fee I asked my wife to get a receipt for the 1000B which immigration officer didn't reply...

... that's a first timer for me to hear/read this.

Everyday something new

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Paying a person to overlook something is one thing...but tipping a policeman for doing his job....come on...get real!

Especially when there is no receipt for the 1k to 'cover the cost' of a home visit

Very questionable, to say the least

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thequietman said:

Yes, I understand. But once explained that they only get bus ticket price refunded, I felt it was the right thing to do. Now that I know more 10 years on........................ ???? Quite naive back then.

1 - not your problem.

2 - would you have done the same, given a 'tip' to them for doing their job, back home?

3 - Silly point in 2, as you wouldn't have to go through the same nonsense if the role was reversed in your own country.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

And if you are nothing wrong in your side, you have no reason to do it.

Or they'll want still more and more years after years.

This is not the west, even if everything is 100% you can still have problems, you just never know.

I've had immigration guys try to extort money and told them no! waited 5-10 mins and they give up.  on the other hand I've had police make things up to get paid. One time the cop showed me a picture of a car speeding saying it was me (I have a truck) and wanted 500B, stood my ground for 30 mins, kept saying that's a car I have a truck, he would repeat that's you! finally gave up, gave him 200B got my license back and on my way.  Several TV members have had problems with govt officials being corrupt. It's how things work in Asia. 

• Thanks 1

This is what happens for someone I know working in a different govt ministry.

If she or her team are required to make an official visit/inspection or attend a meeting or conference, an official pickup or van with driver is provided. These can range in distance from inside the provincial city to 4 or 5 provinces away.

If no official vehicle is available and she has to drive her own vehicle she receives travel allowance cash based on distance from her admin office.

I cant see why immigration works differently.

• Thanks 2

On 10/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, Stevemercer said:

A friend of mine recently paid 3000 for a home visit - 4 immigration officers who wanted 500 each, tip to the village headman of 500 to make an appearance, and 250 each to 2 neighbours as witnesses. We all said he had been ripped off. At the very least his wife should have negotiated at least 50% off.

As others have said, if you don't pay it doesn't affect your extension as it is just a try on. The Officers don't want to make problems for themselves by drawing attention to a particular situation. They'll just move onto the next sucker who might well pay up.

It's really a pity to know in what sort of misery some of us are living here

i wish this poor guy to never be short with his money, or he should be in

a very big trouble in less than few hours with such people around him.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:16 PM, ericthai said:

This is not the west, even if everything is 100% you can still have problems, you just never know...

yeahh

live in the fear and pay for everything all the time.even if it's not necessary at all

good luck with that but hey for some reasons (Illimited funds, not want to bother with something, too weak or whatsoever) it's your choice, but sorry it's not ''how things work in asia''

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 9:27 PM, dayo202 said:

Just like to share my experience at Patum Thani immigration today. 

... then I was asked for 1000B for the home visit fee I asked my wife to get a receipt for the 1000B which immigration officer didn't reply...

Yes, I really dislike Pathum Thani immigration, starting with the person that you have to get que numbers from.  They are the reason that 12 years since my last 'B' I'm still getting a non 'O' from Laos and driving to Ban Phumanron every 90 days. Even though the 90 reporting isn't in the 'visa' office, I just hate going out there (and potentially seeing a couple of those people).