• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mmm common since would be good start

teach people how to drive less aggressive

reduce speeds

Fine everyone not just some

they see what happens on the roads due to speed stupidity

yet no fine according to offices' the skid makes indicate it was faulty breaks ( PLEASE) NOTHING TO DO WITH 15 PEOPLE IN BACK OF DUECAB 

you see how the come off a side road don't look just keep same speed 

4 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

They expect to export these innovative devices? They sound just like things professional police forces have had in their standard kit for some time. Maybe investing in real training for officers and getting out and actually enforcing the existing laws would be a better investment in time and money.

Good idea all round, but as for selling the idea abroad, forget it overseas it is called telematics and has been about for an age, bus fleets have them which helps timetable planning and running time efficiencies, plus many logistics companies install them  to show what time deliveries were mad or updated delivery times, unless i am missing something this is 20 year old technology, when i had a company 10 years ago, from Thailand i could watch on my i phone with a simple log in the location and details of my vehicles in the UK coupled with cctv you get a good all round idea of whats going on 

"new technology created to help the society can also be sold to other countries and help generate revenue for the country.”

Surely you jest. Other countries have been using this technology for years. Certainly on trucks and public vehicles.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol Major Phuritpach Nantasitangoon, a forensic scientist at Ang Thong’s Scientific Crime Detection Centre 7

looks like some of the best brains in the country are on this - that makes it even worse.

They still aren't getting the basic concept of crime prevention - seems they never will

Traffic wardens in the UK are better trained and more effective and all they do is direct traffic and issue tickets on static vehicles - oh wait, isn't that exactly what …………...

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Many people like Thailand just the way it is. If they wanted police oversight 24 hours a day they could stay at home.

What are the people’s favourite aspects of Thailand- is it :

The 25,000 annual road deaths .

The 56th and worsening position in the PISA educational tables.

Economic growth falling towards the bottom of the table vs neighbours.

Its position in the Gini inequality index.

Its 20 military coups....

Please feel free to add your own .

Having been involved in the development of similar devices for Emergency Services in Australia that took many years and still can not be relied upon.  And this is going to be done by a Government who has not been able to develop an App for immigration as well as an online form which supposedly works on Internet Explorer and no other platform???  There must be some very rich people here getting a lot of money for working on these ideas!!!  I should have quoted on developing the system for the license points data base which is linked to non existent license holders.  I can see how living in Thailand developed cynicism

Another  way to generatate income is if people can use assets instead  of bank statements or statements also to use for guarantee for visas 

You can use assets for bail money so why not for Visas

Need to work on weakening  the thai baht to genorate income 

At least they have lifted  some of the restrictions  in work permits 

Retirement  visas 

Mrriage visas

Dependant Visas

Should be done on a point sytem

Supporting  thai family

Having  kids in schools here

Assets in banks and in land house vehicles  extra

Should have at least one if these in the options 

All are evidence  of spending money here and helping economy

13 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Regarding the installation on Police vehicles, how long before all the high-tech breaks down due to lack of maintenance ?

Or plainly due to careless use ?

or even who knows,  sabotage from some officers who do not want to show their whereabouts on duty and then have to share the bribes cake,  higher above.

Ok but it would be suspicious if not working every time the device is corrected

4 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

This seems to be a chief concern of the government - what is the perceived threat to 'national security'?  From whom?  Perhaps the concern is for internal strife caused by distrust of the self-appointed 'democratic' government.

Same with the purchase of tanks, subs,  who have they got in mind as a threat to National Security.

One can only shake ones  head in amazement, this tracking device already exists and has been used for decades now by most first responders in many major cities around the world. It is also used by major logistics companies in their vehicles, councils and community services to protect/track workers. It already is installed in every smart phone, smart watch.

Integrated traffic system flow technology systems, along with number plate recognition has been around for decades also. They even have technology for counter flow control during major emergencies, these guys cannot be serious surely?

It aint new guys and girls, take a look around the world, you do not have reinvent the wheel, it already exists.

Wonderful.  Soon we will not only have weekly reports of Immigration arresting two suspects for petty crimes using biometric technology, which they flaunt around like it is the brainchild of Thailand immigration, using giant cartoonish vinyl poster boards that end up in the sea instead of a simple power point.  We will also have the police doing the same thing pretending they invented GPS trackers.

IoT is where you have a hub in your room (not a pub, a hub) and all rhe things like movement detector, mikey, lighting, a/c etc is connected to the hub wirelessly.

The hub is areal thing that sits on a table or the wall. It's a speaker, maybe there's a microphone in there ...

And then you can control everything from your phone because phone and hub are connected. Connected over the internet.

You can automate stuff eg set the temp the a/c turns on or when rhe oven starts the roast chicken, or even an alarm if someone enters your room when you're out.

Pretty good eh!

But here's the thing noone talks about and so I dont know about. And maybe you could comment.

With a camera and mike and movement detector, connected to the hub, the hub to the internet ISN'T THIS THE PERFECT BIG BROTHER MONITOR ? 

You can guess the rest and why Xiaomi is the PLA favourite

Hi-tech does not replace community-oriented policing. I would love to see published for Pattaya:

Patrol districts

Staffing by shift and district

Emergency call statistics

Officer activity by category of call

Response time to calls for service

Solving of crimes statistics

Traffic accident statistics

...and more

I think such transparency and accountability to the public is wishful thinking. 

1 hour ago, geisha said:

They can’t even get the CCTV cameras to work let alone a GPS tracking system !

All will be installed. All will be neglected. All will be forgotten. All will disappear. Harken back to the much publicized CCTV cameras and LED screens on beach road in Pattaya. I wonder if the Tsunami sirens are now working along the beach front? Maintenance does not afford photo ops and an opportunity to display medals, wings and so much store bought decoration.

1 hour ago, MartinKal said:

IoT is where you have a hub in your room (not a pub, a hub) and all rhe things like movement detector, mikey, lighting, a/c etc is connected to the hub wirelessly.

The hub is areal thing that sits on a table or the wall. It's a speaker, maybe there's a microphone in there ...

And then you can control everything from your phone because phone and hub are connected. Connected over the internet.

You can automate stuff eg set the temp the a/c turns on or when rhe oven starts the roast chicken, or even an alarm if someone enters your room when you're out.

Pretty good eh!

But here's the thing noone talks about and so I dont know about. And maybe you could comment.

With a camera and mike and movement detector, connected to the hub, the hub to the internet ISN'T THIS THE PERFECT BIG BROTHER MONITOR ? 

You can guess the rest and why Xiaomi is the PLA favourite

Not all IoT devices need a hub, some connect to your friendly Chinese cadre's spy network directly through wifi or gsm. Use tasmota if you don't want to be on the commie radar 24/7: https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/wiki

Most cheapo Chinese IoT devices use either sonoff's eWeLink ot Tuya's Smart Home app, both have servers in China. You have been warned.

Archived